User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

MultiRotorUK ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • ched999uk: BR  ::)
    January 16, 2019, 22:26:54
  • Bad Raven: That's a warrnty claim if ever I heard one....
    January 16, 2019, 20:32:55
  • ched999uk: My 28 year old 12v 35w Weller soldering iron failed  :( I didn't fancy forking out £100 for a new one. Stripped it down and found conductor snapped in cable. 10Mins later all back working great. :smiley: ::) I am very happy!!
    January 16, 2019, 17:23:06
  • shawdreamer: "look up there....its a drone!.....and whats this noise?..... no.....no..... it cant be!....NOOOOOOOO.......OOOOOOOOOOOOOPS I DID IT AGAIN, I PLAYED WITH YOUR HEAR....."
    January 10, 2019, 14:17:24
  • shawdreamer: <starts downloading britney spears albums and preping his large frame to carry a PA system>
    January 10, 2019, 14:15:08
  • Bajadre: defo steveo :) we should get loads of drones together up there so how they handle more that one lol
    January 08, 2019, 19:39:07
  • steveo9007: its all a ploy to get who ever has won the contract for geofencing the airport in, i reckon  ::)
    January 08, 2019, 18:38:26
  • Bajadre: more lies hope they prepped the police staement already lol
    January 08, 2019, 18:27:49
  • Bad Raven: Take Offs resumed
    January 08, 2019, 18:24:45
  • steveo9007: yeah not good though is it..what will come out of this now its happened at both major airports  :o
    January 08, 2019, 18:05:13
  • Bad Raven: Planes still landing, appears take offs affected
    January 08, 2019, 18:02:47
  • steveo9007: newsflash people, drone sighting at Heathrow Airport  just received on news app..
    January 08, 2019, 17:54:07
  • shawdreamer: tsk x2, just checked my thingiverse messages too... another a8 owner asking if one of my designs would work with his printer.... I said no as its not fire proof.... now he seems confused :confused:
    January 05, 2019, 15:35:09
  • hoverfly: Some people,  he's probably heading for a Darwin award... :laugh:
    January 05, 2019, 13:58:53
  • shawdreamer: tsk.... a new Anet A8 owner asking for mod suggestions for his xmas first printer on thingiverse... I suggested a fire suppression system or atleast a wall mount for a fire extinguisher and smoke alarm..... he removed my post.... no helping some people :shrug:
    January 05, 2019, 12:42:05
  • Reman: I did double check it with a metre (Mainly because I knew if I didn't check the polarity this would be the time the manufacturer had gone off script and put the negative in the middle of the coax) and felt slightly cheated because it was only making 19.7 volts. :)
    January 04, 2019, 14:01:11
  • Bajadre: yeah heat and wring never a good thing only a matter of time :(
    January 04, 2019, 10:12:57
  • Bad Raven: Well, it should! Rated for 24v. Be careful, have you checked the PSU output?  Many psu that (say) are supposed to be 12v actually output 16-18v. Is your 20v actually less than 24v??
    January 04, 2019, 08:41:14
  • Reman: Just modified the cable on a 20V 7A PSU to connect to my TS100........ It.... Erm..... Heats up a bit quicker than it did on 12V. LOL !!!
    January 03, 2019, 20:04:11
  • Reman: I didn't try to taste it, but it gave off that kind of smell that gets you in the back of the throat. :)
    January 03, 2019, 16:18:35

Who's Online

Theme Selection

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: New to Drone Flying  (Read 700 times)

Offline steveo9007

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 12
Re: New to Drone Flying
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2019, 20:23:29 »
I use the goggles to view other people's vids on the forum  to get a more immersive view and for F.P.V. on planks and gliders. For photography I use an Ipad with the Mavic and Air.
Most people fly smaller racing quads with them as flying them line of sight is difficult  keeping orientation and avoiding obstacles.

interesting stuff, i use reading glasses so not sure if it would be a good idea for me, on my dive computer i have to put lenses in the lower half of my mask to be able to see the readings for me to dive safely..would they fit over small glasses perhaps ??

