Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Wednesday,October 09, 2024, 20:32:30

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
12 May 2024 08:13:51
 I have some F1 Abusemark boards going spare,,,,,,,,,,,,,    ;)    :azn
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:12:29
And with oldskool parts  :D
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:11:57
I must be the only one doing tricopters right now  :laugh:
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:09:30
 :D
Gaza07:
11 May 2024 21:15:16
Domain has been renewed closure has been cancelled  :D
Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,480
  • Total Topics: 20,271
  • Online today: 18
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 8
Total: 8

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Analyzing the insider of Amazon Prime Air Drones shipping

Started by HobbyWoW, Thursday,December 05, 2013, 13:12:45

Previous topic - Next topic

HobbyWoW

The topic from my colleague,do you think  Amazon Prime Air Drones shipping was just a hype?

I believe that you and me, have already seen the videos and reports of Amazon Prime Air drones delivery package. Overwhelming, my first impression is : Amazon Prime Air Drones shipping was just a hype!

I am a technician of multi-axis aircraft (same like the kind of Amazon's Drones) and Remote Controlmodel company , analyzed from Drones and remote technical principles and simple logic , the so-called 30 minutes 's Drones delivery from Amazon is indeed nonsense :

1.The Safety
The Amazon " advertising" video is an eight- axle vehicle, the diameter of more than 80cm, by visual with eight motors and rotors, if such a large object out of control , or lack of electricity , or ( may be many other reasons etc here ) , sincerely speaking, this aircraft falls from the height , or hit a pedestrian or animal in flight , the possibility is huge and the consequences could be disastrous

2 .The Precise Positioning
From the video, Amazon Drones can be sent to the falt of the customer';s door, perfect!But to achieve, such a precise positioning is difficult to do from a GPS technically currently , it is in a normal range of 10 meters by positioning error , then if the Drones to the roof, or the pool , or in front of the street, neighbor';s house ? This make the customers to feel harvest then?

3 Delivery Range
We know that such an eight- axle vehicle , it have two lithium batteries and 8 motors in power systems , itcan fly up to 15 minutes with the most efficient power system , this is a unload condition , Amazon claims to load 5 pounds , OMG! If laden five pounds , I believe it can fly up to 8 minutes , and to be flying back and forth ! The delivery range is 30km /h* 4/60 = 2km. according the Drones's speed is 30 km / h .what the concept ? The leisurely 10-minute 's walk need the Drones to toss ?

4 Cost
How much such an 8-axis aircraft cost? For selling multi-axis aircraft , and I am responsible to tell you , this one aircraft cost $ 1,000 or even more! And the loss will be very large , this does not include the number of customers " catch " this craft to take home. Flight only loss lithium battery , rotor , landing gear, which will be a little unexpected loss , may the hung wind will make it unnormal landing , and the loss is $ 1000 ! Jeff Bezos has a great brain, I do not think he would doing such stupid things.

5 . The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
Such aircraft fly overhead, and would interfere with the civil aviation system and conflicts , Has Jeff Bezos been obtain the FAA';s approval ? I think this difficulty is quite large, this involved large number of Americans 's life safety .

From this analysis, it is not easy to detect Amazon Prime Air is such out of touch. But ,Jeff Bezos, such smart people,how would do such a stupid thing ? In fact, Bezos is very clever , these is actually a very successful marketing tool of Amazon .

The Timing is very good , just before Cyber Monday , the beginning of the Christmas shopping season , all kinds of the media have reported Amazon';s delivery services in this time , Amazon has an excellent publicity, and you can feel the Amazon went in Technology the leading edge ( Drones) , also greatly shortened the delivery time ( 30 minutes ) ; brand marketing with excellent results !

I really do not believe Amazon Drones's Fudge , I only have deep appreciation for the event marketing .

Let us learn a wireless remote control,Drones' knowledge, be a smart consumer ; )
HobbyWOW The Largest RC Online Shop - Buy RC Helicopter Plane Cars and Parts on HobbyWOW. Fast shipping and Good service for you.
[url="//www.hobbywow.com"]WWW.HOBBYWOW.COM[/url]