Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Saturday,October 05, 2024, 06:23:09

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
12 May 2024 08:13:51
 I have some F1 Abusemark boards going spare,,,,,,,,,,,,,    ;)    :azn
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:12:29
And with oldskool parts  :D
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:11:57
I must be the only one doing tricopters right now  :laugh:
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:09:30
 :D
Gaza07:
11 May 2024 21:15:16
Domain has been renewed closure has been cancelled  :D
Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,479
  • Total Topics: 20,271
  • Online today: 8
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 13
Total: 13

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Aerial video of a monument we will never be able to fly!

Started by cgcrute, Tuesday,December 17, 2013, 13:29:20

Previous topic - Next topic

cgcrute

ZMR250
Naze32
Micro Titan Motors
SN02a ESCs
Mobius
Runcam Sky (with servo adjustable tilt)

Cheerson CX-10 ;-)

Taranis Transmitter

JAB1a

I liked the straight down shot they did while lifting upwards, very arty. I am sure there is a bit of paper somewhere saying you must not fly around this site but I am sure someone will push the boundary and do a wicked video of this site

XH558

When I was a kid there was no visitor centre and no ticket office ...and you could climb all over the stones ... and there was never any damage or graffiti or stuff stolen or moved ... my how things have ';improved';  :rolleyes: :azn
David :)
[url="//www.mh434.com"]www.mh434.com[/url]
[url="//www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/"]www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/[/url]

flybywire

Yes, it';s the kind of site that multirotor';s/fpv/videography was designed for.  The gauntlet & holy grail of the devil may care pathological fpv';er.
When I was growing up in the sixties, I recall a cordon, but it was a deal closer than it was now. 
I';ve flown my quad over it many times, but then of course it is invisible... :wack0
Blog: [url="http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff"]http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff[/url]
The spiritual home of fpv large
Keep it emax, capiche?
Hardware? sure, I got hardware!

Hands0n

So is there a specific exclusion zone around the monument? Apart from all the converging ley lines, that is  :laugh:
--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

flybywire

I have seen footage of multi';s landing on the stones, I think it';s frowned upon, not sure about laws as such, wouldn';t be surprised though.  The ';walk of shame'; could be problematic if you dumped it on one of the capstones!
Blog: [url="http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff"]http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff[/url]
Keep it emax, capiche?

nub

wtf never knew u had to actually pay to visit them, that';s mad.
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

Col_M

I';m not sure never fly is right, you can do anything as long as you';re not caught ;) there are a handful of videos on youtube of multi rotors over Stonehenge. This one is one of the best ones and something similar to what I';d want to do http://youtu.be/CReK8tcLQKU

If I was doing it I';d use UHF control and video so I could get in amongst the stones then fly from a discrete location in a treeline from Larkhill to the north  ;) ~~
TBS Discovery : DRQ-250 : Q450 : Blade mQX

Hands0n

Hmm, interesting.  Is there anything in the ANO that prevents us flying such "monuments"?   Negotiating a recovery might prove interesting  :blink
--
Danny

Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

XH558

When you drive past now - as I do regularly on my way to visit my daughter in Hampshire - you see loads of tourists solemnly trudging round in the big circle around the perimeter - a respectful distance away ... very sad ... you can';t really get a feel for them till you actually experience them close up ... and the worst thing is the traffic holdup on the A303  :rolleyes:

Last year we were travelling behind some tw*t who was trying to take a photo with his right hand out of the window around the outside of the windscreen ...  and he drove into the hedge... that';s what causes the hold ups ... :azn
[url="//www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/"]www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/[/url]

flybywire

Keep it emax, capiche?

Hands0n

Quote from: XH558 on Tuesday,December 17, 2013, 15:19:51
...  and he drove into the hedge...

I';m sorry, I know it isn';t funny being stuck behind "one of those" but forgive me if I just indulge myself

Bbbbbwwwwwwaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I';d have pulled over to take a photo of the numpty in the hedge, very loudly and very publicly.

Mummy always said to kick a man when he';s down  :laugh:
--
Danny

XH558

I just wound the window down and shouted ';T W * T '; at him very loudly ... and drove off leaving him there ...looking stupid ... :whistling:

He was only doing about 10mph .. which is what was holding us all up  :rolleyes:

Hands0n

A very long time ago indeed I recall driving down that end of the country. All I can recall are caravans ... everywhere!  :o  It left me a bit traumatised I tell ya  :blink   The return journey I performed at gone 1am to avoid all of that nonsense  :frantic:
--
Danny

cgcrute

Yeah, thinking about it I guess there isn';t a reason why you can';t fly over it.

Is there a point when flying over becomes regarded as being there, ie flying lower than a certain height, or lower than structures, etc?
ZMR250
Naze32
Micro Titan Motors
SN02a ESCs
Mobius
Runcam Sky (with servo adjustable tilt)

Cheerson CX-10 ;-)

Taranis Transmitter

Hands0n

Quote from: cgcrute on Tuesday,December 17, 2013, 16:46:43
Yeah, thinking about it I guess there isn';t a reason why you can';t fly over it.

