Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,September 20, 2024, 10:37:37

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
12 May 2024 08:13:51
 I have some F1 Abusemark boards going spare,,,,,,,,,,,,,    ;)    :azn
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:12:29
And with oldskool parts  :D
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:11:57
I must be the only one doing tricopters right now  :laugh:
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:09:30
 :D
Gaza07:
11 May 2024 21:15:16
Domain has been renewed closure has been cancelled  :D
Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,478
  • Total Topics: 20,271
  • Online today: 36
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 24
Total: 26

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Acro Naze 32 flight controllers available

Started by philtrum, Thursday,February 20, 2014, 19:40:26

Previous topic - Next topic

barneyg

If I';m reading them right unless you are soldering to the gpio and i2c pads on the back of the board the only 3.3 bit is the GPS tx/rx pins.  The basic header pin stuff is just the same as any MultiWii board ... plug it in the wrong way round and you are going to release the magic smoke.

teslahed

Unless you are messing about with low voltage GPS devices or spektrum satellites there shouldn';t be anything that runs from 3.3 volts anyway, so you can just avoid using those pads and you wont have a problem.

All the 3.3 volt stuff is broken out to pads rather than pins so you shouldn';t be able to accidentally plug stuff in - you';d need to solder to the pads to use them.
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

barneyg

Pins soldered on and I think I';ve set up a build chain correctly but it is producing a hex file that is bigger than the one in github.

Hands0n

Are you compiling the code yourself? The Chrome add in GUI will download and install the latest FC software for you in a single shot.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

barneyg

Quote from: Hands0n on Saturday,April 05, 2014, 05:45:02
Are you compiling the code yourself? The Chrome add in GUI will download and install the latest FC software for you in a single shot.

yeah I know that ... but if I can';t compile it I can';t hack it to do what I want and I';m limited to the releases that Timecop makes.  Besides where is the fun in just plug in, configure and go ?
::)

teslahed

I would suggest getting it flying with the latest stable release (downloaded via chrome) before messing about with compiling your own version.

Having said that i haven';t got a clue where I';d even start if i wanted to mess about with the actual code on the Naze 32. Unlike regular multiwii which is built around the arduino platfom which makes this sort of thing as easy as it';s ever going to be the Naze 32 uses proper 32 bit software and hardware.

Here';s the official Naze32 thread; http://www.multiwii.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2387&start=1820

Here';s the software developers Naze 32 thread for people that like messing about with code; http://www.multiwii.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2387&start=1820

Most of the stuff you could do my editing the code on regular multiwii you can now do via the command line interface on the Naze 32. This means you don';t need to recompile and reupload new code every time you change a few settings like turning the GPS on or altering the motor mixing etc.
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

barneyg

I don';t disagree but after only 5 mins of looking I can see that I';ll be modifying the Telemetry code since it doesn';t send Satellite count and it only sends telemtry data when it is armed.

But wow ... frsky inverter and up to 6S battery monitor built in ... loving this.
and for those thinking about how you connect it all up you might like this :
[attach=1]

philtrum

sold out of full naze controllers, got some acro left, just placed a new order, should be here in about a week

Cheers
Phil
Many Thanks
Phil
[url="//www.makeitbuildit.co.uk"]www.makeitbuildit.co.uk[/url]

Trev2971

Quote from: philtrum on Saturday,April 05, 2014, 15:48:05
sold out of full naze controllers, got some acro left, just placed a new order, should be here in about a week

Cheers
Phil

Mine came today nice one Phil  ~~
TBS Discovery v1 Naza FC / 3d print gimbal
TBS Discovery NazeAcro £100 Special
Alien 500 clone Multiwii
Flamewheel
TBS Discovery Naze32 full
Tbs Discovery aq500pro fc
RCX mini naze acro
Blackout Mini naze acro
HK550 scratch mini nazeacro
building a carbon tri
Hubsan X4 H107L (2)
Hubsan 107D and 10

Hands0n

Thank you for the connection diagram @barneyg, that is extremely useful.

As to having the code, it is definitely not for those not into coding. I';m not sure how open Timecop is to his code receiving collaborative input. From all I read of him he does seem to lack number of interpersonal skills ::)  I work with a large number of professional developers and haven';t seen any quite so challenged. But all credit to the dude for getting the hardware and software out there in the first place. It is a superb bit of engineering.

--
Danny

Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

JT

Well I';ve soldered on my headers, updated firmware, configured it for PPM(never used that before), configured for GPS, put in my usual multiwii PIDs and even sussed out my magnetic declination(-0.7 for my house, I hope).  I just need to solder some extension cables on my GPS antenna and shove it all on the H quad to see if it works! Just got to wait for the kids to go to bed before firing up the soldering iron..... :crossfingers:

Oh and windows 7 doesn';t seem keen on the drivers for the usb, so I';ve had to break out my old vista laptop.... :shrug:

Hands0n

I';ve got it working with Windows 7. You may have a driver conflict. I had to replace one. They';re is something on the RCGroup forum that points to a utility for sorting out the conflict.

--
Danny

philtrum

Same here, windows 7, not a prob, had it working on windows 8 too, until i reloaded windows 7

Cheers
Phil
Many Thanks
Phil

JT

Well at least the vista laptop has got itself out of the cupboard! lol. I';ll look into the driver conflict later. You don';t have a link to that thread do you Danny?

Hands0n

Here you go ::) I found an old text message that I';d sent to my lad. Zadig is what you need.

I';m abroad right now, but I think in the Naze manual there is a web link and words on what to look for when using Zadig.

