Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,October 11, 2024, 22:43:53

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
12 May 2024 08:13:51
 I have some F1 Abusemark boards going spare,,,,,,,,,,,,,    ;)    :azn
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:12:29
And with oldskool parts  :D
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:11:57
I must be the only one doing tricopters right now  :laugh:
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:09:30
 :D
Gaza07:
11 May 2024 21:15:16
Domain has been renewed closure has been cancelled  :D
Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,480
  • Total Topics: 20,271
  • Online today: 14
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 4
Total: 5

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Battery and Naza M software

Started by Richlizard, Wednesday,November 27, 2013, 15:08:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Richlizard

Hello again!

After just watching a video on setting up Naza, it got me wondering if I was perhaps thinking my phantom could actually fly for a lot longer than I originally thought, but obviously I wouldn';t want to push the boundaries too far.

My timers on my Futaba are currently set at 5:15 (get it home) and 6:15 (it';s dropping right now). I lowered these recently when it started to get a little cold and windy and I knew I would have less time in the air.

The Naza voltage protection settings actually coincide pretty well with this and at around 6:15, I struggle to keep it hovering as Naza tries to land it.

Those settings are:

1st protection
NoLoad 11.55v no loss Load 11.55v

2nd protection
Noload 11.10v no loss Load 11.10v

But I was interested to see just how long I could fly for when it just gave up the ghost (the bloke in the video did it, don';t scream at me!!). I gave it a good fly around for well over 5 minutes so it was put under some pressure (not too windy today mind) and I then brought it home and just moved it around a little a couple of feet off the ground. It finally gave up the ghost - at around 8m 30 seconds!! So well over 2 minutes longer than I have programmed in. Even with a good safety factor built in, it feels like I have been a little too conservative with my limits.

So I checked the battery voltage immediately after flight... 10v  :o :o

So based on that info, would it make sense to perhaps set my limits to something perhaps as low as 11v/10.7v before I get my warnings?

And set my alarms accordingly for maybe 7m and 7:45m?

I realise we need to err very much on the safety side of things, but think perhaps I have been overdoing it.

Any thoughts?

Cheers
I may be dumb, but my learning curve is high...

Friskle

I dont use the low voltage settings on my Naza , nor do i use them on my WKM, because i got sick and tired of short times, so, started to time flights, bringing them back at given times, then checking, on average, on varying battery types, i was always getting at minimum 2 minutes 30 seconds of extra flight time while not using low voltage protection, and the batteries always had enough left to keep things safe.
Yuneec Q500+
Yuneec Typhoon H
Nano QX2
Nano QX3D
Blade 180QX
Blade 200QX
DJI 450 frame + Naza M V2 = GPS
ZMR 250
250 Pro - Dys 2300kv motors , Naze32 Acro
300 Folding Frame sporting a Naza Lite + GPS

Richlizard

Love the idea Friskle.

My only concern would be - apart from obviously forgetting the timer - that if the battery was to go real low for whatever reason, wouldn';t you then lose the option of it landing softly and it would just fall from the sky?

Don';t want to tempt fate of course  ::)
I may be dumb, but my learning curve is high...

Biffa

Quote from: Richlizard on Wednesday,November 27, 2013, 21:21:15
Love the idea Friskle.

My only concern would be - apart from obviously forgetting the timer - that if the battery was to go real low for whatever reason, wouldn';t you then lose the option of it landing softly and it would just fall from the sky?

Don';t want to tempt fate of course  ::)

With the Naza voltage protection you lose all ability to land yourself once it has decided the pack is too low. Much better to time your flights and make hitting the timer part of your routine.

Id rather know where I landed my rig, rather than letting the Naza dump it anywhere it chooses.
Steve