Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Sunday,September 22, 2024, 09:48:49

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
12 May 2024 08:13:51
 I have some F1 Abusemark boards going spare,,,,,,,,,,,,,    ;)    :azn
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:12:29
And with oldskool parts  :D
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:11:57
I must be the only one doing tricopters right now  :laugh:
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:09:30
 :D
Gaza07:
11 May 2024 21:15:16
Domain has been renewed closure has been cancelled  :D
Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,478
  • Total Topics: 20,271
  • Online today: 16
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 18
Total: 18

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

It Flies - only 3 inches, but she flies!

Started by Opto-Mystic, Tuesday,March 11, 2014, 19:52:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Opto-Mystic

After my F450 decided to cut the motors at 30+ feet and glided vertically down to a hard landing on concrete (not it wasn';t a crash), I have rebuilt her as a 550 :smiley:

Many of you will remember the fantastic help I got from Gav who not only repaired the smashed GPS unit but also risked one of his craft to test it

It has taken some time but the 450 wannabe 550 is almost fully built. I am leaving off the H3-2D gimbal & GoPro for the first few flights until I am happy with the rebuild. She is a 550 now :smiley:

Today, after calibrating ESCs etc, I fitted the props and run the motors at ';tick-over'; on my desk for a few minutes while I monitored the ESC temperatures.

As I reached for the controller to switch off when, Oooops, I accidently pushed the throttle forward.... She lifted off the desk beautifully but I was able to grab it by the battery and hold her back on he desk before it got higher than a few inches! Phew - that was close... BUT SHE FLEW. The way it left the desk, bodes well for future flights...

However I seek a little more guidance please:
I have set the gains as per the Naza Assistant for a HEX-ROTOR V

Props: stock DJI 8 inch, battery 4S 5200mAh

Pitch: 170%
Roll: 170%
Yaw: 150%
Vertical: 140%
Attitude Gain: 170%
Attitude Roll: 170%

Are these reasonable start figures or what do you recommend?

Many thanks
Donald

Cloudbuster

Well done donald !!! Glad to see yuo are nearly airworthy again... As for the gains, looks good enough to me although for your more gentle flying i might lower them down to 150% on the pitch and roll 120% on yaw altitude and attitude gains at 150% ... For filming the yaw will be the one you may have to fiddle with until you get a nice smooth pivot !!! All the best for your maiden..

Regards rob  :smiley:
life is too short to worry about what others think !!!

[url="//www.skynamite.co.uk"]www.Skynamite.co.uk[/url]

Opto-Mystic

Thanks for that, Rob.

That is just the info I was after. Even with the 450, I hadn';t ';fiddled'; with the gains from the settings from Naza Assistant. I have yet to learn the finesse of the gains.

It has taken some time for me to get her rebuilt due to all manner of other domestics & 2 weeks down the swanny with severe food poisoning/pneumonia  :angry: Now we are away for a few days & my beloved wifey has decided that I shouldn';t take my ';Lego'; (as she calls it).

But bit by bit, the 550 is getting there but no way am I risking the gimbal & camera until she has a full airworthy certificate from me!

I still have a minor repair to do to the VTX - the antenna socket was ripped off. Instead of plugging in the antenna directly onto the PCB (which is a mechanically weak design anyway), I will make the antenna have its own mounting and feed the rf via coax cable. That means the the vtx can be placed in one location and the antenna at the most convenient spot!
Donald