Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Tuesday,September 24, 2024, 11:29:34

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
12 May 2024 08:13:51
 I have some F1 Abusemark boards going spare,,,,,,,,,,,,,    ;)    :azn
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:12:29
And with oldskool parts  :D
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:11:57
I must be the only one doing tricopters right now  :laugh:
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:09:30
 :D
Gaza07:
11 May 2024 21:15:16
Domain has been renewed closure has been cancelled  :D
Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,478
  • Total Topics: 20,271
  • Online today: 14
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 28
Total: 29

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Survey: The average age of a multirotor'ist !!!

Started by bunnygirl80, Friday,January 24, 2014, 10:45:48

Previous topic - Next topic

quadfather

Turning 30 this year. For the 14th time...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tappertock 4

-rw-rw-rw-  –  The Number of the Beast

kilby

50 for me and I only started flying anything remotely controllable last year, on the fringes (helping friends) when younger but loathe the sound of a 2 stroke engines.

My wife is convinced that I';m still an 11 year old emulating an 80 year old
Not much kit, but what I have I like
Armattan Tilt 2, Morphite 180, Quark 150, Decapitated NanoQX
Taranis+

johnth

I';m 68 been flying on and off for 60 years. Given up all other flying just fly multis now great fun and you go home with them in one piece  :rolleyes:
So looking at the posts on here your original age estimates are way out, also look at all the heli  world champions especially 3D there';s no way you fly like that at 50 let alone 60!!
Tarot FY680,TMotor 2814/770 Tarot 13x5.5 carbon props dji30 amp/sc,2x5000ma 3S Turnigy lipos, Naza v1GPS updated,DJIIosdmini,5.8GHz 600ma 32ch AV T/X HKing brushless  gimbal Sony nex5N

Cloudbuster

Mmmm 50 here and new to RC only experience is multi rotors... Spent a bloomin fortune so far and lovin it !!!

Regards rob  :smiley:
life is too short to worry about what others think !!!

[url="//www.skynamite.co.uk"]www.Skynamite.co.uk[/url]

simon

Brilliant thread. ::)
Started 30 yrs ago with a tamiya buggy. After a midlife crisis 4 yrs ago started bike motocross  enduro racing picked my first trophies last weekend. 6 mths of flying multi rotor and midlife crisis in full swing now at 39 yrs young. Cannot wait for life to start at 40 no idea what I';ll start then! Lol
BNUC-S Pilot, with PFAW

nub

Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

richardg6paj

I';m 61, god, where did all the years go! My generation had the best music. And we actually appreciate how brilliant technology is today!
My first computer was a Sinclair ZX81, then to an Acorn Atom leading to Acorn BBC A, BBC B, Atari 512, Atari 1024, Amiga. My first PC was an Amstrad 640 which was able to run a nice windows type program called GEM. Then an Amstrad 386 running the first version of windows with a huge 20mb. HD.
During this period I passed my Amateur Radio Exam and have steadily built up all the gadgets I have today.
Yes, at 61 I love my gadgets, multi rotors are new gadgets to me and I like. I like a lot.
To all the youngsters out there, don';t take technology for granted, you don';t realise how lucky you are, I';m sure!

Richard

Matt101

Quote from: richardg6paj on Friday,January 24, 2014, 23:41:51
I';m 61, god, where did all the years go! My generation had the best music. And we actually appreciate how brilliant technology is today!
My first computer was a Sinclair ZX81, then to an Acorn Atom leading to Acorn BBC A, BBC B, Atari 512, Atari 1024, Amiga. My first PC was an Amstrad 640 which was able to run a nice windows type program called GEM. Then an Amstrad 386 running the first version of windows with a huge 20mb. HD.
During this period I passed my Amateur Radio Exam and have steadily built up all the gadgets I have today.
Yes, at 61 I love my gadgets, multi rotors are new gadgets to me and I like. I like a lot.
To all the youngsters out there, don';t take technology for granted, you don';t realise how lucky you are, I';m sure!

Richard

Found a record of your first meet Richard!!   :laugh:

http://www.fuelsoaked.me.uk/history/1960searlyRC.html

I had a read of that ';it was powered by a small diesel';!!!! DIESEL!!!!!! :o

John A

Hmmmm, at 54 I would like to see where I sit on the bell-curve. Just going to shut down the CAD system and totter off to make my warm cocoa...... :pccoffee:  :laugh:

FragglePete

42 and newbie to all things RC last year.  Finding it a great diversion from working in IT.