Offline hoverfly

• Liked: 1244
  • Quads, lots of quads
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2019, 21:14:59 »
Some of the box style gogs have adjustable lenses or are large enough to accommodate glasses.  Fatsharks  and some other similar sort have diopter inserts. If possible try before you buy, ask around there is probably someone who lives near you that  could let you try some.
Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

Online ched999uk

• Liked: 667
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2019, 23:36:13 »
interesting stuff, i use reading glasses so not sure if it would be a good idea for me, on my dive computer i have to put lenses in the lower half of my mask to be able to see the readings for me to dive safely..would they fit over small glasses perhaps ??
There arr a few goggles that enable you to use your glasses. These https://goo.gl/2NKZTu are the version 2 and I remember reading the review of the V1 saying that they can be used with glasses. The details in the site say they can be used with glasses.
Alternatively depending on your prescription these do +1.5 to -4 https://goo.gl/8mPwwB Review are not great as they are FatShark style at about a quarter of the price! So you can't expect them to be quite as good as Fatshark but they are very flyable. I have had mine a year and am happy with them. I normally wear glasses (-3 & -3.75) and I can get the focus good for me.

Offline Bad Raven

• Liked: 660
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2019, 08:56:27 »
I have a number used for myself and for an after school club I run (all bought by me), these include:-

Eachine EV100 Goggles (with DVR add-on)
HKing Quanum V2  (with Lumenier Receiver, and modded lensing)
Eachine 006 Headset (2 of - Rubbish, even for the money)
Eachine 007 Headset  (OK)
HKing Quanum Cyclops Headset (OK, and large enough for may glasses wearers)

and two other Headsets originally from GearBest that use a Car Reversing screen, unbranded and now no longer sold AFAICS.

I wear glasses for astigmatism. Many pupil members wear glasses.

Yes, some reviews of the EV100 are not inherently great, but personally I like them, and use them Indoors for all FPV. With CADDX cameras on the Whoops they give a excellent sharp well defined image.

I prefer larger screen headsets with wide angle Outdoors where I have a spotter/assist. My favourites are the much modded GearBest units that are focal length extended to suit my eyesight and very high quality (so expensive!) receivers added on top.  There is a trend to make all headsets "short" due weight leverage on the face I presume but many people have used my modded ones with varying eyesight and all have said they work well, yet they do not have adjustable focus!! To give some idea, the focal length of these are 50mm longer than as sold. This seems to put the screen in a more generally acceptable place.

Indoors though with a higher level of fitting and removal I prefer the lightweight EV100 goggles that will stay up on my forehead while I change battery, etc.  I have used them outside, and might all the time if I didn't already have the headsets. For the money they are very very good.

Have thought about buying the EV200 but like most other goggles they rely on insert diopters, not on board adjustment.

HTH

Offline steveo9007

« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2019, 16:29:47 »
thanks guys, will be doing some looking and reading on them before acquiring them.. ~~

Offline steveo9007

« Reply #35 on: Today at 16:25:39 »
Finished me jobs for work, so had a play with quad out of GPS mode..first time and it flies faster.. ~~

Online ched999uk

• Liked: 667
« Reply #36 on: Today at 16:50:30 »
That's interesting. If it were a 'normal' quad I would say the camera lens is too zoomed in. i.e. needs a wider angle lens. Plus a bit more uptilt as when you are flying forward all you can see is grass so it's difficult to see if you are level and see any upcoming obstacles.
It's a bit of a difficult one with the lens as it's great for photography but not great at general flying round. I guess the quad is really designed as a compromise between a photographic platform and a 'normal' quad.
Nice location and great to see flight footage at this time of year. I can't stand getting cold  :smiley:

Offline steveo9007

« Reply #37 on: Today at 17:46:40 »
Exactly Ched, when its not in GPS mode its nose is further down, when in GPS mode the speed is restricted to max 5 m/s so it doesn't tend to point downwards, the other disadvantage is that the camera is fixed into position can't me moved at all so no joy there unless i go for an externally mounted cam underslung to the body.

Location was not far from home a cool 9 degrees with not many clouds and a 17mph wind, might be why it was nose diving more to battle against the wind perhaps :hmm: