Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Saturday,September 21, 2024, 15:13:00

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
12 May 2024 08:13:51
 I have some F1 Abusemark boards going spare,,,,,,,,,,,,,    ;)    :azn
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:12:29
And with oldskool parts  :D
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:11:57
I must be the only one doing tricopters right now  :laugh:
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:09:30
 :D
Gaza07:
11 May 2024 21:15:16
Domain has been renewed closure has been cancelled  :D
Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,478
  • Total Topics: 20,271
  • Online today: 26
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 22
Total: 22

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

my alien/reptile... NOW DISCO

Started by guest2350, Friday,March 14, 2014, 23:04:27

Previous topic - Next topic

guest2350

i thought I would add some pics of my almost finished alien quad. it now needs yet another flight controller which I have mentioned in another thread.
I have gone with:
Sunnysky x2212 980kv motors due to popularity
turnigy 10x4.5 props
turnigy plush 30a esc flashed with blheli
orange rx 7ch rx with failsafe
boscam 200mw tx with SP antenna
Mobius action cam for live fpv and record ( may go with dedicated fpv camera )
zippy 4000mah 3s battery
and a dead hk pilot which I am tamping with, any recommendations on a FC with GPS?. need RTH being a noob and all that.
here are some pics

Hands0n

A very nice build there.  Shame about the APM (I replied in your other thread). 

I fly one of those air frames also, it is my FPV rig, and in that I use a Naza M Lite which is the entry level Naza. You can get them down near the £100 mark these days with a bit of shopping around.  It makes for a very steady and stable aircraft that is a doddle to fly - which is what I';m after for FPV.  Also it is nowhere near as complex to set up as an APM 2.5/6.  So you';ll be up in the air sooner rather than later.

--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

Cloudbuster

Ditto on the naza lite !!! Great FC that is dead easy to setup and makes us all feel like flying aces !!!

Regards rob  :smiley:
life is too short to worry about what others think !!!

[url="//www.skynamite.co.uk"]www.Skynamite.co.uk[/url]

Biffa

+1 on the Naza  Lite for an easy out of the box solution. I was amazed at how easy it was to set up and how awesome it was in the air ~~

If only DJI made a mini version :hmm:
Steve

flybywire

i can strongly recommend a Naza FC, if you can stretch to the M (v2) it';ll give you some expansion options for the future, like osd, waypoints and also support for the H3-2D gimbal, which is ';the dog';s';.

Andy.
Blog: [url="http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff"]http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff[/url]
The spiritual home of fpv large
Keep it emax, capiche?
Hardware? sure, I got hardware!

Raf

Very similar spec to mine. Props, motors, battery, Mobius and I';m running APM. Only difference that I have custom cut top and bottom plate. Can not say anything about Dji Naza but I love my APM  ;)
[url="http://infinitefpv.com"]http://infinitefpv.com[/url]

guest2350

lol well ive had nothing but trouble with apm so far.
I think I will be going for pixhawk to be honest but might go with naza m lite if I cant stretch the funds!..
cheers, I`ll add some better pics later  :smiley:

Hands0n

Quote from: jamie16v on Monday,March 17, 2014, 15:23:54
lol well ive had nothing but trouble with apm so far.

Maybe try an APM 2.5/6 that hasn';t come from HobbyKing. They seem to have a bit of a history with complex FCs that have problems.  Their version of the Crius AIOP was dodgy in its first outing last year IIRC.   The APM is open source hardware, so cloning of the design is nothing illegal. But quality manufacturer is important.
--
Danny

Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

guest325

I would be very tempted to go for the Naze (full version) and add gps to it, it really does seem to be a very good fc!

Hands0n

I';ve got a Naze32 Fun Fly (full version) here - been playing with it on the table, not yet ready to build it into anything yet. I';d like to add one of my spare GPS to it. But I note that the Naze32 manual says that it is not to be used in DJI sized air frames.  It is not at all clear why not. I can';t see any reason why that would cause any problems.

The Naze32 is blisteringly fast, the accelerometers register instantly on the graphs, and the barometer is uncannily accurate, registering my correct height as I raised it off the floor!
--
Danny

Raf

Quote from: Hands0n on Monday,March 17, 2014, 15:59:48
Maybe try an APM 2.5/6 that hasn';t come from HobbyKing. They seem to have a bit of a history with complex FCs that have problems.  Their version of the Crius AIOP was dodgy in its first outing last year IIRC.   The APM is open source hardware, so cloning of the design is nothing illegal. But quality manufacturer is important.

+1 on non HobbyKing one
[url="http://infinitefpv.com"]http://infinitefpv.com[/url]

guest2350

thanks guys, I think I`m determined on either pixhawk or naza m lite now though. naza m light for my budget or pixhawk for the amount that can be done with it. where would be the best place to get another apm 2.5 if I did decide to go that route?.

