Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,September 20, 2024, 10:27:19

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
12 May 2024 08:13:51
 I have some F1 Abusemark boards going spare,,,,,,,,,,,,,    ;)    :azn
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:12:29
And with oldskool parts  :D
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:11:57
I must be the only one doing tricopters right now  :laugh:
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:09:30
 :D
Gaza07:
11 May 2024 21:15:16
Domain has been renewed closure has been cancelled  :D
Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,478
  • Total Topics: 20,271
  • Online today: 36
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 11
Total: 12

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Acro Naze 32 flight controllers available

Started by philtrum, Thursday,February 20, 2014, 19:40:26

Previous topic - Next topic

flybywire

Looks like a capable FC board.  From Chris';s video, it looks quite aerobatic, those banks looked fairly steep to me.
What';s the deal with them, do they have flight modes?  How are they programmed/updated?

Andy
Blog: [url="http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff"]http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff[/url]
The spiritual home of fpv large
Keep it emax, capiche?
Hardware? sure, I got hardware!

dp106

Can you put me on the list for a full one please  :smiley:

barneyg

Quote from: flybywire on Friday,March 21, 2014, 12:02:42
Looks like a capable FC board.  From Chris';s video, it looks quite aerobatic, those banks looked fairly steep to me.
What';s the deal with them, do they have flight modes?  How are they programmed/updated?

Andy

It is essentially MultiWii ported to a 32 bit platform ... obviously it is a separate fork so some stuff is different but you can either use a Chrome app to configure or the MultiWii gui and you use a terminal program called Putty to do some things too that you would have to recompile MW to change ... like going from Quad + to Quad X etc.

barneyg

And just to double post ...
Phil put me down for a Full one too please  ;D

philtrum

there is a google app you can used called baseflight, it makes config really easy

underneath the covers they are running a version of multiwii, there are 3 main flight modes -

manual - no auto level
angle - auto level
horizon - a hybrid of the two - auto level at mid stick, manual at full stick movement

you can enable the compass and gps on any of these modes its a very configurable controller

I have to say I';ve flown multiwii, naze32, apm, naza lite and out of all of them I prefer multwii for the direct feel you get, very controllable, very stable, if I wanted a "nail it to the sky" button, Id go naza with gps though

hope that helps
Cheers
Phil
Many Thanks
Phil
[url="//www.makeitbuildit.co.uk"]www.makeitbuildit.co.uk[/url]

flybywire

Quote from: barneyg on Friday,March 21, 2014, 12:16:21
It is essentially MultiWii ported to a 32 bit platform ... obviously it is a separate fork so some stuff is different but you can either use a Chrome app to configure or the MultiWii gui and you use a terminal program called Putty to do some things too that you would have to recompile MW to change ... like going from Quad + to Quad X etc.

Ah, Yes, the Multiwii is another board on my horizon, as I';ve seen much good on t'; interweb with them. 
BTW I use putty occasionally to terminal onto switches hereabouts for firmware updates etc.
Blog: [url="http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff"]http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff[/url]
Keep it emax, capiche?

flybywire

Quote from: philtrum on Friday,March 21, 2014, 12:18:50
there is a google app you can used called baseflight, it makes config really easy

underneath the covers they are running a version of multiwii, there are 3 main flight modes -

manual - no auto level
angle - auto level
horizon - a hybrid of the two - auto level at mid stick, manual at full stick movement

you can enable the compass and gps on any of these modes its a very configurable controller

I have to say I';ve flown multiwii, naze32, apm, naza lite and out of all of them I prefer multwii for the direct feel you get, very controllable, very stable, if I wanted a "nail it to the sky" button, Id go naza with gps though

hope that helps
Cheers
Phil

That';s helpful info Phil, thanks.  Yes, I may have a go at something slightly aerobatic in future, so would you recommend the Full Naze over the Multiwii?
Keep it emax, capiche?

philtrum

Quote from: flybywire on Friday,March 21, 2014, 12:33:45
That';s helpful info Phil, thanks.  Yes, I may have a go at something slightly aerobatic in future, so would you recommend the Full Naze over the Multiwii?

without a shadow of a doubt, and not just for aerobatics, i like to fly about using it, not just flips and tricks, they have a direct connected feel, like your actually flying it rather than controlling a controller thats flying it, less intrusive but just as stable
if that makes any sense lol
Many Thanks
Phil

flybywire

Quote from: philtrum on Friday,March 21, 2014, 13:03:58
without a shadow of a doubt, and not just for aerobatics, i like to fly about using it, not just flips and tricks, they have a direct connected feel, like your actually flying it rather than controlling a controller thats flying it, less intrusive but just as stable
if that makes any sense lol

Perfect sense, thank you.  I must admit, it';s nice to have some sure fire  recommendations for open source stuff.
Keep it emax, capiche?

Hands0n

Andy, I flew MultiWii before coming to APM and Naza.  It was a great flight OS to use, the flight controller was pretty good also - you can see some of my early stuff on my YT channel.

I';ve only played with the Naze32 (Full) on my table top and the first reaction I had was "Wow! Thats a bit quick, and accurate".  The sensors and the greater power of the 32-bit ARM processor are evident. It reacts lightning fast to my hand movements which is probably why it flies so well in 3D space.   I';m no Acro pilot, but do like the thought of such a capable Flight Controller on my multis.  I';m just waiting for some "stuff" to arrive and I';ll be building the Naze32 into an aircraft.

Intentions are to add GPS and get it doing all of its capable modes.
--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

flybywire

Quote from: Hands0n on Friday,March 21, 2014, 14:20:57
Andy, I flew MultiWii before coming to APM and Naza.  It was a great flight OS to use, the flight controller was pretty good also - you can see some of my early stuff on my YT channel.

I';ve only played with the Naze32 (Full) on my table top and the first reaction I had was "Wow! Thats a bit quick, and accurate".  The sensors and the greater power of the 32-bit ARM processor are evident. It reacts lightning fast to my hand movements which is probably why it flies so well in 3D space.   I';m no Acro pilot, but do like the thought of such a capable Flight Controller on my multis.  I';m just waiting for some "stuff" to arrive and I';ll be building the Naze32 into an aircraft.

Intentions are to add GPS and get it doing all of its capable modes.

Superb!  Yes, I';ve been watching the multiwii FC';s for some time now, and haven';t really heard a bad word about them that I can think of.  I guess these things are gonna get more sophisticated as time rolls on, suppose it';s just the reliability of the firmware that goes onto them that can be a bit dubious?
Keep it emax, capiche?

Hands0n

This was the state of the art with MultiWii Pro (HK board) and last year';s version of MultiWii code (I can';t recall it).  It was very capable on an 8-bit controller. So the ARM-based Naze32 is going to be stonking ...

http://youtu.be/CJm7yb5mMjo

Oh yea, and before anyone else says .. yes, I do appear to fly in the wind an awful lot! Curses. Blighty. Curses :rofl:
--
Danny

Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

flybywire

Can';t avoid it here mate, just have to get used to it, as the golf pro';s say ';don';t hit it harder into wind, just better';!
Keep it emax, capiche?

philtrum

Pre-orders so far

BarneyG - Full
DP106 - Full
Trev2971 - Full
FlyingMarty - Full +solder +case
Atomiclama - Acro

I will be ordering later today, if want to reserve one, please let me know asap, I will of course be ordering a few spares ;)

Cheers
Phil
Many Thanks
Phil

philtrum

Order Placed, should be here in approx a week
Phil
Many Thanks
Phil

philtrum

Well customs have just hit me with a nice bill, so that means they are in the uk and fingers crossed will get delivered to me tomorrow

I will update when i have them in my hand

Cheers
Phil
Many Thanks
Phil

philtrum

picked up the delivery today, will be listing as back in stock on the website tonight once i packaged the pre-orders

:D

Cheers
Phil
Many Thanks
Phil

Pauluk

i';ll be looking to purchase another next week,if you have any left,probably an acro this time for my other 250 mini,these things fly so smoothly,i';ll probably be swapping out all the kk2.0 boards i have for these

philtrum

they are now listed on the site :D

youe right, I was flying my new h quad design and its soooo solid on a naze32

Im seriously thinking about getting a gps to try on it

Cheers
Phil
Many Thanks
Phil

JT

There';s one less listed now........ :smiley:

I just killed my crius i2c board for GS so I figured I needed to do something and then I saw this thread.... :laugh:   I';m going to try and hook up my ublox GPS to it.

Get it posted Phil, I';m all excited and everything!

Pauluk

Purchased one now,just incase they are all gone by next week  ;)

philtrum

Quote from: Pauluk on Wednesday,April 02, 2014, 19:33:18
Purchased one now,just incase they are all gone by next week  ;)

At this rate i';ll have none by tomorrow lol

I';ll get them prepped tonight and sent tomorrow for everyone who has paid

Cheers
Phil
Many Thanks
Phil

Pauluk

Thanks Phil,

Mine has just arrived,looking good.

Paul

JT

Mine has arrived!! Great service, thanks Phil,I do like a quick delivery ::)
Not played with it yet but I may have a tinker tonight if I can stay awake enough to weild the soldering iron :laugh:

barneyg

got mine too ... at first I thought  someone had sent me some header pins and I was wondering when exactly I';d ordered them ... then I spotted the controller board tucked in the corner ... OMG this thing is TINY.   ::)

Hands0n

LOL, it is a bit tiny. I';m knocked sideways at how very responsive the ACC';s and Gyros are running it on USB on the table. The Baro seems incredibly accurate, matching my own height when raised of the table. Can';t wait to fit it into something soon

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

--
Danny

barneyg

The wife is going to get an early night tonight so I';m going to get a chance to play with its setup and solder in the pins "soon".

The question then becomes do I strip the Crius out of my 450 or wait and build something new

Hands0n

Are you using the Base flight add-on for Chrome? It makes for real simplicity. Don';t forget to update the Naze32 software to latest.

When I get back I';ve go to start working on getting a GPS hooked up. It';ll be a CN-06v2

--
Danny

barneyg

Yeah I';ve got that GPS too ... Chrome extension indeed ... Will need to set up the build environment too, I';ve been too busy so far this week

Hands0n

Reading the Naze manual is a bit scary in places. Got to remember, some of the I/O is 3v with warnings of instant FC burnout of you get anything wrong!

--
Danny