Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Sunday,September 29, 2024, 08:35:14

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
12 May 2024 08:13:51
 I have some F1 Abusemark boards going spare,,,,,,,,,,,,,    ;)    :azn
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:12:29
And with oldskool parts  :D
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:11:57
I must be the only one doing tricopters right now  :laugh:
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:09:30
 :D
Gaza07:
11 May 2024 21:15:16
Domain has been renewed closure has been cancelled  :D
Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,478
  • Total Topics: 20,271
  • Online today: 23
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 15
Total: 15

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

General Layout advice please

Started by Opto-Mystic, Wednesday,January 22, 2014, 15:10:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Opto-Mystic

I have had a belated Christmas present of an ImmersionRC 5.8g 600mw VTX [*see below], and EzOSD. I wish to install them on my F450.

Static tests between the camera & VTX and the Uno5800 VRX & Display monitor, prove satisfactory. (Taking video feed to the VTX from the Zenmuse gimbal control unit)

I already have the Naza-M V2, Maza PMU, GPS dome, Futaba R2008SB 2.5g RX,  Zenmuse H2-2D gimbal controller, Gimbal , Gopro, then a 5200 S4 battery to drive it all.

Looking at the present layout, there doesn';t seem a heck of a lot of ';convenient'; space to mount the VTX and EzOSD.

I am thinking of stripping every thing off and staring over with the component layout. Any advice or links to images showing layouts will be most welcome.

One burning question (which I think I have the common sense answer but need confirmation):
the EzOSD comes with two modules, one module is the current sensor. The description states that ';the ESC'; should be connected to it... I presume that with a multi ESC unit, taking the current measurement should be achieved by connecting the current sensor between the battery and the voltage bus so that the whole aircraft power usage is being monitored. Confirmation please...

The other burning question is the antennae being used - I have the rubber ducks as supplied and will have to use them for the time being (My pension doesn';t stretch to a decent set of cloverleafs or what ever is recommended  :( ) What sort of realistic range would be expected? I don';t think I will be wanting more than say 500 - 800 metres...(at the moment anyway)

*600mw...yes, I know...I don';t need any netcop to tell me either! It was a gift!
Donald

Biffa

Quote from: Opto-Mystic on Wednesday,January 22, 2014, 15:10:52
...an ImmersionRC 5.8g 600mw VTX [*see below]

*600mw...yes, I know...I don';t need any netcop to tell me either! It was a gift!

TSK TSK you would never see me using one of them :rolleyes: :whistling:
Steve

flybywire

Nice Christmas present Gordon.  I have an ezosd on my 450, and a gimbal and an Immersion Vtx.  I have mounted the current sensor part (which is used in series with the main power board from the lipo BTW) on the underside of the top frame.  I then stuck the GPS sensor on an arm, Vtx on another, with a Spironet CP antenna pointing downwards. 
I realise that you received this as a gift, but otherwise I would have suggested that you purchase the DJI iOSD mini, which would have saved you some space, as you would not have required 2 gps antenna';s.
That being said, the ezosd is a great bit of kit, and gives more info than DJI';s offering, albeit at twice the price and 4 times the footprint!

Andy
Blog: [url="http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff"]http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff[/url]
The spiritual home of fpv large
Keep it emax, capiche?
Hardware? sure, I got hardware!

richardg6paj

600mw, ILLEGAL your only supposed to use 25mw in the UK. (you didn';t know that did you) you';ll fry your eyebrows with so much power.  :o
Not to mention interfering with everything else on the planet.  :evil
~~ Enjoy your 600mw, I know I will when I get mine.  :beer2:

Richard

Opto-Mystic

Donald

richardg6paj