Hands0n

Quote from: jamie16v on Wednesday,March 19, 2014, 14:50:33
where would be the best place to get another apm 2.5 if I did decide to go that route?.

So far, all of my APM 2.5 have come from eBay sellers!  But I have had good success with APM cables (the cloners always send the wrong cables) I have used BuildYourOwnDrone http://www.buildyourowndrone.co.uk/ArduPilot-Mega-s/36.htm for my APM and latterly got my Pixhawk from them.  Keep an eye on stock, it comes and goes quick but they';re really good.
--
Danny

guest2350

Quote from: Hands0n on Wednesday,March 19, 2014, 15:42:16
So far, all of my APM 2.5 have come from eBay sellers!  But I have had good success with APM cables (the cloners always send the wrong cables) I have used BuildYourOwnDrone http://www.buildyourowndrone.co.uk/ArduPilot-Mega-s/36.htm for my APM and latterly got my Pixhawk from them.  Keep an eye on stock, it comes and goes quick but they';re really good.
been on their website, that';s where I plan to buy my pixhawk if I get one. apm2.5 is a little pricey there though  :-/

guest2350

Quote from: DarrellW on Monday,March 17, 2014, 17:42:28
I would be very tempted to go for the Naze (full version) and add gps to it, it really does seem to be a very good fc!
might consider this, anyone got a link to the best place to buy  ::)

Hands0n

Quote from: jamie16v on Wednesday,March 19, 2014, 20:05:06
might consider this, anyone got a link to the best place to buy  ::)

Have a chat on here with @philtrum - he runs a webstore http://makeitbuildit.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=25_31&product_id=78 

Not sure about stock availability, but he should be able to advise.
--
Danny

guest2350

Well, the missus just bought me a pixhawk so I should be flying very soon  :cool:
I don';t want to push her down the stairs anymore  :laugh:

guest2350

WELL, I`m not having much fun with this at the moment. not only did my old apm die on me but it also took along my orangerx r710 with It  :angry: . this would have been ideal for using with the pixhawk as it was s.bus compatible.
I`m a bit skint now so cannot afford to spend any money on the quad for at least two weeks so, its back tucked away in the wardrobe until I can get another rx, probably going to be another r710 or I may get a spectrum satellite receiver if I can find one cheap enough.
rant over lol

Hands0n

--
Danny

guest2350

i know mate, just haven';t got that money to spare at the moment.  things are really tight  :embarrassed lol
I also figured that my current gps is not compatible lol need to get a 3dr gps/compass too. though I have found one on ebay that might work  :frantic:

guest2350

well I`m a little bit happier, instead of trying to bind my "other" rx through the pixhawk gui I did it manually by powering with an esc and bind plug. I then plugged it into the pixhawk and its responding  ::)
ive also found a gps/compass unit for about £20, if its compatible with apm2.6 it should be compatible with pixhawk right?.  :tongue:

Hands0n

Quote from: jamie16v on Monday,March 24, 2014, 20:13:27

ive also found a gps/compass unit for about £20, if its compatible with apm2.6 it should be compatible with pixhawk right?.  :tongue:

I would say so.  The Pixhawk I have bought was also supplied with a 3DR GPS/Compass that was originally sold for the APM 2.6. 

Congrats on getting your RX going ~~
--
Danny

guest2350

I did a little test hover today and it seems fairly stable out of the box. when I get my gps unit I`ll take it outside and do some autotuning and see how it goes, but overall very happy now!

guest2350

sold my other hobby yesterday which gave me a bit of cash to play with.
so I bought, open lrs 1w system, ardustation and a 3dr gps..  :laugh: you can see where this is going  ;D

Ground Engineer

Luv the 15mm pvc water pipe, might try that out myself ~~
Frames: Blackout Mini H V2, TBS Disco, TBS Caipirinha,Tarot Ironman 650, Q450, Tricopter D.W design.
FC's: Naze 32 GPS, Naza M Lite GPS, APM2.5 GPS, KK2.1, KK
FPV: Skyzone FPV Goggles, GoPro Hero 3+ Black, Sony Super HAD 600 TVL

guest2350

Quote from: Ground Engineer on Friday,April 04, 2014, 17:23:44
Luv the 15mm pvc water pipe, might try that out myself ~~
It';s 10mm mate ;) 15mm would be too chunky to fit into the inner arm holes :)

guest2350

Hands0n

Looking really nice ~~ I';m getting withdrawal symptoms. Should have at least brought the X4 out with me ::)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

--
Danny

guest2350

are you on hols or something then danny?

Hands0n

Yes I am. I';m in Las Vegas until Wednesday. :-) Missing all that great flying weather you';re all enjoying.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

--
Danny