Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Saturday,September 21, 2024, 12:53:30

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
12 May 2024 08:13:51
 I have some F1 Abusemark boards going spare,,,,,,,,,,,,,    ;)    :azn
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:12:29
And with oldskool parts  :D
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:11:57
I must be the only one doing tricopters right now  :laugh:
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:09:30
 :D
Gaza07:
11 May 2024 21:15:16
Domain has been renewed closure has been cancelled  :D
Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,478
  • Total Topics: 20,271
  • Online today: 26
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 36
Total: 37

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Bunnygirl's : My own design : superquad

Started by bunnygirl80, Thursday,August 21, 2014, 16:12:35

Previous topic - Next topic

bunnygirl80

Well, I';ve now started on the electronics and it should be flying real soon!  ::)
Always smile because you never know who could be falling in love with it. :) Drone Operator in North Wales. [url="//www.aerialworx.co.uk"]www.aerialworx.co.uk[/url]

teslahed

Looks very nice, i bet you could easily turn it into an X8 if you needed to.

One advantage of the basic H i see you';ve gone with if you can use one piece of carbon fibre for 2 arms by passing it through the centre. Should help with strength that. Is the frame easy to dismantle for portability?
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

bunnygirl80

Turning it into an X8 would be quite easy, just cut four more motor plates and that';s it. 

I am trying to keep the weight down though! At the moment it weighs 1.7kg without lipos and it has a total lift of 8.4kg which is ideal as a sub 7kg rig.

Yes, it';s been designed to also be relatively easy to transport. I have been looking at some quick release clamps, but not sure how strong they are. Any thoughts?

I';m also thinking of some simple rotating legs.
Always smile because you never know who could be falling in love with it. :) Drone Operator in North Wales. [url="//www.aerialworx.co.uk"]www.aerialworx.co.uk[/url]

bunnygirl80

Well, its taken to the skies and it flies absolutely amazingly with a AUW of 3.4kg and that includes a 5800ma 6s lipo. I';m just uploading a video of it flying with the default gains. So, I';ll update later.

flybywire

Very nice BG, superbly practical, and even looks nice as well.  I always say, you can';t beat a lovely bit of carbon.  :smiley: 

I love the idea of being able to just put stuff where you want, not having to scratch your head until it bleeds working out how to cram that last bit of kit in that won';t fit.

Nice.  :beer2:
Blog: [url="http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff"]http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff[/url]
The spiritual home of fpv large
Keep it emax, capiche?
Hardware? sure, I got hardware!

bunnygirl80

Thanks matey! Yeah, I know what you mean. One advantage of a H frame is that there';s plenty of room to put things where you want and you can even move things around as there';s plentyyy of space!

I';ve already named this frame SAK (short for Swiss Army Knife). If I make a pro version, I';ll call it ProSak! lol.

Well, here';s the movie of it maiden flight on default gains. For the maiden I put the two batteries on the side (with only one connected) and we got 21 minutes in the air. We can also put a battery on the back too to counter balance a gimbal on the front (or is that the back). I think LED';s might be needed.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCPLvCAPAMo

Jumpy07

Just get a cover and some legs.. and it can be a new ironing board  :wack0 :wack0 :wack0 :wack0 :wack0 :wack0
BNUC-S Pilot with PfCo /PFAW.
UAQ / CAA PfCo Instructor / Flight Assessor

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

nub

Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

bunnygirl80

deano

thats smart. wish i had the skills to build my own
dji f330
q450 hk clone
3 whitesheep

flybywire

Simple, yet elegant, bit like me really..(don';t say a word!)   :cool:
Blog: [url="http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff"]http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff[/url]
The spiritual home of fpv large
Keep it emax, capiche?
Hardware? sure, I got hardware!

bunnygirl80

dockman

Looking really good, always been a fan of the h-quad design.
I fly stuff