Pete

firey1

47 but a foreigner  :rofl:

into rc last 4 years

5 planes
6 helis
2 quads
MIKE

550 RC Spider quad for FPV
550 Alien quad (my sons now)
F450 quad
450 size bell 212, MD500,Augusta 109
600 size Huey running apm 2.5  3 planes  Taranis and 9xr  radios Skyzone FPV goggles

teslahed

Quote from: nub on Friday,January 24, 2014, 22:35:32
hmmm 42 i think.

If you do have to think about it for a bit too long, this website will tell you exactly how old you are!

http://www.mathcats.com/explore/agecalculator.html

You are 31 years old . . .

or 377 months old
     or 1638 weeks old
     or 11469 days old
     or 275256 hours old
     or 16515383 minutes old
     or 990923008 seconds old

Alternatively;

http://www.deathclock.com/

For those that prefer to count down instead of up :laugh:
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

richardg6paj

Quote from: Matt101 on Saturday,January 25, 2014, 00:09:18
Found a record of your first meet Richard!!   :laugh:

http://www.fuelsoaked.me.uk/history/1960searlyRC.html

I had a read of that ';it was powered by a small diesel';!!!! DIESEL!!!!!! :o
No Matt, nothing to do with me I was only 8 in 1960. I live in North Lincolnshire, always have.  :smiley:

Richard

Opto-Mystic

Quote from: teslahed on Saturday,January 25, 2014, 08:25:03

Alternatively;

http://www.deathclock.com/

For those that prefer to count down instead of up :laugh:

It says I am time expired - Bummer, I was looking forward to adding the VTX to my quad later on....
Donald

Hands0n

Quote from: Opto-Mystic on Saturday,January 25, 2014, 10:16:31
It says I am time expired - Bummer, I was looking forward to adding the VTX to my quad later on....

Running on fumes ... I think a few of us feel like that at times ::)  :rofl: :rofl:
--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

bunnygirl80

Quote from: Hands0n on Friday,January 24, 2014, 11:11:21
Hey Stef, I reckon I';m going to mess up your stats a teensy bit ::)

I am 59-1/2 and only came to proper RC flying in 2013, and then only through multi-rotors. Repeated, failed experiences with £29 helicopters put me off the whole idea.  I could never afford RC (or fly by wire) back in the day when I were in the younger demographic.

That said ... I am told that I fit into the category "... young at heart, hip, kewl and always have some smart electronic geeky gadget to impress everyone!".

Love it Danny. My averages were quite good until you put your figure in! ROFL.  :laugh: :rofl: just kidding
Always smile because you never know who could be falling in love with it. :) Drone Operator in North Wales. [url="//www.aerialworx.co.uk"]www.aerialworx.co.uk[/url]

teslahed

Quote from: Hands0n on Saturday,January 25, 2014, 10:20:44
Running on fumes ... I think a few of us feel like that at times ::)  :rofl: :rofl:

lol - i wouldn';t take the death clock too seriously. At best it can only tell you the odds, whereas in real life you can take your own chances if you are careful.

Though there';s no explaining my step-grandad. He smoked until he was 60 like a chimney and was a relatively high functioning alcoholic to the day he died at 92 having been massively overweight most of his adult life. Wish i had those genes... :cry
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

Opto-Mystic

Quote from: teslahed on Saturday,January 25, 2014, 12:13:20
lol - i wouldn';t take the death clock too seriously.

Thank goodness for that, I was starting to think I was a figment of my imagination! :waiting:

I guess I can get on and finish adding the video downlink now....   ~~

Thank you for bringing me back from the brink!  :beer2:
Donald

XH558

According to the clock thing ...I died 2 weeks ago  :rolleyes: :azn
David :)
[url="//www.mh434.com"]www.mh434.com[/url]
[url="//www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/"]www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/[/url]

guest325

Quote from: XH558 on Saturday,January 25, 2014, 16:27:24
According to the clock thing ...I died 2 weeks ago  :rolleyes: :azn
I seem to be one of the lucky ones, it';s giving me another 10 years! Best get on with making and flying more toys then - it soon goes :-(

bunnygirl80

Hi guys,

Well, the survey is now complete and I';m glad to see it added a little bit of age fun to our otherwise gloomy rainy days!  ~~

Okay, we had 43 people respond to the survey. So, this is 2.5% of our 1700 members. Not ideal, but the best I think I could have hoped for at short notice!