Useful Windows USB Driver utility. Bookmark. It just saved my bacon: http://zadig.akeo.ie/

--
Danny

JT

Gps works!!!  The signal strength meters show nothing but I have a lock on 8 satellites,  which isn';t bad for my garden (were I am sitting now like some kind of idiot on the lawn with my h quad and a laptop.....)

Doug

Quote from: JT on Saturday,April 05, 2014, 21:46:17
Gps works!!!  The signal strength meters show nothing but I have a lock on 8 satellites,  which isn';t bad for my garden (were I am sitting now like some kind of idiot on the lawn with my h quad and a laptop.....)

Which GPS are you using I have a FC on its way from Phil and just need to look for a GPS for it. do you think this would do http://hobbycomponents.com/index.php/gps-module-apm2-5-neo-6m-with-eeprom-and-active-antenna.html?

JT

Mine is just a cheap Chinese one that came with my original 450 from goodluckbuy. It is a ublox 6, so yes that sort of thing but I would look for one that comes in one piece for convenience. 

Doug

Quote from: JT on Sunday,April 06, 2014, 10:18:47
Mine is just a cheap Chinese one that came with my original 450 from goodluckbuy. It is a ublox 6, so yes that sort of thing but I would look for one that comes in one piece for convenience.

Thanks for that but with it being separate antenna I can extend the cable and put it up on a mount similar to the NAZA';s

philtrum

im just looking at gps myself to do this, i would not extend the aerial cable, not sure what it would do to the signal stength, best thing to do is mount the whole gps up on a stick mount

will let you know which one im going for

Cheers
Phil
Many Thanks
Phil

JT

Quote from: Dougal1957 on Sunday,April 06, 2014, 10:22:16
Thanks for that but with it being separate antenna I can extend the cable and put it up on a mount similar to the NAZA';s

As Phil says I would have thought buying a one piece one and shoving the whole thing on a mount would be the way to go(they are not heavy)

Doug

Quote from: philtrum on Sunday,April 06, 2014, 10:52:25
im just looking at gps myself to do this, i would not extend the aerial cable, not sure what it would do to the signal stength, best thing to do is mount the whole gps up on a stick mount

will let you know which one im going for

Cheers
Phil

Yeah see what you mean  what do you think of this one may be worth a punt  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/APM-Flight-Controller-Ublox-NEO-6M-High-Precision-GPS-Module-Built-in-Compass-l-/251494023873?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Other&hash=item3a8e3642c1 complete with arm and case

Hands0n

Quote from: Dougal1957 on Sunday,April 06, 2014, 11:34:10
Yeah see what you mean  what do you think of this one may be worth a punt  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/APM-Flight-Controller-Ublox-NEO-6M-High-Precision-GPS-Module-Built-in-Compass-l-/251494023873?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Other&hash=item3a8e3642c1 complete with arm and case

That GPS is overkill as it has a Mag (compass) also. Of course you can just not wire up the compass and use the GPS wires. But you should be able to find cheaper with GPS only.

--
Danny

philtrum

2 more full naze32 controllers available now on the site

Cheers
Phil
Many Thanks
Phil

Ground Engineer

Quote from: philtrum on Sunday,February 23, 2014, 18:23:38

Hi Justin

refund issued mate, hope we can do business on another occasion, thanks for letting me know so quick

Cheers
Phil
Hi Phil, if Justins board is still going I will take it. Im gonna use one for my next build (Black Out mini H)

Cheers

Rob.
Frames: Blackout Mini H V2, TBS Disco, TBS Caipirinha,Tarot Ironman 650, Q450, Tricopter D.W design.
FC's: Naze 32 GPS, Naza M Lite GPS, APM2.5 GPS, KK2.1, KK
FPV: Skyzone FPV Goggles, GoPro Hero 3+ Black, Sony Super HAD 600 TVL

philtrum

Quote from: Ground Engineer on Monday,April 07, 2014, 16:30:43
Hi Phil, if Justins board is still going I will take it. Im gonna use one for my next build (Black Out mini H)

Cheers

Rob.

Hi Rob, that board was sold, however there are both across and full naze32 instock on my website, but only 1 of each ATM, I have more on order though

WWW.makeitbuildit.Co.uk
Many Thanks
Phil

Ground Engineer

Quote from: philtrum on Monday,April 07, 2014, 17:34:13
Hi Rob, that board was sold, however there are both across and full naze32 instock on my website, but only 1 of each ATM, I have more on order though

WWW.makeitbuildit.Co.uk
Ive just bought the full Naze with soldering service.  I have a spare Ublox LEA-6S-0-001 GPS would this be ok to use with the NAze 32 or do you need to use a specific GPS.

Cheers

Rob
Frames: Blackout Mini H V2, TBS Disco, TBS Caipirinha,Tarot Ironman 650, Q450, Tricopter D.W design.
FC's: Naze 32 GPS, Naza M Lite GPS, APM2.5 GPS, KK2.1, KK
FPV: Skyzone FPV Goggles, GoPro Hero 3+ Black, Sony Super HAD 600 TVL

Hands0n

That GPS will go just fine. You only need to wire up the 5v power.  Also the TX/RX (don';t forget to cross them over).

--
Danny

philtrum

Quote from: Ground Engineer on Monday,April 07, 2014, 19:08:27
Ive just bought the full Naze with soldering service.  I have a spare Ublox LEA-6S-0-001 GPS would this be ok to use with the NAze 32 or do you need to use a specific GPS.

Cheers

Rob

Thanks for the order, I';ll solder it tonight for you and get it in 1st class post tomorrow

that gps should work fine, as Handson says

Cheers
Phil
Many Thanks
Phil

philtrum

Acro and Full Naze back in stock for those who want one

Cheers
Phil
Many Thanks
Phil