Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Sunday,October 06, 2024, 13:25:49

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
12 May 2024 08:13:51
 I have some F1 Abusemark boards going spare,,,,,,,,,,,,,    ;)    :azn
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:12:29
And with oldskool parts  :D
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:11:57
I must be the only one doing tricopters right now  :laugh:
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:09:30
 :D
Gaza07:
11 May 2024 21:15:16
Domain has been renewed closure has been cancelled  :D
Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,479
  • Total Topics: 20,271
  • Online today: 16
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 12
Total: 12

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Dji550 and go pro black on ebay

Started by jasoncook, Sunday,December 15, 2013, 15:04:05

Previous topic - Next topic

nub

Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

Opto-Mystic

Interesting - the item is no longer available... I wonder why?  ;)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/dji-f550-/271347338383?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

I have no further news at the moment.
Donald

fruitsalad

dont grow up,just buy bigger toys!!!!

Chami82923

I must be feeling all Christmassy, as am reading this thread and thinking ';I hope that poor bugger gets his hex back!';

Can you imagine going home to the missus and having to confess to loosing over a grands worth of kit, ouch!

Callum
LF 330 with naza & GPS,
Hubsan X4 & Q4
Mini H-quad with naza m lite.
F550 with naza m lite
Diatone Silverline racing 250 (cc3d)

flybywire

The guy';s probably still out there looking for it!  If it were my wife, she wouldn';t let me back in till i';d found it.
Blog: [url="http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff"]http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff[/url]
The spiritual home of fpv large
Keep it emax, capiche?
Hardware? sure, I got hardware!

Cloudbuster

I do hope this chap gets it back ....this is great work on here chaps, just goes to show how great this forum is and the lengths its members will go to, to help..good work chaps !!!!

Regards rob  :smiley: :smiley:
life is too short to worry about what others think !!!

[url="//www.skynamite.co.uk"]www.Skynamite.co.uk[/url]

tectic

Hopefully it will get back home
But if not after a few months the finder will legally get the MR back and be able to sell it with a clear conscience.

Hopefully the seller will not get in to any trouble as he was doing what probably half the population would have done.
And a bit of extra cash around Xmas time would be a great temptation.

Thanks Donald for going the Extra mile to help out the Owner
And thanks to the fellow who discreetly obtained the Video footage to make a plausible case for finding the real owner

Wayne
650-Hexa-copter, 450-Quad-copter,Xugong 10 Quad-copter

Opto-Mystic

I can';t say too much but the seller is in the brown smelly stuff. Selling stuff that is ';found'; without taking proper steps to return it to its rightful owner is a criminal offence. The seller was taken into custody yesterday to ';help the police with their enquiries';. I do not know if he has been or will be charged with any offence. We must not lose sight of the fact: innocent until proven guilty.

We still need to find the owner. Please circulate the photograph in as many social media places that you can.

Any information by PM to me or dial 101 ask for Thames Valley Police then ask for PC6548 Adam Marks or email him (adam.marks [at] thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk)
At the moment I do not have the investigation reference but for the time being mention report reference: 6931812

Donald

Steve-flys

DJI F450
V2 Naza gps
Stock escs and 10in props
Go pro 3 silver
predator goggles

richardg6paj

Hi,
I love this thread, excellent work.
Would it not be possible to put it on local radio with a web address of the photo etc.

Richard

nub

Quote from: tectic on Thursday,December 19, 2013, 04:11:43 Hopefully the seller will not get in to any trouble as he was doing what probably half the population would have done.
And a bit of extra cash around Xmas time would be a great temptation.

aye but as the old saying goes, if u can';t do the time, don';t do the crime.

though i doubt anything will happen to him unless he actually stole it from the guy.
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

Jimbodiddly

Mods, until the owners been found can ghis be stickied if it has not been done so already?

Opto-Mystic

Quote from: richardg6paj on Thursday,December 19, 2013, 08:22:17
Hi,
I love this thread, excellent work.
Would it not be possible to put it on local radio with a web address of the photo etc.

Richard
Brilliant idea Richard.

Donald

maclean

I don';t quite understand - did somebody go to the sellers house to view the quad and copy the card off the gopro and that is the attached video?

How does one do that without promptly getting told to feck off lol?

n506

I could be wrong, but I can only assume that the gopro perhaps now doesn';t have a card in it since it was "checked over".

barneyg

Quote from: maclean on Thursday,December 19, 2013, 15:58:06
I don';t quite understand - did somebody go to the sellers house to view the quad and copy the card off the gopro and that is the attached video?

How does one do that without promptly getting told to feck off lol?

