Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Tuesday,September 24, 2024, 11:23:32

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
12 May 2024 08:13:51
 I have some F1 Abusemark boards going spare,,,,,,,,,,,,,    ;)    :azn
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:12:29
And with oldskool parts  :D
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:11:57
I must be the only one doing tricopters right now  :laugh:
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:09:30
 :D
Gaza07:
11 May 2024 21:15:16
Domain has been renewed closure has been cancelled  :D
Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,478
  • Total Topics: 20,271
  • Online today: 14
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 29
Total: 30

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Survey: The average age of a multirotor'ist !!!

Started by bunnygirl80, Friday,January 24, 2014, 10:45:48

Previous topic - Next topic

bunnygirl80

Hi guys,

Quite often I get asked "What is the average age of a multirotorists?".

I think most folk that fly RC planes and helicopters are of the older generation lets say! In their early 60s or perhaps older, usually not so kewl, walk around muddy fields in wellies and always carry a hip flask! Sorry, no offense meant if you fall into this category!  :smiley:

I think MR';ists are around late 20';s to early 30';s, if not then always young at heart, hip, kewl and always have some smart electronic geeky gadget to impress everyone! Or is this just a misconception of mine!  :laugh:

It would be great if you could find the time to complete this mini survey. I';ll keep you posted of the result.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/3WM67FH
Always smile because you never know who could be falling in love with it. :) Drone Operator in North Wales. [url="//www.aerialworx.co.uk"]www.aerialworx.co.uk[/url]

DJImk2

Well I';m 33 but have been flying rc aircraft since I was 8! Only been into helis since last October and FPV/Multirotors for about 2 weeks!

Hands0n

Hey Stef, I reckon I';m going to mess up your stats a teensy bit ::)

I am 59-1/2 and only came to proper RC flying in 2013, and then only through multi-rotors. Repeated, failed experiences with £29 helicopters put me off the whole idea.  I could never afford RC (or fly by wire) back in the day when I were in the younger demographic.

That said ... I am told that I fit into the category "... young at heart, hip, kewl and always have some smart electronic geeky gadget to impress everyone!".   

--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

Soul

35 as well :)

My brother-in-law who got me into this is 23 (I think).

strachg

[url="//www.fpvscotland.co.uk"]www.fpvscotland.co.uk[/url]

flybywire

Quote from: bunnygirl80 on Friday,January 24, 2014, 10:45:48
Hi guys,

Quite often I get asked "What is the average age of a multirotorists?".

I think most folk that fly RC planes and helicopters are of the older generation lets say! In their early 60s or perhaps older, usually not so kewl, walk around muddy fields in wellies and always carry a hip flask! Sorry, no offense meant if you fall into this category!  :smiley:

I think MR';ists are around late 20';s to early 30';s, if not then always young at heart, hip, kewl and always have some smart electronic geeky gadget to impress everyone! Or is this just a misconception of mine!  :laugh:

It would be great if you could find the time to complete this mini survey. I';ll keep you posted of the result.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/3WM67FH

I think you';re right about the plank flyers & muddy fields Stef!, but I';m 52 and fly mostly multi';s.
N.B: You';d need to speak to my 16 yr old daughter to ascertain the ';kool-ness'; tho!  Suffice to say I can use buzzwords & find my way around Candy-Crush like a good-un

Ok, I lied about Candy Crush, but I do know what it is!!

Andy
Blog: [url="http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff"]http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff[/url]
The spiritual home of fpv large
Keep it emax, capiche?
Hardware? sure, I got hardware!

orfordness

48, done most things RC since Tamiya introduced the XR311 to the UK in the 80';s
DJI Mavic Pro
Tarot 680 Pro Hex
450 (Flamewheel clone) x 4
Hubsan X4
CS022 Mini Quad

Matt101

Opto-Mystic

Bloomin'; younsters, the lot of ya... Ya still wet behind the ears -  As we used to say in the RAF back in 1959, Get ya dobe mark dry!

I get my free TV licence this year  :smiley: had a new hip last year having a great time ...

I am only 74.5  :beer2:  :popcorn: :beer2:

I bet that bumps the average age up a bit  :laugh:
Donald

realpastaman

Quote from: Opto-Mystic on Friday,January 24, 2014, 13:20:01
Bloomin'; younsters, the lot of ya... Ya still wet behind the ears -  As we used to say in the RAF back in 1959, Get ya dobe mark dry!

I get my free TV licence this year  :smiley: had a new hip last year having a great time ...

I am only 74.5  :beer2:  :popcorn: :beer2:

I bet that bumps the average age up a bit  :laugh:

I started with a one valve tx :) the same as this

http://www.rcmf.co.uk/4um/index.php?PHPSESSID=6muskhd2ko8j5rm33on0o1rb54&action=dlattach;topic=67157.0;attach=98707;image

guest325

I';m 62 been flying Helis Planes Gliders and Multis for the past 3 years, took it up as a hobby to retire into, having the best fun I';ve had for many years!

Hands0n

--
Danny

Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

MOFO64

Naza V1 | 1040mm Quadcopter | 4x360kv | 4x 1565s | Zippy 5000mah 3S 30c | Hitec Optic Sport 6
My-Fly4 | 660mm M2M Quadcopter | 4x850kv | 4x1045s | Zippy 5000mah 3S 30c | Hitec Optic Sport 6

2.3m Global-hawk EDF UAV | Zippy 2200mah 4S 40c | Hitec Optic Sport 6

Rafter

Well I';ll b****r up the averages ';cause I';m 69 this year (not ';til the end though!!).
Yes I know it';s hard to believe Steph....

Can I just ask a favour?  Could people who are posting, please type slowly because I cant read very fast !

Peter
PS.

sagaboy65

I';m with Rafter, I';m 68 this year, though not till September, mind!

Is it me or are coppers getting smaller and doctors younger?

pete-c

Hi

I am 71 and have been flying multicopters for 2 years. I prefer building my own, especially tricopters. The last time i flew models was control line when i was 13.This should push your average age up.

Pete
DIY H Quadcopter with mobius camera  DJI F550 hexacopterwith naza V2 and Firefly camera
DIY Tricopter with kk2.1.5 board
DJI 450 with APM 2.8 and Mobius camera

billmac

Am 57  and my two mates are both in there sixties ;) we all fly multis / fix wing / helis been flying since 82

Col_M

I';m 32 going on 12, still have toys, they';re just getting bigger ::)
TBS Discovery : DRQ-250 : Q450 : Blade mQX

Hands0n

Hmmm, I can see multi-rotor.co.uk having a Saga section  :rofl:   Which I do believe I';ll qualify for at the end of July this year.
--
Danny

teslahed

31 - going on for 16 or 61, depending on who you ask and at what time of day :laugh:

But i think it';s good to have a mixture of ages on the forum. We';ve got some really talented youngsters as well as older people who have clearly developed some very impressive knowledge and skills over the years.

It gives me hope for my own future to see that other people don';t necessarily get boring just because they get older.
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

Chippercheese

TBS Discovery + ghetto printed gimbal, HovershipMHQ 1 & 2, QAV250, Turnigy Talon V2, chinese Alien500 thingie, 3d Printed Tricopter, Bix 3, [url="//flyingwings.co.uk"]Flyingwings.co.uk[/url] FalconEVO, Venturi EVO 1+2, Hornet Racing Wing, Radjet800 (by the dozen)... Permanent sucker for FPV, and lots and lots of OpenLR

fruitsalad

16...........lol      44 this year
been flying planes since 89 got into multis in the last couple of years..
dont grow up,just buy bigger toys!!!!

Gav

37 and been flying multis 3 years or so. Love the mix of electronics mechanics and flying.
Picked up rc heli flying 6 yrs ago but multi';s have taken over.  Had a MFA Sport 500 when I was 13, got it hovering then sold it for a commadore Amiga500 lol
Never really been keen on plank flying but did have had a short spell with a parkzone styker

F.P.V. Aaron

30 but still think I';m 17 as most male';s do!lol   :laugh:

XH558

61 .... don';t own any wellies - hate muddy fields - don';t own a hip flask - and kewl (sic) as a cucumber   :cool:

I think young Stef is going to be mighty surprised at the outcome of this survey ... by my reckoning the declared answers so far on this thread average 50 ish ... and that';s without Stef';s age which she tactfully forgot to declare .. and no Stef you are not 21  :evil

Plenty of oldies here ... wisdom abounds and like others on here have been in the hobby of flying models a long long time .... In my case since 1961 (53 years) so I guess that';s before many on this forum (including young Stef ) were even born .... so multirotors are just the current extension (and distraction) of a lifelong hobby  ::) ::)
David :)
[url="//www.mh434.com"]www.mh434.com[/url]
[url="//www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/"]www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/[/url]

Flyinegypt

Steph, being outside the UK I don';t fit the demographic for your survey.
However, just for the hell of it, I will be 68 in a couple of months. Fixed wing RC since the late 70';s but other forms of aeromodelling since the mid 50';s!

Started Multirotor flying about a year ago principally for aerial photography.

Balders

Growing old is mandatory...Growing up is optional

FPV Guru
BNUC-S qualified
[url="//sbaps.co.uk"]Sbaps.co.uk[/url]