Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,September 06, 2024, 18:38:31

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
12 May 2024 08:13:51
 I have some F1 Abusemark boards going spare,,,,,,,,,,,,,    ;)    :azn
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:12:29
And with oldskool parts  :D
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:11:57
I must be the only one doing tricopters right now  :laugh:
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:09:30
 :D
Gaza07:
11 May 2024 21:15:16
Domain has been renewed closure has been cancelled  :D
Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,476
  • Total Topics: 20,271
  • Online today: 21
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 13
Total: 13

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Hammer Miniquad

Started by philtrum, Monday,May 12, 2014, 20:57:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Hands0n

The Hammer arrived today. Gosh it is a thing of beauty.  ~~

Now to my problem  :help: I must resist trying to build it before my holiday at the end of June into July. The MHQ (3D printed) is assembled, ready to go, needs the Mobius mounted and FPV kit if I can fit it on (must have a chat with @mrmurder to see how he did his).   

But ... OMG! ... How to resist  :sweating: 

This compulsion ... errr I mean hobby sure is difficult. I reckon being a crack addict would be easier on the nerves.  :rofl: 
--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

james111

Mine also arrived today but sadly im not back from work till friday  :cry

benno

fighting the urge to spend more elsewhere...

Do you plan for the kit to come with the nylon stand off';s, with the bolts for the arms? (2 or 4 bolts per arm) and with the additional mobius mount and ball dampeners? (as pictured in the first post)

Like the idea of keeping the height of the main frame to a minimum (one stand off height), but I';d lose the fuel tubing dampening option hence mobius mount comes into play.

frame looks a quality and a real bargain in comparison to the competition on offer...

philtrum

Quote from: benno on Friday,June 13, 2014, 19:15:21
fighting the urge to spend more elsewhere...

Do you plan for the kit to come with the nylon stand off';s, with the bolts for the arms? (2 or 4 bolts per arm) and with the additional mobius mount and ball dampeners? (as pictured in the first post)

Like the idea of keeping the height of the main frame to a minimum (one stand off height), but I';d lose the fuel tubing dampening option hence mobius mount comes into play.

frame looks a quality and a real bargain in comparison to the competition on offer...

Hi Benno

kit comes with the nylon stand offs, screws, nuts, washers, bolts, spacers (two per arm is plenty, its solid at this and does not need the extra weight of the other bolts

you can mount it without the fuel tube, Ive not got it on mine, its got the plate for the mobius but i dont have the dambning balls at the moment

I will be listing them on the website this weekend, but if you want me to post you one tomorrow, drop me a pm and we can sort it out

frame cost is £45, if you';ve not got the power distro board, i would recommend it .. http://makeitbuildit.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=25_29&product_id=79

I have 4 more frames cut and ready to go, will have some more being cut shortly

Cheers
Phil
Many Thanks
Phil
[url="//www.makeitbuildit.co.uk"]www.makeitbuildit.co.uk[/url]

Jimbodiddly

Hi Phil, Whats the chances of it being cut in carbon in the near future ?

Jim

philtrum

Quote from: Jimbodiddly on Friday,June 13, 2014, 19:56:18
Hi Phil, Whats the chances of it being cut in carbon in the near future ?

Jim

hi Jim, I can get it cut in carbon now, the problem is likely to be the costs, Ill send it off for a quote this weekend
with it being  fpv for most people carbon whilst looking nice is not good for the video signal etc, so i;ve not rushed to get quotes on it in carbon as i dont think the market is there for it

however i am more than happy to be wrong

opening the doors .... grp or carbon ?

place you bets ..... now

:D
Phil
Many Thanks
Phil

philtrum

Flew the quad today for the first time

LOVE IT

ive got the plastic 5x3 hq props on it, i did not balance the props or the motors, only tweek to default settigns on naze was to remove all expo from the controler (my preference) and chance rc rate to 1 .... i also lowered the level pid from 11 to 7 as there was a little shimmy in level/horizon, and it feels very sweet ... infact i did also up the yaw rate a little to 0.4, but it could go a little higher to be honest

so ... did an 11 min flight with a zippy 1800 compact battery ... and had to but 1100ma back in
this was without the mobius

then i mounted the mobius, using some very thin foam tape (car number plate tape), and had another fly ...

small space, not much scenery, but im amazed at the video quality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MitosatrCa0&feature=youtu.be

I need to balance the quad a bit more, as with the mobius on and the battery all the way back its tail heavy, an fpv cam might be enough to bring it central again

mounted the battery underneath, feels even better in flight as im used to a bottom heavy quad rather than top heavy, mobius is staying where it is.

