Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Monday,September 16, 2024, 10:38:59

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
12 May 2024 08:13:51
 I have some F1 Abusemark boards going spare,,,,,,,,,,,,,    ;)    :azn
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:12:29
And with oldskool parts  :D
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:11:57
I must be the only one doing tricopters right now  :laugh:
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:09:30
 :D
Gaza07:
11 May 2024 21:15:16
Domain has been renewed closure has been cancelled  :D
Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,477
  • Total Topics: 20,271
  • Online today: 10
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 21
Total: 21

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Hammer Miniquad

Started by philtrum, Monday,May 12, 2014, 20:57:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Pauluk

Quote from: Paulham on Wednesday,June 18, 2014, 18:19:26
Paul have you tried the altitude hold yet?
Also what have you used for mounting of the NAZE?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Im using the naze 32 acro,i thought only the full version had that?

As for mounting,i allways use double sided sticky pads,the 3m make.

They are made for sticking on car number plates,very strong,been using them for years on flight controllers never had one failure.

Hands0n

Well it took a little while but the Hammer is ready to maiden ...

[attach=1]
--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

xxpitt

nice and clean  :smiley: do you glue the fuel line to the spacer between the 2 top plates or is it just a tight fit?

Hands0n

Thank you Dave.  I have only used push-fit right now. It is quite a tight fit but I am also considering using cable tie to secure the tubing to the lower stanchions - leaving the top plate to friction fit.

Maiden done in the back garden. Going to load up on YouTube and post on here asap.

There was a slight permanent right yaw that I have dialled out on the TX trimmer. Will have to do something more permanent or it will affect the other models.  Oddly enough I saw exactly the same behaviour with the MHQ using the same kind of components.  Perhaps to do with the geometry of these little H Quads?

--
Danny

Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

guest325

Danny, if you adjust trims or subtrims on a particular model it should only affect that model. I usually do the adjustment on sub trim - just my preference.

Hands0n

Quote from: DarrellW on Thursday,June 19, 2014, 18:59:53
Danny, if you adjust trims or subtrims on a particular model it should only affect that model. I usually do the adjustment on sub trim - just my preference.

Thanks Darrell - I was using the trim buttons on the stick gimbals. Are you saying that is memorised on a per-model basis?  That';d be really cool if that is the case.  I';ve never had to use them before, not f';real.

Videos coming up in next post....
--
Danny

Hands0n

Here I have three short videos of the Hammer maiden flights.  The lad hit the wrong button on the smartphone which split the second video into two parts. 

During the first flight I noticed a slight yaw to the right so had to trim it out on the TX.   Otherwise it is remarkably stable and held its own in a slightly windy back garden. 

Tomorrow I will start transferring the FPV gear out of the 3D printed MHQ and into the Hammer.  Fit up the Mobius camera and take it out for a little sortie to see how it does fully loaded.

Maiden Flight

http://youtu.be/iA-5CWBqjt4

Second Flight (split)
http://youtu.be/jOUqzvamihE

http://youtu.be/ekHFO8y3tCE

--
Danny

Biffa

Quote from: Hands0n on Thursday,June 19, 2014, 19:16:27
Are you saying that is memorised on a per-model basis?

That is correct ~~
Steve

Hands0n

--
Danny

Jimbodiddly

Danny if you want a really snug fit with the fuel hose get some white ptfe tape to wrap around the thread of the standoffs or use clear heat shrink.

Jim

Hands0n

Awesome tip there Jim, thanks very much for that. I';ve got some of that tape in my toolbox ~~
--
Danny

Pauluk

First flight,decided to go for broke and put the fpv gear on as well.

Hard mounted the fpv camera and slapped a small piece of rubber underneath the mobius.

Hammer Mini Quad 240

I think i need to look at my video settings,after uploading to youtube the video allways
seems to look a bit jerky,the original is silky smooth.

Didnt go mad due to the amount of dog walkers around,despite the huge park and plenty of
space they allways seem to walk towards me  :laugh:

Hands0n

Well I';ve finally flown the Hammer f';real. Awesome on a stick. Simply awesome. 

I managed six furtive flights with the Hammer, exploring its capability a bit more each time. This flight I keep very close to me as I have not yet figured out what the range of my radio gear is with this aircraft (Spektrum DX8 and Orange R620 "full range" receiver).  I don';t have a failsafe configured so didn';t want to take any chances.

Each 1800mAh LiPo delivered just over 9 minutes flight. The 1500mAh gave around 7 minutes.  The time flashed by, it didn';t feel that long!

Here';s one of the videos with a few annotations. Its not particularly exciting but does show it in flight from on board.  The camera is a #16 keychain HD cam, not very good. I have a Mobius queued up to mount on to the Hammer, thats next on the list (after FailSafe).

http://youtu.be/jyBJ6e0NR9M

Weights
AUW - 577g (with Mobius, 1800mAh Zippy)
No Mobius - 530g
With Keychain Cam - 549g

--
Danny

philtrum

well i have to say im impressed, everyone has put their personal touch on the hammer quad, and they all seem to fly great, loving it :D

even better news is I have a few more winging their way here, so in a few days they will be in stock on the website again :D

Cheers
Phil
Many Thanks
Phil
[url="//www.makeitbuildit.co.uk"]www.makeitbuildit.co.uk[/url]

Marty McFly

:bravo:  great to see a forum member doing well,great design and a nice following of happy flyers,well done all,and the other thing looks like every one can confiqure it to there own liking,Marty and the borrowed doggie, :scotland:

Hands0n

Here';s the final build - this is it today, all dressed up and nowhere to go (until later, that is) ::)

[attach=1]
--
Danny

philtrum

Many Thanks
Phil

dockman

Few pics of mine.

