User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

MultiRotorUK ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • ched999uk: BR  ::)
    January 16, 2019, 22:26:54
  • Bad Raven: That's a warrnty claim if ever I heard one....
    January 16, 2019, 20:32:55
  • ched999uk: My 28 year old 12v 35w Weller soldering iron failed  :( I didn't fancy forking out £100 for a new one. Stripped it down and found conductor snapped in cable. 10Mins later all back working great. :smiley: ::) I am very happy!!
    January 16, 2019, 17:23:06
  • shawdreamer: "look up there....its a drone!.....and whats this noise?..... no.....no..... it cant be!....NOOOOOOOO.......OOOOOOOOOOOOOPS I DID IT AGAIN, I PLAYED WITH YOUR HEAR....."
    January 10, 2019, 14:17:24
  • shawdreamer: <starts downloading britney spears albums and preping his large frame to carry a PA system>
    January 10, 2019, 14:15:08
  • Bajadre: defo steveo :) we should get loads of drones together up there so how they handle more that one lol
    January 08, 2019, 19:39:07
  • steveo9007: its all a ploy to get who ever has won the contract for geofencing the airport in, i reckon  ::)
    January 08, 2019, 18:38:26
  • Bajadre: more lies hope they prepped the police staement already lol
    January 08, 2019, 18:27:49
  • Bad Raven: Take Offs resumed
    January 08, 2019, 18:24:45
  • steveo9007: yeah not good though is it..what will come out of this now its happened at both major airports  :o
    January 08, 2019, 18:05:13
  • Bad Raven: Planes still landing, appears take offs affected
    January 08, 2019, 18:02:47
  • steveo9007: newsflash people, drone sighting at Heathrow Airport  just received on news app..
    January 08, 2019, 17:54:07
  • shawdreamer: tsk x2, just checked my thingiverse messages too... another a8 owner asking if one of my designs would work with his printer.... I said no as its not fire proof.... now he seems confused :confused:
    January 05, 2019, 15:35:09
  • hoverfly: Some people,  he's probably heading for a Darwin award... :laugh:
    January 05, 2019, 13:58:53
  • shawdreamer: tsk.... a new Anet A8 owner asking for mod suggestions for his xmas first printer on thingiverse... I suggested a fire suppression system or atleast a wall mount for a fire extinguisher and smoke alarm..... he removed my post.... no helping some people :shrug:
    January 05, 2019, 12:42:05
  • Reman: I did double check it with a metre (Mainly because I knew if I didn't check the polarity this would be the time the manufacturer had gone off script and put the negative in the middle of the coax) and felt slightly cheated because it was only making 19.7 volts. :)
    January 04, 2019, 14:01:11
  • Bajadre: yeah heat and wring never a good thing only a matter of time :(
    January 04, 2019, 10:12:57
  • Bad Raven: Well, it should! Rated for 24v. Be careful, have you checked the PSU output?  Many psu that (say) are supposed to be 12v actually output 16-18v. Is your 20v actually less than 24v??
    January 04, 2019, 08:41:14
  • Reman: Just modified the cable on a 20V 7A PSU to connect to my TS100........ It.... Erm..... Heats up a bit quicker than it did on 12V. LOL !!!
    January 03, 2019, 20:04:11
  • Reman: I didn't try to taste it, but it gave off that kind of smell that gets you in the back of the throat. :)
    January 03, 2019, 16:18:35

Who's Online

Theme Selection

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: This isn't good...  (Read 385 times)

Offline Hozza

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Liked: 277
  • Meh!

Offline Bad Raven

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 660
Re: This isn't good...
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 08:17:01 »
Fifteen years or more ago (when drones/multicopters/quads were effectively not around) I used to fly small foam planes in a huge public park.  Around 80-100 Watt motors, 24" span EPP foam.

This was LEGAL. The park bylaws stated that RC models could not be flown if engine powered, with a statement that engine referred to IC power. Heck, there was even an (unfenced and unsigned!) control line circle FOR IC power which with public lack of common sense I though WAS dangerous!!!

One day early morning we were approached by a yellow tabard wearing suited bloke who stated what we were doing was dangerous and we must stop as "we might injure a child". At the time there was a clear view across mown grass for 1/4 mile in every direction and there was nobody of ANY age in the park except us and him. This was pointed out and he began to bluster, insisting that we were breaking the law.

I produced a copy of the Bylaws with relevant permission sections highlighted and passed it to him, asking who he was. He stated he was the Head of Parks and Gardens for the Borough, and left in a huff, his final words being "I'll get this stopped".

Fifteen years later, still legal, even the control line circle!

At the time Bylaws for parks and Gardens were NATIONAL and Councils were having to apply for amendments/additions on a one off basis, effectively stopping most changes as simply too labour intensive and time consuming.

I know one or two councils put up signs and were forced to remove them as their actions were illegal!

Be interesting to know if that still applies.

Offline UrbanFPV

• Liked: 107
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 08:41:55 »
Well drones are banned over most of dartmoor.  That doesn't stop people flying it though!

From the BBC article:

"Under the policy, any person flying a drone or UAV in the council's parks or open spaces would be asked to stop immediately and leave the site, the BBC's Local Democracy Service reported."

That's ok then,  just come back the next day.  They're going to find this ban is largely unenforcable and unpolicable anyway.  And besides... who wants to go to Coventry to fly.  :tongue:
Talon SVX, Tyrant S 215, GEPRC Sparrow (Mo Sparah), ImpulseRC Reverb
Mavic Pro
SonicModell AR Wing
Frsky X-Lite + R9M Lite
Aomway Commanders
Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo9rqz1V6XIaU3xikNDzjKg

Offline Bajadre

• Site Sponsor
  • Liked: 211
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 08:45:30 »
I thought this was normal? I rang our council a few years ago about flying drones in parks and was told theres only 2 I could use legally in Bristol at the time luckily one of them was on my doorstep anyway lol and the other was aston court manor area which I used to fly a lot too.

only times ive been kicked off a area was when the farmer waited for us at the gate and asked us not to fly there anymore in a polite manner,i honestly thought it was public land as it had access to the canals by the side and dog walking area after speaking to the farmer he told me it was commercial land etc I never went back out of respect and that fact we had few there all year anyway haha :laugh: think the only reason he even noticed us was the fact his daughter walked her dog through the field that day and prob seen the gates we had put up for racing through.
Emax nighthawk 280,Emax x4,Blade 350qx3,dx6 (gen2),fatshark doms v2.

Offline Bajadre

• Site Sponsor
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 08:48:22 »
Well drones are banned over most of dartmoor.  That doesn't stop people flying it though!

From the BBC article:

"Under the policy, any person flying a drone or UAV in the council's parks or open spaces would be asked to stop immediately and leave the site, the BBC's Local Democracy Service reported."

That's ok then,  just come back the next day.  They're going to find this ban is largely unenforcable and unpolicable anyway.  And besides... who wants to go to Coventry to fly.  :tongue:

I used to think that too matey seeing as they cant even get to come out if your get mugged or get your house broken into lol  :thumbdown: seems when you fly in a safer flying area ie out in the sticks or countryside areas the police have very little to do apart from listening to the local nutter moaning about ufos being flown round his area so come out to check  :laugh:

Offline shawdreamer

• Liked: 827
  • Tricopter, one prop short of a Quadcopter
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2019, 08:55:55 »
Flights at Gatwick Airport were cancelled last month after alleged illegal drone activity at the airport.

strange how they keep forgetting to add that one word in these reports.