2nd video
http://youtu.be/vzCVN7FAUjo

Cheers
Phil
Many Thanks
Phil

Pauluk

Thats looking great,good footage,very impressive.

Hands0n

Amazing video quality there Phil. Super impressed at the total lack of jello that seems to plague so much. ~~
--
Danny

Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

philtrum

thanks, i cant wait to take it down the park and give it some space to have  fly about in ;)

Cheers
Phil
Many Thanks
Phil

kilby

It looks really good even from those short examples
Not much kit, but what I have I like
Armattan Tilt 2, Morphite 180, Quark 150, Decapitated NanoQX
Taranis+

brod

looks like a good solid simple frame,nice one ~~

benno

Phil - Once your happy with the hammer, and when you have the time would you be able to post your NAZE32 config / pids etc? (screenshots would be great)

I struggle with the tuning, get frustrated and confused to easily with it and am never really sure if I am making any progress.

A known set of settings would give me a good starting point.

already flying the Naze32 with default settings and it is great, but I am sure I could get more out of it.

Looking forward to the postie this week.

philtrum

Quote from: benno on Sunday,June 15, 2014, 15:15:19
Phil - Once your happy with the hammer, and when you have the time would you be able to post your NAZE32 config / pids etc? (screenshots would be great)

I struggle with the tuning, get frustrated and confused to easily with it and am never really sure if I am making any progress.

A known set of settings would give me a good starting point.

already flying the Naze32 with default settings and it is great, but I am sure I could get more out of it.

Looking forward to the postie this week.

Sure, for the moment, p for roll and pitch has been increased to 6, lowered stabilise from 11 to 6.5
I';ve added 0.6 on yaw rates to up the yaw speed

Ive also reduced the expo to 0, I find it makes it spongy and non linear so you dont alwasy get the same proportional response

as i tune it a bit more, ill add some more and some pics

Many Thanks
Phil

philtrum

Many Thanks
Phil

dockman

Finished putting mine together, must say I am very happy with it.  Flies great and is nice and quick, just needs some PID tuning.

Will upload a vid to the tube shortly of its first flight.
I fly stuff

Hands0n

Started the build this afternoon. Got quite a way to go. Substituted M3 20mm screws for the 25mm so they don';t protrude underneath. Also didn';t have a hex driver the size to for the head :smiley: So far so good. No problems encountered.

Question regarding the silicone tubing. Is it glued in place or just a friction fit?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

--
Danny

Hands0n

Progress piccy

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

--
Danny

dockman

I fly stuff

Hands0n

Nice one @dockman.  You appear to have a serious case of absolutely zero jello ::)   ~~ ~~

What mode is that flying in, or is it straight Acro?
--
Danny

dockman

Was in angle / self level.  Did a few more flights and used alt hold and horizon.
I fly stuff

Hands0n

Nice - I';ve been using Horizon mode mostly with the Naze32 - its a bit lively ::)
--
Danny

philtrum

looking good Dockman :D

what was the final weight ?

Cheers
Phil
Many Thanks
Phil

benno

Phil - Superb, stunning service, I wasn';t expecting the postie to surprised me this morning with the new Hammer frame (ordered Friday night).

thanks Phil

Pauluk

Do the outside holes that hold the top on fit with a kk 2.0 board?.

Nevermind i think im going to slap an acro naze on this one anyway,its time i stopped using the kk2.0  :laugh:

Pauluk

Just finished mine,flies pretty well,just upped the roll and pitch to 4.5,eveything else on stock settings on the naze 32.

Is there anyway to get a more responsive yaw using the naze?

Going to add fpv gear next,once i do a few test flights.

Setup :

4x sunnysky motors
4x hobbying blue esc 12 amp (simonk flashed)
Naze 32 acro
5x4 HQ props

Battery = 1500 mah 3s zippy compact 25c

Weight = 490g

Hands0n

Lovely looking build there Paul

You can up the Yaw rate in the Baseflight GUI. 
--
Danny

Paulham

Paul have you tried the altitude hold yet?
Also what have you used for mounting of the NAZE?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Pauluk

Quote from: Hands0n on Wednesday,June 18, 2014, 18:13:06
Lovely looking build there Paul

You can up the Yaw rate in the Baseflight GUI.

Thanks,

i';ll look into that,its way to slow on the defaults.

Hands0n

@teslahed has published is settings on another thread on this forum. He likes things a bit quick. If you can';t find them I think I have a link to the post at home so could try and find it when I get home later ~~

Holler if you need them.
--
Danny