Is there a point when flying over becomes regarded as being there, ie flying lower than a certain height, or lower than structures, etc?

We may be back to the ANO again - they have very clear wording about minimum distance from "things" that are not within our direct control. 
--
Danny

Opto-Mystic

Well, as a life member of the National Trust, I own a bit of Stonehenge. I am not sure which bit it is but I hereby give any member of this illustrious multi-rotor group unrestricted authority to over-fly and film, video or otherwise admire the bit I own. If you just happen to film, video or otherwise admire any or all of the other bits while trying to locate my bit, that is your affair  :smiley:

PS: My wife is also a life member, so be on the look out for two bits...
Donald

Gav

I will probably fly over it one day now opto has given the go ahead.  I drive past it every now and again.  Best time would be late spring early in the morning when nobody is about.  If lose it / smack a prop on the stones and go down inside the fence line then you';d have to wait till the care taker comes along  :laugh:

you aint seen me,   ...right

RCJardin

I think it is English Heritage that owns Stonehenge. It would be nice to fly over it. I do remember walking through the stones back in the early 60s. Perhaps it would be possible to take off from the field that the Beatles used to film a song in ';Help';.

Cloudbuster

If you take the time to speak to english heritage they are quite accomadating and will allow closed visits at pre arranged times !!! Stonehenge can be visited very early in the morning and from previous expeirence i cant see there would be any problem getting permission to film using a multirotor !! The natinal trust are also very helpful !!! I have worked as a professional photographer for nearly 30 years and like most things if you go the right way about it usually the answer is yes !!! The only real pains are local councils who seem unable to make decisions on anything LOL...

All the best rob
life is too short to worry about what others think !!!

[url="//www.skynamite.co.uk"]www.Skynamite.co.uk[/url]

Opto-Mystic

Quote from: RCJardin on Tuesday,December 17, 2013, 18:58:07
I think it is English Heritage that owns Stonehenge. It would be nice to fly over it. ...

You are correct RE English Heritage ';owning'; the stones. I bow down and grovel in the face of superior knowledge.

Whatever, my NT card gets me in free and I can take a friend in with me free too. Looking on both EH & NT websites, EH appears to own it and NT owns: " ... Within the Stonehenge World Heritage Site, the National Trust manages 827 hectares (2,100 acres) of downland surrounding the famous stone circle."

So, sorry to have to say it... My permission to over-fly my bit isn';t worth the photons radiating from your screens.

However, that said, I give permission to take off from the bit of land I own, somewhere on the surrounds of Stonehenge & I believe my wife';s bit is on the absolute opposite side of the henge. You may land safely there.  :smiley:
Donald

Gav

WHAT!? you mean to say you tricked me into believing I could fly over it  :rolleyes:  :hmm:

To be honest I don';t think it';s really worth the fuel or drive just to fly over - let alone go in as a paying visitor- once you';ve seen it and also seen the entrance fee too, it';s a bit of hmmm is that it?!  Lot';s of other places far more interesting IMO and more accessible to fly over, without upsetting anyone / hassle of gaining access for an  Ariel Video flight just for fun. 

perhaps if you did FPV over it and performed an epic crash into the Stones then posted on Youtube, you might earn a few quid if it goes viral.  QUICK LEG IT to Stone Henge  ::) :laugh:

simon

I was very lucky to fly over it in the late 90';s even took some snaps on an olympus om10 I think.
My then boss an ex F1 driver and now circuits owner had his own chopper and still flies now.
Scared the ****** out of me several times with his flying!
BNUC-S Pilot, with PFAW

Opto-Mystic

I will be going past it on Christmas Eve. Unfortunately in the evening, along with half southern England. It will be too dark to look for a crashed/fly-a-way...

Here is a pano photo I did of the Stones a few years back:

http://www.panoramio.com/photo_explorer#view=photo&position=919&with_photo_id=2464015&order=date_desc&user=505115

Donald

Opto-Mystic

We did go past Stonehenge in the early afternoon. Wall to wall blue sky, crisp winter sunshine. The Henge was closed so there were no folks around. I had the F450 in the car ... All in all , it was perfect for a fly over... I am kicking myself for not stopping and having ago.

When will I ever be in a situation again? I would have had the empty place to myself. kick, kick, kick!
Why didn';t I stop?  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:
Donald

Gav

Yep conditions were perfect at that time.  Only your state of mind was obviously not ready for a flyby.  Don';t beat yourself up too much there will be more opportunities to get amazing flying footage in 2014 :D

flybywire

Yes Donald, there';ll be another time, when you';re fully prepared.

Andy
Keep it emax, capiche?

Opto-Mystic

Donald