Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,September 20, 2024, 00:48:07

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
12 May 2024 08:13:51
 I have some F1 Abusemark boards going spare,,,,,,,,,,,,,    ;)    :azn
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:12:29
And with oldskool parts  :D
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:11:57
I must be the only one doing tricopters right now  :laugh:
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:09:30
 :D
Gaza07:
11 May 2024 21:15:16
Domain has been renewed closure has been cancelled  :D
Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,478
  • Total Topics: 20,271
  • Online today: 34
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 14
Total: 14

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

ESC extension wires

Started by robshaw, Wednesday,February 05, 2014, 20:55:50

Previous topic - Next topic

robshaw

Have just begun building my kk2.1 equipped talon tricopter and have come to a stop already as my ESC wires are a bit too short to run neatly through the carbon tubes.

On my travels around eBay etc I';m sure I';ve seen extension wires but can';t for the life of me find them again. Can anybody point me in the direction please?

I';ve only got a handful of banana plugs left and next to no wire left so thought it might be just as cheap to buy some pre made ones.
Tunrnigy Talon Tri, TBS Discovery, TBS Discovery PRO, Spnky 250 Mini, EZUHF, EZOSD

e.chipev

robshaw

No,  the silicone motor to ESC power cables with the 3.5mm bullet connectors....
Tunrnigy Talon Tri, TBS Discovery, TBS Discovery PRO, Spnky 250 Mini, EZUHF, EZOSD

e.chipev

Quote from: robshaw on Wednesday,February 05, 2014, 21:39:38
No,  the silicone motor to ESC power cables with the 3.5mm bullet connectors....

I have plenty of 3.5mm bullet connectors and some silicone cable... what cable you need and how long?

XH558

I never bother bullet connecting extension cables - I just solder on 3 lengths of silicone wire and heatshrink the join - then bullet connect the extensions to the motor wires.

Or if it';s the power leads - same thing - but no bullets - just solder the extensions straight to a power distribution board.

The less bullets the better IMHO  :rolleyes: :azn

You can never have enough silicone wire ... buy loads in different thicknesses - believe me you';ll use it  :laugh:
David :)
[url="//www.mh434.com"]www.mh434.com[/url]
[url="//www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/"]www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/[/url]

Hands0n

Quote from: XH558 on Wednesday,February 05, 2014, 23:26:57
You can never have enough silicone wire ... buy loads in different thicknesses - believe me you';ll use it  :laugh:

+1 that.  I tend to re-purchase several meters of the stuff when I get down to my last meter. Its always a weekend night that I need a length of the stuff urgently!  :o
--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

Chippercheese

Might be an idea to solder new longer cables onto your escs with bullets on the end. I had a hell of a job trying to fit extra bullet connectors into the tube on my talon frame (made extension cables with bullets at each end to go between esc and motor cables).
TBS Discovery + ghetto printed gimbal, HovershipMHQ 1 & 2, QAV250, Turnigy Talon V2, chinese Alien500 thingie, 3d Printed Tricopter, Bix 3, [url="//flyingwings.co.uk"]Flyingwings.co.uk[/url] FalconEVO, Venturi EVO 1+2, Hornet Racing Wing, Radjet800 (by the dozen)... Permanent sucker for FPV, and lots and lots of OpenLR

Biffa

Quote from: XH558 on Wednesday,February 05, 2014, 23:26:57
The less bullets the better IMHO  :rolleyes: :azn

+1 I have no bullet connections on my FPV rig ~~

If I am flying something small or cheapo like my foamys then I don';t worry, but something with a lot of cash investment, the least chance of failure the better.

I made the ';loom'; to fit exactly in the frame, and all completely soldered up before fitting.

Steve

Hands0n

Thats a bit bang tidy.  ~~ From here on in I';m sending you all of my looming requirements  :laugh: :laugh:
--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

robshaw

That is a nice loom. Haha. Well thanks for all you input guys. Done some measuring up and have got just enough 16awg silicone wire to extend all my cables just enough without the use of extra bullets. Have just finished arm number 1 of 3. Need to check motor directions before I re heat shrink the ESCs.  I';m guessing simply plugging into rx throttle with some power to ESC should suffice for this. Or should i get the KK2 up and running first?

Biffa

Steve

robshaw

Now that';s better. Pre-heat shrinking. Will be a bit longer to change a motor or ESC but much neater.