Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,September 20, 2024, 08:06:22

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
12 May 2024 08:13:51
 I have some F1 Abusemark boards going spare,,,,,,,,,,,,,    ;)    :azn
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:12:29
And with oldskool parts  :D
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:11:57
I must be the only one doing tricopters right now  :laugh:
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:09:30
 :D
Gaza07:
11 May 2024 21:15:16
Domain has been renewed closure has been cancelled  :D
Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,478
  • Total Topics: 20,271
  • Online today: 36
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 18
Total: 19

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Acro Naze 32 flight controllers available

Started by philtrum, Thursday,February 20, 2014, 19:40:26

Previous topic - Next topic

teslahed

The Naze32';s fly very well on default PIDs. You don';t have to use the defaults though. They are very tunable. Here';s mine;

http://youtu.be/Cxsfv6lYU_E
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

philtrum

Many Thanks
Phil
[url="//www.makeitbuildit.co.uk"]www.makeitbuildit.co.uk[/url]

Biffa

Quote from: philtrum on Friday,April 25, 2014, 20:01:13
Hi

Acro Naze flight controllers in stock again :D

http://makeitbuildit.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=73

Cheers
Phil

After backing out last time and sticking with the KK, I have just hit the button, I can';t hold off any longer ~~
Steve

Soul

You won';t regret it mate - I love my Naze Acro :)

Biffa

Quote from: Soul on Friday,April 25, 2014, 22:06:46
You won';t regret it mate - I love my Naze Acro :)

I';m sure you';re right. I love the KK for it';s simplicity but I need to try something else ~~
Steve

Hands0n

I';';ve only played with the Naze32 on the bench - the speed of response by the Giro and Acc is astonishingly fast - and the Baro seems to be accurate to within CMs  :o  I held it head height and it reported accurately.
--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

Soul

Yeah I';m tempted to upgrade to the full Naze32 now. Can you hook up a GPS? If so can you do any waypoint planning somehow? There';s nothing in Baseflight to do it. Or do you just get simple RTH etc?

Hands0n

Quote from: Soul on Saturday,April 26, 2014, 10:26:10
Yeah I';m tempted to upgrade to the full Naze32 now. Can you hook up a GPS? If so can you do any waypoint planning somehow? There';s nothing in Baseflight to do it. Or do you just get simple RTH etc?

Yes you can hook up a GPS. 

Right now Baseflight supports GPS_Hold and GPS_Home (RTL) modes.  There is no auto-mission waypoint flying as far as I know (I could be wrong).  But given the power of the Naze32 ARM processor there is little doubt in my mind that kind of feature will come along - unless the developer (Timecop?) decides it is not to be so. But then there may be forks of Baseflight that would go that route ...

--
Danny

Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

Soul

Thanks mate. TBH I';d be happy with just those for now - be nice to have the fallback to those when things get hairy. Most of the time I';d be in Horizon...

Soul

Is there a specific GPS unit you need to buy for it?

Hands0n

I would always recommend the CN06-v2 as they';ve never, ever, let me down - and they can be had really cheap on eBay if you';re prepared to wait for the slow boat from China.  I ended up buying three for the cost of a single one in the UK!  Shop around EBay and you';ll find something to suit.

GPS all use serial data - typically their connector is 5v, TX, RX, Gnd - you have to remember to swap over the TX/RX with the FC - so TX on the FC goes to RX on the GPS (it makes sense when you think about it!).  Power is tapped off the Naze32 also. 

You should also get yourself a USB-Serial for a few quid to allow you to hook the GPS up to the uCentre app (download from uBlox website) so you can tweak the GPS settings, most importantly the serial speed to match the Naze32.  I use 38400 (bits per second) which is nice and fast, without being so quick that data errors creep in [they shouldn';t but can at faster speeds].

--
Danny

UKHeliBob

I have just ordered the full NAZE 32 from Phil and I am on the lookout for a GPS unit to use with it.  Reading this thread I see that CN06-v2 based GPS units are recommended.  Can anyone suggest a trusted source in the UK or abroad.  I can find many on Ebay but frankly I don';t know what to look out for.

I found this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CRIUS-CN-06-V2-U-blox-GPS-module-Ceramic-antenna-fr-APM-Arducopter-Mutliwii-/121155805319?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item1c3572e087 from Hong Kong and I am prepared to wait for delivery, but does it look reasonable ?

teslahed

That looks fine but this is the more recent version and cheaper;

http://www.rctimer.com/product_984.html

Soul

Do you get some sort of enclosure to put it in?

xeostar

Quote from: philtrum on Friday,April 25, 2014, 20:01:13
Hi

Acro Naze flight controllers in stock again :D

http://makeitbuildit.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=73

Cheers
Phil

Hi Phil,

I was a bit too slow off the mark and went to buy this evening but they';ve all gone, do you know when you might have some more?

Thanks

Pete

Hands0n

Quote from: Soul on Wednesday,April 30, 2014, 00:04:34
Do you get some sort of enclosure to put it in?

Nope.  None of these bare board FCs come with cases. There are printable ones, and they can be had also ...
--
Danny

philtrum

Quote from: xeostar on Wednesday,April 30, 2014, 20:46:04
Hi Phil,

I was a bit too slow off the mark and went to buy this evening but they';ve all gone, do you know when you might have some more?

Thanks

Pete

new stock is winging its way from the supplier now on an express shipment mate, should be early next week when it gets here

Cheers
Phil
Many Thanks
Phil
[url="//www.makeitbuildit.co.uk"]www.makeitbuildit.co.uk[/url]

Biffa

Mine arrives today Phil ~~

The only thing I have seen smaller is the address label you stuck on the jiffy bag ~~
Steve

xeostar

Quote from: philtrum on Wednesday,April 30, 2014, 22:19:55
new stock is winging its way from the supplier now on an express shipment mate, should be early next week when it gets here

Cheers
Phil

Brill thanks. In that case and all being well, I';ll pop on to your site next week and get one bought

Pete

mrmurder1975

ill be keeping an eye on your website phil, but can you let us know in here as well please as im after a acro naze. you can bet i will miss em all! :rolleyes:
How high can it go?    High!
How far can it go?      Far!
How fast can it go?     Fast!
Can i have a go?        NO!!

UKHeliBob

Quote from: Dougal1957 on Thursday,May 01, 2014, 16:18:03
And if you want one quickly see  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CRIUS-CN-06-V3-U-blox-GPS-module-Ceramic-antenna-fr-APM-Arducopter-Mutliwii-/321221181082 £22.90 from uk inc postage.

Doug
Thanks Doug but I already have one on the way to me.

The Naze has arrived from Phil and the soldering iron is just warming up on the gas stove so I should be in for some fun soon, although my wife has plans for the weekend unfortunately.

Trev2971

Quote from: mrmurder1975 on Thursday,May 01, 2014, 11:32:58
ill be keeping an eye on your website phil, but can you let us know in here as well please as im after a acro naze. you can bet i will miss em all! :rolleyes:

if you send Phil a deposit Im sure he will hold one for you ( that what I did) ... it worked

:)

jusr need time to use them now  :cry
TBS Discovery v1 Naza FC / 3d print gimbal
TBS Discovery NazeAcro £100 Special
Alien 500 clone Multiwii
Flamewheel
TBS Discovery Naze32 full
Tbs Discovery aq500pro fc
RCX mini naze acro
Blackout Mini naze acro
HK550 scratch mini nazeacro
building a carbon tri
Hubsan X4 H107L (2)
Hubsan 107D and 10

andythilo

Hi

Can you add GPS to the acro Naze or just the full naze?

If its just the full naze can you put my name down for one please Phil?

Cheers

Andy

UKHeliBob

The Naze 32 is now hooked up to the receiver and the ECSs and motors.  It arms OK from one of the AUX channel switches but I can';t get it to arm from the sticks.  The only change that I have made from the default setup at the moment is to enable MOTOR_STOP

This has the feel of a problem caused by the values at the extremes of control not being low or high enough.
I have bumped up the travel adjust on the Tx (DX6i) to 125% both ways on throttle and rudder and the min/max values shown in the receiver tab of Baseflight are 1002 to 1890 for throttle and 974 to 1868 for yaw.

What do the Throttle Settings on the Initial Setup tab do ?  Currently they are set to 1150 (Minimum) and 1850 (Maximum)

The answer is no doubt simple but I can';t see what it might be.

Anyone got any ideas ?

teslahed

Channel limits on multiwii are 1000 to 2000. If your rudder channel only goes from 1000 to 1868 you wont be able to use it to arm as you need to be above 1900 for that I';d expect.

What do your channels centre on?

Biffa

Quote from: teslahed on Friday,May 02, 2014, 20:00:20
Channel limits on multiwii are 1000 to 2000. If your rudder channel only goes from 1000 to 1868 you wont be able to use it to arm as you need to be above 1900 for that I';d expect.

Mine wouldn';t arm either until I upped the end points.
Steve

UKHeliBob

Quote from: teslahed on Friday,May 02, 2014, 20:00:20

The channels all centre on 1500, give or take a few points.
Changing the Travel Adjust on the transmitter from 100% to 125% seems to make little or no difference to the end values shown in the Receiver tab, which surprises me.

There is mention of endpoints needing to be upped.  Does this refer to a transmitter setting or a Naze setting ?  What do the various max and min settings (minthrottle, maxthrottle, mincommand, maxcheck, mincheck) do ?

UKHeliBob

There is a suggestion in this thread http://www.multi-rotor.co.uk/index.php?topic=7454.msg62321#msg62321 that there are settings in the CLI that can change the required endpoints, but no details yet.

In the meantime I have managed to get stick arming working on the bench (dining room table) by interposing an Arduino between the receiver and Naze to stretch the servo control pulses a little, but I would rather not complicate things by using this method if possible.

UKHeliBob

I have found the parameters to change the endpoint values required to use stick arming.
mincheck and maxcheck, when adjusted to be in the range that the Tx/Rx combination outputs, allows stick arming to be enabled.