Mounted my FC like the top deck  ::)

Made a small extension for the back of the top deck so I could use longer batteries.

Getting around 8min flights with a 1500mah 3s, rather pleased with that.

I fly stuff

Hands0n

Just a word of caution to those with the Naze32 Full version of the flight controller, that conventional wisdom says to cover up the Barometer with light blocking open cell foam (breathable).   This is becaus Barometers tend to be sensitive to light and propwash which may cause problems when flying in altitude hold mode.  The least risk is that the aircraft will not maintain the altitude and the worst is that it will either plunge into the ground or climb out of range!

I fabricated my own cover using a Barclaycard (expired of course ::) ).  Even if mounting inside a printed case it is as well to put light blocking foam over the Barometer chip.  Don';t do anything to block the two holes in the chip with anything that doesn';t breathe.

Before:
[attach=1]

After:
[attach=2]
--
Danny

philtrum

Quote from: Hands0n on Friday,June 20, 2014, 20:35:55
Just a word of caution to those with the Naze32 Full version of the flight controller, that conventional wisdom says to cover up the Barometer with light blocking open cell foam (breathable).   This is becaus Barometers tend to be sensitive to light and propwash which may cause problems when flying in altitude hold mode.  The least risk is that the aircraft will not maintain the altitude and the worst is that it will either plunge into the ground or climb out of range!

I fabricated my own cover using a Barclaycard (expired of course ::) ).  Even if mounting inside a printed case it is as well to put light blocking foam over the Barometer chip.  Don';t do anything to block the two holes in the chip with anything that doesn';t breathe.

Before:
[attach=1]

After:
[attach=2]

Im working on a "skeleton case" thats similar lol
great minds ;)

Phil
Many Thanks
Phil

Pauluk

Those builds are looking great guys,love this frame.

Im getting 7 minutes on a 1500 mah zippy.

Going to try a 2200 mah next,hope to get 10 minutes,that would be perfect.

she hovers at 45% throttle using the 5x4 props,so hopefully the extra battery weight wont be a problem.

Hands0n

Saturday';s scratch around at Jeskyn';s park, this time using the Mobius camera for the first time [ever].  I';m quite pleased with the results. It isn';t GoPro Hero, but is isn';t half bad and knocks the #16 HD Keychain camera into a cocked hat

Nothing too exciting, a bit more speed, trying for better accuracy using a clump of bushes for reference. Struggling with the wind a bit.

http://youtu.be/cn97E1hrU_U

--
Danny

guest325

Looking good Danny, looks like you';ve got your holiday hack sorted ::)
The mobius does look pretty damn good for what it costs!

Hands0n

Yes I think that I finally have Darrell. I';m going to have to work on the precision flying a bit. Altitude is all over the place right now :rofl: but it never feels out of control, locked in feel, which is nice.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

--
Danny

Pauluk

Had a nice flight this morning then at the end a crash.

Saturday Fpv Flying

This was battery number five,not sure what happened.

Ive had the same thing happen before on anther mini with different esc and a kk2.0 controller.

It seems like the power cuts and the motors start pulsing on and off,very strange.

Any ideas guys?

The only thing i can think of and what both frames had in common are the sunnysky motors,so maybe its
the simonk firmware i flashed the esc';s with,i used the latest release.

The only damage was 3 broken props   :laugh:

Ive put 30 batteries through this quad without any issues at all until now.

Shes up and flying again,but i dont trust it now,i think
i';ll strip it down and check all connections too.

xxpitt

i';ve had an xt60 fail on me in the past, when it was connected there was some kind of break in the circuit and applying preasure in a certain way would cut the power. maybe worth looking into

Pauluk

Quote from: xxpitt on Saturday,June 28, 2014, 09:39:02
i';ve had an xt60 fail on me in the past, when it was connected there was some kind of break in the circuit and applying preasure in a certain way would cut the power. maybe worth looking into

THanks never thought of that,i';ll replace it just in case.

Pauluk

Re-building mine,changed the xt60 connector and now using a frysky d4r-II instead of a cheap orange reciever.

The only thing remaining from the original mini now is the sunnysky motors,changed everything else.

Also made it so the battery will go underneath.

philtrum

Quote from: Pauluk on Sunday,June 29, 2014, 16:55:12
Re-building mine,changed the xt60 connector and now using a frysky d4r-II instead of a cheap orange reciever.

The only thing remaining from the original mini now is the sunnysky motors,changed everything else.

Also made it so the battery will go underneath.

looking nice mate, I';ve just reconfigured mine, had a play with the pids and got it flying nice :D

Many Thanks
Phil

kilby

Not much kit, but what I have I like
Armattan Tilt 2, Morphite 180, Quark 150, Decapitated NanoQX
Taranis+