The best answer of all was AGE = 74.5 ! LOL. Funny!  :rofl:

I was pleasantly surprised to find that i was just below the average age of the average multirotorist!  ::)

THE RESULTS

THE AVERAGE AGE OF THE MULTIROTORIST IS 43.

THE MULTIROTOR CAPITAL OF THE UK, IS A TIE BETWEEN LANCASHIRE AND KENT, WITH SECOND PRIZE TO STRATHCLYDE.

Thanks again,

Stef
Always smile because you never know who could be falling in love with it. :) Drone Operator in North Wales. [url="//www.aerialworx.co.uk"]www.aerialworx.co.uk[/url]

Hands0n

Woo hoo ... Go Kent  :cool: ~~  :bounce:    :bravo:

Nice idea there Stef - I certainly enjoyed reading the responses above, and pleased to see that I am a just a whippersnapper of a lad in these hallowed halls.   :rofl:
--
Danny

Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

XH558

Quote from: bunnygirl80 on Monday,January 27, 2014, 08:59:18
Hi guys,

Well, the survey is now complete and I';m glad to see it added a little bit of age fun to our otherwise gloomy rainy days!  ~~

Okay, we had 43 people respond to the survey. So, this is 2.5% of our 1700 members. Not ideal, but the best I think I could have hoped for at short notice!

The best answer of all was AGE = 74.5 ! LOL. Funny!  :rofl:

I was pleasantly surprised to find that i was just below the average age of the average multirotorist!  ::)

THE RESULTS

THE AVERAGE AGE OF THE MULTIROTORIST IS 43.

THE MULTIROTOR CAPITAL OF THE UK, IS A TIE BETWEEN LANCASHIRE AND KENT, WITH SECOND PRIZE TO STRATHCLYDE.

Thanks again,

Stef

So, young lady - just revisiting your first post in the thread  :rolleyes: :azn

Quote from: bunnygirl80 on Friday,January 24, 2014, 10:45:48
Hi guys,

Quite often I get asked "What is the average age of a multirotorists?".

I think most folk that fly RC planes and helicopters are of the older generation lets say! In their early 60s or perhaps older, usually not so kewl, walk around muddy fields in wellies and always carry a hip flask! Sorry, no offense meant if you fall into this category!  :smiley:

I think MR';ists are around late 20';s to early 30';s, if not then always young at heart, hip, kewl and always have some smart electronic geeky gadget to impress everyone! Or is this just a misconception of mine!  :laugh:

Are we prepared to acknowledge a ';misconception of mine'; as being a good 15 to 20 years under the actual demonstrated average and that us 60 year olds are holding our own as kewl & hip MR';ists ... without wellies and hip flasks  :cool: :cool:
[url="//www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/"]www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/[/url]

mutley2

I';m just a little over the average at 47yrs, been flying fixed wing since my dad made one for me when I was 5yrs old and not looked back since. Lovin FPV flying of all types...

bunnygirl80

Quote from: XH558 on Monday,January 27, 2014, 15:11:51
So, young lady - just revisiting your first post in the thread  :rolleyes: :azn

Are we prepared to acknowledge a ';misconception of mine'; as being a good 15 to 20 years under the actual demonstrated average and that us 60 year olds are holding our own as kewl & hip MR';ists ... without wellies and hip flasks  :cool: :cool:

Lol. Yes I was wrong. I hold my hand up. I genuinely thought the average age would have been around the 30s. I guess all you ole uns can still call yourselves young and hip. Lol. 8)

orfordness

DJI Mavic Pro
Tarot 680 Pro Hex
450 (Flamewheel clone) x 4
Hubsan X4
CS022 Mini Quad

XH558

Quote from: orfordness on Saturday,February 01, 2014, 13:09:41
More like young and hip replaced!!!
Speak for yourself  :rolleyes: I';ve still got both my originals... lower back is shot  - but still 2 good hips  :azn

Hands0n

No one has mentioned the whiff of pee .... yet.  Oops  :o  I just did  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
--
Danny