Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Sunday,September 29, 2024, 18:34:36

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
12 May 2024 08:13:51
 I have some F1 Abusemark boards going spare,,,,,,,,,,,,,    ;)    :azn
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:12:29
And with oldskool parts  :D
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:11:57
I must be the only one doing tricopters right now  :laugh:
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:09:30
 :D
Gaza07:
11 May 2024 21:15:16
Domain has been renewed closure has been cancelled  :D
Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,478
  • Total Topics: 20,271
  • Online today: 23
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 18
Total: 18

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

trying to decide what parts for a 3d quad

Started by tony, Friday,January 10, 2014, 17:58:02

Previous topic - Next topic

tony

hello every1 its only me again and again and again

anyway i want to build a 3d quad 450 size light as i can make it now ive done a lot of reading i need 1300kv to 1500kv motors with 8inch props ?? what';s recommended

ill use afro esc

i was thinking this frame to start with as its a good frame and cheap to replace
http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/store/__24173__Q450_Glass_Fiber_Quadcopter_Frame_450mm_Integrated_PCB_Version.html

flight board here is my biggest dilemma do i go naza light are kk2 dose any1 no of a really good board for this size frame i can really let lose on

the threads i keep reading are from 2009 and are out of date so hoping some1 can point me in the right direction 

tony

philtrum

Ive just built a 3d quad

Teslaquad SS frame
multiwii flight controller running multiwii3d firmware 2.2
Afro 12a esc
Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 2822-1275 motors
3d props from flyduino

Teslaquad inverted test maiden

its not as large as you are wanting to build, but has plenty of go  :D

hope thats of some help
Phil
Many Thanks
Phil
[url="//www.makeitbuildit.co.uk"]www.makeitbuildit.co.uk[/url]

tony

that';s bloody brilliant

you got any vids of you playing out side with it yet  :beer2:

tony

teslahed

Any small minimal frame would be fine for that kind of flying. You just don';t want to be carrying any extra weight. My enlarged ';Teslaquad'; frame as demo';d by phil would do the job fine, as would one of flyduinos smaller frames. Just make sure you get something both stiff and light and you wont go far wrong.

8 inch props are probably best for this sort of flying so size the frame accordingly.
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

philtrum

hoping for a dry calm day this weekend, to get out and test it for real

the warthox vid is great, its not a 3d quad though, just an acro one :D
plenty of options for getting something to do flips, rolls and loops
dependent what size frame you want to go for, all i will say is get something repairable as you will have the odd misshap lol

Cheers
Phil
Many Thanks
Phil

philtrum

when i had it set it in "normal" mode it was great for flying fast and doing flips

its a good frame, nice and stiff, with built in replaceable weak points
Many Thanks
Phil

tony

now i want to get everything ordered Monday lol no rush  on a budget of 200 quid  and the more i think about it the more im leaning to just getting a naza light with gps and sunsky motors for my450 quad

:frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

:slap: hmmm

Gav

Oh boy you';ve got the quad bug real bad, Tony.

Just let me have a go once you';ve. 3D';d up your quad. :)

tony

well i found a little 3d quad at a good price i found a dji f330 dji motors and esc with a flame-wheel 330 size
for £133 pounds and with a bonus for half price naza m lite + gps

that';s the hole bundle for £182.50

http://www.firstpersonview.co.uk/quadcopters/dji-f330-arf-kit-naza-lite-bundle
first time ive bought from this site fast delivery and a very nice bit of kit set up on recommend settings and it works fine

any1 got the same what gain settings have you gotten yours set to and do you do flips and such

also im looking for some protection for my gps what';s recommended

nub

damn that';s a pretty nice wee set up for the price.
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

deano

I bought the kit last week. I';m new to the hobby so stock settings for me.
dji f330
q450 hk clone
3 whitesheep

tony

when you say stock setting just to clarify you mean

[attachimg=1]

teslahed

Quote from: tony on Wednesday,January 15, 2014, 20:01:12
well i found a little 3d quad at a good price i found a dji f330 dji motors and esc with a flame-wheel 330 size
for £133 pounds and with a bonus for half price naza m lite + gps

You wont get that DJI 330 quadcopter flipping the way phil has his flipping. Or flying the way warthox flies his.

Your motors are too low KV for the props and the frame to give you the kick you';ll need to get similar performance (unless you are going 4 cell?) and the frame is heavier and less rigid than any linked to so far in this thread (790 grams for the DJI330 fully loaded vs 580 for the Teslaquad SS - big difference that).

If you go up to 4 cells it still wont fly like phils - it will fly like a rocket though.

It should fly well and with the dji NAZA it will have good failsafe features and GPS stability - a nice portable ';proper'; quadcopter built a little smaller than average. It';s just not the best setup for stunt flying, flipping or looping. Especially with those motors and ESCs.

Quoteany1 got the same what gain settings have you gotten yours set to and do you do flips and such

Swap your stable naza flight controller out for a cheap multiwii (or KK2) and one of us will be able to help.

tony

@ teslahed  point taken but at that sort of money for a naza with gps all in i could not resist and it is agile

flys better than my cirus board on a 450 frame point taken it wont flip as well as yours are the other chaps

but half price naza and a nice stable platform to fly on and it will flip and loop just more altitude and a run and jump at it so flyby tricks lol and while im mastering that i can put together a true flips quad and just follow warthox build ...are follow your build i must admit I';m still leaning towards yours as it has cheep replaceable weak points and we all crash

but here is a pic
[attach=1]

teslahed

It looks like a very nice quadcopter and I am sure it will fly well.

Soul

I';m confused between 3D and Acro.

I thought 3D meant capable of sustained inverted flight (so special ESCs, FC, props etc) whereas Acro meant capable of rolls, flips etc.

Or is that wrong?

teslahed

You are correct Soul, The term ';3D'; usually refers to multirotors capable of flying upside down in a sustained fashion whereas ';Acro'; just refers to flips loops and rolls.

But people use the term ';3D'; interchangeably with ';Acro';. It';s probably only the proper 3D helicopter pilots that really get annoyed by this kind of misuse of the terminology - in part because until recently there were no proper 3D quadcopters so it didn';t matter.

It may be that in the future the terms get used interchangeably or it may be that people stick to 3D for reverse thrust and Acro for flips loops and rolls. We';ll have to see :popcorn: