Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,September 20, 2024, 20:24:39

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
12 May 2024 08:13:51
 I have some F1 Abusemark boards going spare,,,,,,,,,,,,,    ;)    :azn
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:12:29
And with oldskool parts  :D
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:11:57
I must be the only one doing tricopters right now  :laugh:
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:09:30
 :D
Gaza07:
11 May 2024 21:15:16
Domain has been renewed closure has been cancelled  :D
Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,478
  • Total Topics: 20,271
  • Online today: 36
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 20
Total: 20

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Naza M V2 Sensor info

Started by Opto-Mystic, Wednesday,February 26, 2014, 12:23:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Opto-Mystic

Although, I have seen a few instances where the builder didn';t realise it was essential to orientate the Naza-M front to back, I feel that most folk know that/

On the F450, I used the pointer printed on the top of the unit to align to the line of flight. I had drawn centre lines on my bottom plate. I was extremely careful to point the Naza in the correct way and dead centre of the bottom plate...WRONG!

Since may crash, I am inspecting everything for damage. I have just, very carefully, taken the covers of the Naza M unit. All seems to be OK, not dry/fractured joints that I could see. However, I noted the the sensor is mounted off centre, on two foam rubber* cushioning pads.

because I am now hyper-sensitive to making any mistake and now realise that it is NOT the centre of the craft that the sensor should be located, but the centre of gravity.

Further inspection of the Naza M, The tiny chevron printed on the case is off set and actually is indicating the centre of the sensor, not the centre of the case.

I have done a couple of images emphasising the location of the centre of the sensor, not the centre of the box, and correct orientation - I hope it helps to clarify things for new comers like me...

[attachimg=1]

Donald

flybywire

Thanks for the info Donald, I';m not sure if it is essential to take this line literally (as oposed to just centering the case per-se), but I agree about sticking to theoretical guidelines, just in case.

I won';t be moving mine anytime soon tho!!  ::)
Blog: [url="http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff"]http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff[/url]
The spiritual home of fpv large
Keep it emax, capiche?
Hardware? sure, I got hardware!

Madfish

I doubt it is so critical as you think, after all, it is highly unlikely that the controller can be physically positioned at the true center of gravity of most craft, since it would likely be at a point between or below or half way through mounting plates taking into account the complex distribution of mass of the craft.

Also the Naza instructions simply state:
"The arrow should point to the nose direction of aircraft. The MC is best positioned near the aircraft 's center of gravity"  :smiley:
Hubsan X4
HJ Alien quad APM 2.6
Tarot F690/Naza M V2

Opto-Mystic

Quote from: Madfish on Wednesday,February 26, 2014, 23:22:09
I doubt it is so critical as you think, after all, it is highly unlikely that the controller can be physically positioned at the true center of gravity of most craft, since it would likely be at a point between or below or half way through mounting plates taking into account the complex distribution of mass of the craft.

Also the Naza instructions simply state:
"The arrow should point to the nose direction of aircraft. The MC is best positioned near the aircraft 's center of gravity"  :smiley:

I agree, Madfish. There must be some measure of latitude. However, I have recently had a very expensive ';hard landing'; that I cannot fully explain and now rebuilding the quad into a hex. During the rebuild, I am investigating & questioning everything. Perhaps over doing it in trying to be precise.

Naza Assistant states ';Mount the MC as close to CG as possible';. Because I intend to do the build in 3 separate stages where the CG will shift, I want to be able to shift the MC at each stage.
Stage 1: basic machine Maza-m v2 & repaired GPS. Get her flying well. Attend to learning more on gains etc.
Stage 2: Add H3-2D & Gopro, VTX, OSD, GAV Skew antenna
Stage 3 add my home brew retractable legs...
Donald