Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Saturday,September 21, 2024, 03:29:32

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
12 May 2024 08:13:51
 I have some F1 Abusemark boards going spare,,,,,,,,,,,,,    ;)    :azn
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:12:29
And with oldskool parts  :D
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:11:57
I must be the only one doing tricopters right now  :laugh:
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:09:30
 :D
Gaza07:
11 May 2024 21:15:16
Domain has been renewed closure has been cancelled  :D
Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,478
  • Total Topics: 20,271
  • Online today: 12
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 15
Total: 15

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Help with my H frame,

Started by Commando, Thursday,July 31, 2014, 11:16:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Commando

Hello guys,
Im 5 months now from the day i start to build my quad.
I love the H frame so i make one, I need help because im dealing with unstable issues, struggling hovering.
i use multiwii 2.3 with Crius pro V2.
Question 1
I screw the motor base to hard and change a bit the position (lets say 0.6 degree) .

Question 2
Does flexibility of frame affect hovering? should frame be stiff? see video
http://youtu.be/OkEnWatglhA
Thanks in advance.
Suggestions?

nub

the motor mounting looks ok to me but the flexing sure aint going to do you any favors IMHO best be trying to stiffen that frame up some how.

oh hi and :welcome: to the forum.
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

guest325

I would say that the flexibility of the frame is what';s causing your problems, it needs to be as rigid as possible to avoid transmitting vibration to the Flight controller, plus the FC should be mounted on anti vibration foam or similar. Think of it this way if the frame is flexing the FC is getting confused in what it needs to do to correct the problem.
This is my frame built from electrical conduit and fittings, virtually no flex and flies very well!
http://www.multi-rotor.co.uk/index.php?topic=8745.0

Commando

Thanks a lot guys  ::)
I like your idea, but Im afraid to use cylinder parts  :hmm: , But i will give it a try on my second build because it seems really stable  :azn
OK so Im ready to make a stiffer build,  :angry:
Maybe i use wooden body.  :hmm:
Keep in touch!  :beer2:

GdLookinMingeR

Quote from: Commando on Thursday,July 31, 2014, 13:59:41
Thanks a lot guys  ::)
I like your idea, but Im afraid to use cylinder parts  :hmm: , But i will give it a try on my second build because it seems really stable  :azn
OK so Im ready to make a stiffer build,  :angry:
Maybe i use wooden body.  :hmm:
Keep in touch!  :beer2:
You may get some ideas from here
http://flitetest.com/articles/H_Quad_Scratch_Build
Carbon Tricopter with KK2 mini because you have to own a Tri and Falcon Evo FPV (rebuild again) with fatshark 600mw vtx & pz2040 cam. New addition (hidden from the missus!) 250 quad.

Commando

Thanks i have seen this. I have seen Lot of videos to help me make mine :)

So today i make a smaller to reduce frame flexibility,
check it out http://moneymaker91.webnode.gr/q/photos/
It is Very stable! (But PID need customize   :cry :sweating:)
I made a mistake on Vibration Balls :whistling:, I should make the holes bigger and pass it through them. I make it tomorrow :D  :rolleyes:
also i will change the body make it wider. because it still a bit flexible when throttle.

Is the gap between propellers right?
I use 12x4.5 prop and the distance motor to motor is 40cm.  (motors
The gap between propellers is 10cm.

Should wide the distance of motors?
Thanks guys, Finally i got somewhere!!!

(I want to make a  FPV quad for discovery  :wack0  )

guest325

The best advice I can give you is until you understand how different configurations affect the flying characteristics is to base your design on a square box to position the motors, once you have got this right look at basing your design on a rectangle and learn what difference it makes; it';s really great fun learning - I use kk2 fc';s because they are cheap and easy to tune at the flying field; I';m looking to try an Acronaze soon to give smoother responses ans more add on facilities. Trial and error is the most interesting side of making flying machines - as you might guess I';m well and truly hooked! (I also design and build planes as well!!!).

Oakie

you may find it helpful to put a few holes down the main spar to lighten.

The gaps you have will work ok.

as long as the diagonal distance is the same all should be good. and some  tidying of the connections.

Coming along well commando!

Only when one looses sight of your toy does FPV become fun and against legislation already in place.

Commando

Hey  DarrellW thanks, sound really interesting but unfortunately i don';t have the time, i want to Catch up summer for FPV to my summerhouse   :evil
But sure i will try it after returning  ~~

Oakie thanks after you wrote i make a new one to make it more stable and i did some holes.

So take a look guys, my new frame.. Unfortunately has some mistakes i will tell you later on :

I know its very heavy  :tongue: but i really want to make it as stable as possible  :rolleyes:

https://plus.google.com/107888185657997082148/posts/Fp9L6rtAi3J

so the mistakes are:
https://plus.google.com/107888185657997082148/posts/UL6etEcCEco

The main spar is a bit to the left(or maybe right i dont remember) motor to spar 7.5cm and the other motor to spare is 8cm Is that effects a lot? Although the FC is Clear Centered!!!  :o

Some motor (maybe should blame the wood) are a bit angled like 1-4 degrees Is that effects the flight?  :hmm:

How difficult is to achieve this????  :banghead:  :frantic: http://youtu.be/T3htaJ53Z7E?t=1m12s 
Need hours config PID?  :cry

guest325

Quote from: Commando on Monday,August 04, 2014, 11:35:41

So take a look guys, my new frame.. Unfortunately has some mistakes i will tell you later on :
The main spar is a bit to the left(or maybe right i dont remember) motor to spar 7.5cm and the other motor to spare is 8cm Is that effects a lot? Although the FC is Clear Centered!!!  :o
Some motor (maybe should blame the wood) are a bit angled like 1-4 degrees Is that effects the flight?  :hmm:
How difficult is to achieve this????  :banghead:  :frantic:Need hours config PID?  :cry
Looks very nice and stable to me - well done!!!
It';s always better if things are symmetrical but to a point the FC will compensate, it just has more work to do - If I were you I would concentrate on flying it now and put any redesign work on hold until you know you are not going to make it work any better, then based on your findings look at any possible redesigns that will improve it. (there is always something that you find and wished you had thought about it earlier - ask me how I know ::) ).

Oakie

That';s coming along very well. Do keep looking at your multi-rotor, please never turn you back, concider your safty as the pilot, if you ';aint looking.......
Only when one looses sight of your toy does FPV become fun and against legislation already in place.