Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Monday,October 07, 2024, 23:19:16

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
12 May 2024 08:13:51
 I have some F1 Abusemark boards going spare,,,,,,,,,,,,,    ;)    :azn
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:12:29
And with oldskool parts  :D
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:11:57
I must be the only one doing tricopters right now  :laugh:
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:09:30
 :D
Gaza07:
11 May 2024 21:15:16
Domain has been renewed closure has been cancelled  :D
Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,479
  • Total Topics: 20,271
  • Online today: 28
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 11
Total: 11

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Zenmuse h3-2d

Started by Richlizard, Wednesday,December 11, 2013, 13:38:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Richlizard

I have searched, honest!

Can anyone tell me how to adjust the control of the tilt?

By that I mean I have a Futaba T8J and I am using the little spinning knob in the middle for tilt control. On my aeroxcraft, I could configure it so that it used the whole range and where that range should start from and end.

This appears to be set up so that pointing forwards is around 3 mins past the hour and pointing down is around 15 mins past the hour. That gives me about 12 minutes of the 50 minutes available and of course means the tiniest movement makes the tilt way too fast for smooth filming.

Surely there must be a way to adjust this?

Thanks
I may be dumb, but my learning curve is high...

Jumpy07

I have same issues Richard.. the Zenmuse gimbals arent great at smooth tilt..   on Alexmos you can configure different ways.. and its much smoother..

Best thing I can advise is use a curve on TX with flats around the middle..
BNUC-S Pilot with PfCo /PFAW.
UAQ / CAA PfCo Instructor / Flight Assessor

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

flybywire

Surely you can set up end points, or servo range?  I have it set up on the dial on my DX8, it all seems smooth enough (default settings), it (the Tx) beeps when it';s 0 degrees (straight ahead) turn the dial anti clock wise 90 deg';s the gimbal tilts down 90 degs.  and vice versa.  Admittedly it doesn';t have the speed configurable as in the Amos type stuff, but seems fine to me!

Andy
Blog: [url="http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff"]http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff[/url]
The spiritual home of fpv large
Keep it emax, capiche?
Hardware? sure, I got hardware!

Opto-Mystic

That is easy to set up on your Futaba T8J

Menu --> AUX-CHAN
Assign CH5 to VR.
Hit END a couple of times & you should be able to control the gimbal up/down

EDIT:
Hang on a bit - I misread the post - I have my VR control semi calibrated - I';ll be back with the info in a moment
Donald

Opto-Mystic

I have my VR controll set so that when the knob is at 12 o';c, the camera points straight forward.
Turning the knob anti clock wise to:
11 o';c gives a tilt down of 70 degrees
10:30 = 60 degrees
10:00 = 45 degrees
Fully anti-clockwise - camera pointing vertically down = Zero degrees

I achieved this by entering the Menu --> END POINT
Select Ch5
turn VR fully clockwise and enter a value of Zero
turn VR to fully anti-closkwise and enter the value 50

the reading should then be displayed: L:50 H:0
Hit End a couple of times and test the gimblal response...

I get very smooth response out of my H3-2D
I have stuck a small label marking the angles by the knob so it is easy to select the down angle needed...
Donald

Opto-Mystic

My rather crude but effective ';calibration'; markings
(I used  a toolmaker';s engineering protractor to set the actual angles on the gimbal, then I market the VR positions)

Anything further clockwise from the 12 o';c position does not alter the gimbal from its ';H'; (horizonta) position.

Donald

Richlizard

That';s exactly my point Donald. Of the 50 minutes available, you only seem to be using about 15 max of the turn. So it goes very fast and inaccurate.

With my Aeroxcraft, it has its own software and my knob is more like this one... I borrowed your image!  :whistling:

I know I still only have 30 mins, but this gives so much more control. I would actually be more than happy having the 25 mins from my 45 mark to the ';limit 2'; mark as my range.

Opto-Mystic

OK, now I see.  In reality there is a lot more control than the my picture conveys. There is more travel and the camera does not point downwards until VR is fully ant-clockwise.

I have found that I only use within the band I have calibrated other than fully down.

Yes, it would be nice to be able to use the full range of the VR control just to rotate the camera through 90 degrees.

No problems about borrowing my image - help yourself, I will send my invoice later  :laugh:
Donald

Richlizard

Ok, I will look at your instructions later.

Currently washing and repairing carrying out essential maintenance on my F550.

:whistling:

Richlizard

Perfect Donald. I use mine the other way round where clockwise goes downwards, but my range from forward pointing to down now takes 25 minutes instead of 10. Much slower movement.

If anyone was reading this and prefers my way, the L and H figures were 13 and 60 with channel 5 reversed.

Thanks again Donald.

Quote from: Opto-Mystic on Wednesday,December 11, 2013, 15:23:39
I have my VR controll set so that when the knob is at 12 o';c, the camera points straight forward.
Turning the knob anti clock wise to:
11 o';c gives a tilt down of 70 degrees
10:30 = 60 degrees
10:00 = 45 degrees
Fully anti-clockwise - camera pointing vertically down = Zero degrees

I achieved this by entering the Menu --> END POINT
Select Ch5
turn VR fully clockwise and enter a value of Zero
turn VR to fully anti-closkwise and enter the value 50

the reading should then be displayed: L:50 H:0
Hit End a couple of times and test the gimblal response...

I get very smooth response out of my H3-2D
I have stuck a small label marking the angles by the knob so it is easy to select the down angle needed...

Opto-Mystic

Brilliant Richard - Glad it gave you the arena in which to create your own settings.

I might be in your neck of the woods over Christmas (Enham Alamein). Maybe meet up for a pint somewhere?

Donald

Richlizard

Sounds a plan Donald.  :beer2:

Got plans all over the place, so nudge me nearer the time. (at least the missus has)

Opto-Mystic

Quote from: Richlizard on Friday,December 13, 2013, 09:54:38
Sounds a plan Donald.  :beer2:

Got plans all over the place, so nudge me nearer the time. (at least the missus has)

Mine too... :smiley:
Donald