Ive still to see the evidence of ANY drone over Gatwick :shrug:
550 custom H-copter (redesigned)
zmr250
Reaper250 V.1
Podracer v2
zmr250Hybrid
250 Twinboard
Project Sparkie (under repair)
https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs

Offline Bajadre

• Site Sponsor
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2019, 10:12:18 »
well at least they have there super lazer systems in place now haha  :laugh:  :laugh: of course they cant use the death ray part but still at least its installed and ready....

Offline ched999uk

• Liked: 667
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2019, 12:55:04 »
Quote 'A council report stated "As a landowner and operator the council is likely to be held liable for any damage caused to people or property as a result of it allowing the flying of drones in its parks and open spaces." '
So they are either saying that any damage or loss on Council land is their responsibility or they are lying!!!!
i.e. parking in a Council car park and you car gets damaged you can claim from the Council !!!!! Interesting!!

So anyone in Coventry who suffers and loss or damage use this council report to claim for the damage!!!

Offline Andy7

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 830
    • The Tracker
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2019, 14:01:06 »
It someone breaks a leg runnng in the park or gets a football, frisbee, dog bite, nettle sting, graze, muddy shoes or pidgeon-related trauma.... the park is also responsible?

What if a child is running with scissors in their park as well?  :shrug:
ZMR200 | EMAX 2206 2300kv | XSRF4PO(BF) | FatShark Dom V3 | Spedix ES25 | 4S 1300mAh | 5045x3 PC HQ Props | FrSky QX7.
Hubsan X4 107 V2
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/AndySevern7

Offline Bad Raven

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2019, 14:33:43 »
To quote the ridiculous, the aforementioned park where flying RC was legal had bylaws that prohibited riding a bicycle and driving a golf ball and riding a horse.

I never quite managed driving a golf ball while while riding a bicycling horse................

Offline hoverfly

• Liked: 1244
  • Quads, lots of quads
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2019, 18:50:21 »
Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

Offline hoverfly

• Liked: 1244
  • Quads, lots of quads
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2019, 18:57:52 »
Quote 'A council report stated "As a landowner and operator the council is likely to be held liable for any damage caused to people or property as a result of it allowing the flying of drones in its parks and open spaces." '
So they are either saying that any damage or loss on Council land is their responsibility or they are lying!!!!
i.e. parking in a Council car park and you car gets damaged you can claim from the Council !!!!! Interesting!!

So anyone in Coventry who suffers and loss or damage use this council report to claim for the damage!!!

This was also used as one of  reason why i was  told i couldn't fly at the  White Horse hill.
Perhaps in retrospect they will compensate all those people who have had their cars broken into in the car park there. :shrug:
Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

Offline Bajadre

• Site Sponsor
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2019, 01:09:01 »
To quote the ridiculous, the aforementioned park where flying RC was legal had bylaws that prohibited riding a bicycle and driving a golf ball and riding a horse.

I never quite managed driving a golf ball while while riding a bicycling horse................

you laugh raven but other day was over the park with the rc car just chilling with a mate when this golf ball went whizzing past my head prob a 1metre away from clouting me I was livid  :o when this women strolled up and asked which way her ball had gone !! if it would of been a bloke I would of jawed him haha when  I asked her why she using proper golf balls on a public park and not those floaty practice balls people with common sense would use in a public park with kids playing  :hmm: she got defensive and strolled off the bloody cheek of it !!! some people shouldn't be allowed out in the day ffs  :banghead:

Offline shawdreamer

• Liked: 827
  • Tricopter, one prop short of a Quadcopter
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2019, 02:04:15 »
some people shouldn't be allowed out in the day ffs  :banghead:

she was that fugly? :hmm:
550 custom H-copter (redesigned)
zmr250
Reaper250 V.1
Podracer v2
zmr250Hybrid
250 Twinboard
Project Sparkie (under repair)
https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs

Offline Bad Raven

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2019, 06:32:15 »
People seem to think they have a right to do whatever wherever, don't they................ (Oh, bit close to home maybe there if unqualified with explanation)

Yesterday was flying a very large brightly coloured plane with quite competent grandson on buddy. We were practising missed approaches for his club test. He was on a fourth battery so we had been flying for well over an hour.

Bear in mind that we are on private land we pay (as a club) a large amount of money for. There are prominent notices on all access points. There are no inherent public access routes like footpaths, bridleway, etc.

A guy in maybe his 50's with dog off lead comes along close to the field edge, then getting close to us, despite a trodden path leading well behind us, veers right to go diagonally over the mown landing strip where we have for the past ten minutes been low passing and were on final approach to again.

I politely called to him to please not continue in that direction as he was walking into an area where he might be in danger.

He stopped, raised both arms into an exaggerated shrug, and replied  "well, where should I walk then?"

My reply was that he was on private land in an area clearly prohibited for public and clearly signed as used by low flying model aircraft, and that while he should not be here AT ALL, at the minimum he should keep to the field edges, so please turn around and keep to the field boundaries.

With that he huffed, turned 90 right, and walked diagonally facing and right into the path that the aircraft was on course for, forcing a go round. I doubt that was deliberate, he, like so many, being clearly brain dead and devoid of coherent thought.

Remember, this is in a long standing clearly defined location (since 1978) and I doubt he was anything other than local. It is no surprise then that defined public parks are at best a poor place for fast moving hard to see models flown by restricted vision goggle wearing people of unknown skill level.

I'm not aiming this at people here, but hope you can see the dilemma Councils face. It's obvious that driving a golf ball flat out around people on common access parkland is extremely dangerous, and is usually banned by long standing bylaw, and it is not as if there are a shortage of golf courses and ranges are there, yet still it is not an uncommon experience.  The park that I mention above has frequent visits by contractor "Rangers", a high cost to hard pressed Councils. I have seen them stopping "golfers" on quite a few occasions, and never seen a practice ball used.

The only time I saw them stopping a RC pilot was when said pilot was being a complete pillock.

Is a 80w 200g slow park flier plane with a 7" flexible plastic slow fly prop that can hover land a danger? Well, what about a 1200w 5kg scale Mustang with 18" razor sharp carbon prop that needs a straight t/o and landing zone of 200 metres minimum at around 30 mph?

YOU may be perfectly competent, but your presence likely encourages others that are not. It's not a simple matter, sadly.

Offline Hozza

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Liked: 277
  • Meh!

Offline ched999uk

• Liked: 667
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2019, 22:13:40 »
https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-council-drone-ban-15661512
I hope when they gather their data on the complaints about drones they also gather complaints against about dog owners not clearing up after their pets as it might be safer to ban them from parks?
Maybe smokers dropping litter, maybe football matches being a bit loud, the dangers of children falling over or being hurt on play equipment should also be investigated................

At least 'they will look at it' before bringing the ban in. Almost suggests they didn't bother looking if it was actually an issue at all.... Maybe someone with a done flew in a park that backs onto a councillors house??

I thought councils had a duty to provide recreational space?

It's all madness..........

Offline Bad Raven

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2019, 12:41:45 »
I thought councils had a duty to provide recreational space?

They do, but it does not have to be accessible or convenient or even practical.

A good example of this is in my large borough, dating back "forever", is the provision of a place for RC and other Model Boating.

My borough has LOADS of ponds and lakes. They provide a single place. It's a fully tube barrier edged small plot of land with a weedy and leaf covered tiny puddle right by busy traffic lights with all time double yellows for about a half mile minimum in any direction. No vehicle access.

So, provided, tick.

Offline pete678

• Liked: 8
  • My head is always in the clouds!!
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2019, 12:47:03 »
strange how they keep forgetting to add that one word in these reports.

Ive still to see the evidence of ANY drone over Gatwick :shrug:

EXACTLY!!!! it was supposed to be a commercial drone so you'd think hang on a sec and whip out your phone and take a quick snap, But NO....
no one actually saw one. same as the latest heathrow indecent!! complete and utter numptys the lot of them!! :banghead: