Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Sunday,October 06, 2024, 13:39:45

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
12 May 2024 08:13:51
 I have some F1 Abusemark boards going spare,,,,,,,,,,,,,    ;)    :azn
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:12:29
And with oldskool parts  :D
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:11:57
I must be the only one doing tricopters right now  :laugh:
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:09:30
 :D
Gaza07:
11 May 2024 21:15:16
Domain has been renewed closure has been cancelled  :D
Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,479
  • Total Topics: 20,271
  • Online today: 16
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 15
Total: 15

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Dji550 and go pro black on ebay

Started by jasoncook, Sunday,December 15, 2013, 15:04:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Richlizard

Makes you wonder how he came to have this in his possession!
I may be dumb, but my learning curve is high...

hotrodspike

Jimbodiddly

powerlord

I';d report it as probably stolen to eBay.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

[url="http://www.youtube.com/powerlord69"]http://www.youtube.com/powerlord69[/url]

Opto-Mystic

If it was a found fly-a-way it may have been handed into the police & 30 days thereafter it is legally his if not claimed by its rightful owner. That said, If I was going to bid, that is a question I would ask!
Donald

nub

na if that had been the case i think he would have maybe said that in the description myself.

someone should ask him where he got it from :smiley:
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

doofer

From just looking at the kit on it and the way it is built you know that him repeatedly claiming he ';knows nothing about it'; means it definitely is not his. Surely there will be some way of identifying where it came from via the Naza? Or some personalised data in the GoPro? Seems very dodgy to me. Only thing to do is spread the word about it everywhere you can in the hope the actual owner sees it.

Opto-Mystic

Quote from: nub on Sunday,December 15, 2013, 16:49:34
na if that had been the case i think he would have maybe said that in the description myself.

someone should ask him where he got it from :smiley:

I have - and waiting for the reply... I will post it, if any.

I have told him that I am interested but speculating on how he came by it - don';t want to spend serious money only to have it seized by the authorities, can he be able to supply proof of ownership.

If it was a found one and handed into police, there will be a receipt he would have - or a police reference number... we shall see...
Donald

Richlizard

I don';t think I would ever in a million years pay more than £5 for an item being sold by someone with a feedback of just ';5';.

Nothing really adds up here.

jasoncook

His reply to how he came by owning it.

"Lots of questions from ppl asking how I acquired this, I was given it by a customer after doing a job, I saw it, and asked about it as I was intrigued by it. To which he said I could take it as part payment. The reason I';m selling it is because it to expensive before Christmas to work on and to be honest with 4 kids a little extra money is help"

Gav

No way.  Avoid.   If it was legitimate then common sense would say to sell the items separately.   I mean if I were selling then I would at least sell the GoPro separately!

Richlizard

I took a different approach and prompted him to say what he thought I wanted to hear...

Me: "Hi. Could you tell me why you are selling this item? Did you buy it without knowing what is required in setting it up?"

Him: "Pretty much mate, I thought it was a matter of just getting a cheap (which I';ve found impossible) controller and a propeller turns out not that simple lol and I';m not the most ';techy'; person in the world."

Easy to confuse "purchased it" with "given it as part-payment" I suppose!  :laugh:

teslahed

I';m not jumping to any conclusions but i share peoples concerns.

Hypothetically speaking, if this hexacopter was mine, i might be able to recognise it from this picture;

If i';d done all that wiring I';d probably recognise some of the features in the photo like the unusual item towards the top that appears to be bundled up with black electrical tape with wires going in and out combined with the particular combination of spektrum receivers..

One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

quadfather

Is that a second GPS unit in that pic?

Sent using Tappertock 4

-rw-rw-rw-  –  The Number of the Beast

Jimbodiddly

Biffa

Quote from: teslahed on Sunday,December 15, 2013, 20:29:31 Hypothetically speaking, if this hexacopter was mine, i might be able to recognise it from this picture;

If that was mine I';d be too embarrassed to own up to that mess :rolleyes:
Steve

flybywire

Quote from: quadfather on Sunday,December 15, 2013, 21:36:06

Sent using Tappertock 4

Yes, it';s an ezosd.
Blog: [url="http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff"]http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff[/url]
The spiritual home of fpv large
Keep it emax, capiche?
Hardware? sure, I got hardware!

teslahed

Quote from: quadfather on Sunday,December 15, 2013, 21:36:06

Well spotted - I think it is.

http://team-blacksheep.com/img/gallery/TBS_OSD_2.jpg

Although possibly not the exact same model.

I would recognise this multirotor if it belonged to me.
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

DarkButterfly

What I can see is:

Naza flight controller
AR8000 spektrum receiver
TM1000 telemetry unit

The thing wrapped in tape could be a GPS/OSD combination?

I think most of you would recognise it, if it were your own multirotor, I know I would.

:)
Why use 4 motors when you can use 6?

YouTube channel
[url="https://www.youtube.com/user/RobR386"]https://www.youtube.com/user/RobR386[/url]

Calomile

The taped thing is an EzOSD power module, which is connected to the top plate.

I';m not sure I buy the sellers story about it being given as payment for a job. More likely is that he found a flyaway in a field...  :hmm:
I reverse polarities for fun.

tectic

This is a video taken from the GoPro from the Multi rotor
It was crashed at  Sir Francis Baker Recreational Ground
Help this guy find his heli - F550 lost

This info is from someone on the DJI F550 Facebook page who went to see the multirotor and copied the gopro card
Anyone recognse it??
650-Hexa-copter, 450-Quad-copter,Xugong 10 Quad-copter

Opto-Mystic

OK, I wonder if we can help this guy

I have enhanced a frame showing the guy who lost it. Please circulate the photo in any of the places you haunt (Facebook, Twitter, other forums etc.)

DO YOU RECOGNISE THIS GUY
Donald

tectic

Quote from: Opto-Mystic on Wednesday,December 18, 2013, 10:54:36
OK, I wonder if we can help this guy

I have enhanced a frame showing the guy who lost it. Please circulate the photo in any of the places you haunt (Facebook, Twitter, other forums etc.)

DO YOU RECOGNISE THIS GUY

Nice one Opto I can';t actually see the video myself as I am on a ship in the arabian gulf and Youtube Is locked out of our internet service

Opto-Mystic

Thanks Tectic - I see you are online - give me 5 mins that check your PMs  ;)
Donald

tectic

Opto-Mystic

I believe many folk have been eBay PMing the seller. May I tactfully suggest that you do not make any further comment to him but just watch the auction with interest.  ;)
Donald

tectic

Hopefully the rightful owner will get his MR back

Opto-Mystic

HOT NEWS.

1) The police now have the equipment safely in their property office
2) The seller is in police custody and ...  ehem... "Helping them with their enquiries"
3) I will have the authority to  give further details with a request for help from the Thames Valley Police. I should have this within a couple of hours.

Once I have a little more information I will be giving the Case Number, Police Officer';s name and number together with a telephone number.

They want to trace the owner so that it can be returned to him. I have been asked to release this information as widely as possible - Forums, Facebook and Twitter etc

Donald

Friskle

Yuneec Q500+
Yuneec Typhoon H
Nano QX2
Nano QX3D
Blade 180QX
Blade 200QX
DJI 450 frame + Naza M V2 = GPS
ZMR 250
250 Pro - Dys 2300kv motors , Naze32 Acro
300 Folding Frame sporting a Naza Lite + GPS