Take laptop with card reader ask to see some footage to check there is no problems with the camera ... select file in explorer press ctrl-c before double clicking and then ctrl-v on the destop ... file copies while you watch.  Mix in a little distraction when you do the ctrl-v so victim doesn';t see the copy dialog box before you hide it.

Basic social engineering ;)

maclean

Haha so somebody actually done that.. Good on em.

I guess I was making the assumption that the seller wasn';t a retard - as if I was dis honest enough to take the multirotor in the first place I would have checked and removed such footage and not be so easily duped.

dellowwarren

Quote from: barneyg on Thursday,December 19, 2013, 16:33:02
Take laptop with card reader ask to see some footage to check there is no problems with the camera ... select file in explorer press ctrl-c before double clicking and then ctrl-v on the destop ... file copies while you watch.  Mix in a little distraction when you do the ctrl-v so victim doesn';t see the copy dialog box before you hide it.

Thats why I am a telecoms engineer ;)

You kind of got it right... ctrl-a, ctrl-c then ctrl-v and yes a bit of a distraction for 30 mins while copying to me files

I have tried contacting the police to provide my services as I have the DJI CEO on speed dial and I will also we going in to get the GoPro';s details aswell to send that off to a guy at GoPro to help us out.

n506

Went looking for DJI F550 stuff in Chessington and came across the following video:

FPV HoverTime in Chessington, Surrey, TAROT FY 690S, Zenmuse H3-2D & FatShark Predator.

I';ve left a comment to get in touch if they might know who he is... looks like it might be quite an enthusiasts flying spot, in which case he could be known to others around there.

dellowwarren

Quote from: n506 on Thursday,December 19, 2013, 21:27:27
Went looking for DJI F550 stuff in Chessington and came across the following video:

FPV HoverTime in Chessington, Surrey, TAROT FY 690S, Zenmuse H3-2D & FatShark Predator.

I';ve left a comment to get in touch if they might know who he is... looks like it might be quite an enthusiasts flying spot, in which case he could be known to others around there.

I am gonna call HoverTime tomorrow as I think his name is Stuart and have bought a few things off from them

Man I have seen this video before thats prob how i managed to find the location so easy... Great find man :)

I thought of even contacting the cricket field owners but the last thing i would be doing is going to explain to the owner of the field that i crashed but dont know where lol

doofer

Quote from: n506 on Thursday,December 19, 2013, 21:27:27

If you go to YouTube and check out the other Videos, there';s one at Stew Ponds and the guy doing the FPV in that looks to me like the same guy from the picture grabbed from the ';lost'; GoPro, it';s worth checking out as there';s chicks in bikinis too. :evil

n506

Lol, you';re not wrong! Never know... it could be him! Then again, without enough detail in both, it could be that the similarity is just vague...

Be great if it was him, although he might not want to admit to it given his business! :p

It really caught my attention that it was flying in the exact same place in that previous video I linked to though... there can';t be that many folk flying in that one place!

Hands0n

I';ve Tweeted the picture of the fella.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

Opto-Mystic

Absolutely Great work Guys.

Lets all keep up the push to give the owner a great Christmas surprise!!!

An Update:

The F550 is in the Property Office at Bracknell Police station (Berkshire, UK)
Incident reference: ZZ4376108/30

The irony is that IF we can';t find the owner in the near future, the F550 may have to be given back to the finder - We must not let that happen folks - please, please do you best and keep up the momentum in finding the rightful owner... Thanks
Donald

Opto-Mystic

I picked this up from the F550 Facebook Group.

It could be the probable owner of the lost F550

Do you know him?
[attachimg=1]
Donald

Gav

Quote from: barneyg on Thursday,December 19, 2013, 16:33:02

I like your style and I can tell you';ve done this before.

Etch your phone number into the copper power distribution board or motor housings or something.  Also IF FOUND Tel number and name on a sticker in places like the battery compartment of the camera under the flight controller - everywhere!

richardg6paj

Has anyone phoned or emailed Hovertime?

Richard

tectic

Good work Guys
Maybe the MR will be going home soon and someone will get an early Xmas pressie
650-Hexa-copter, 450-Quad-copter,Xugong 10 Quad-copter

Hands0n

Quote from: Gav on Friday,December 20, 2013, 10:12:20
Etch your phone number into the copper power distribution board or motor housings or something.  Also IF FOUND Tel number and name on a sticker in places like the battery compartment of the camera under the flight controller - everywhere!

Ever since my total loss fly away earlier this year I have marked both of my multi-rotors with name&address sticker with phone number.

I';ve now added a post on Google+ which is marked Public also, so hopefully the exposure will increase.  A marvellous response by the community  ~~
--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

dellowwarren

Guys we have found the owner... I am on the way to police station now to meet him  ~~