Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Saturday,September 28, 2024, 00:15:59

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
12 May 2024 08:13:51
 I have some F1 Abusemark boards going spare,,,,,,,,,,,,,    ;)    :azn
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:12:29
And with oldskool parts  :D
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:11:57
I must be the only one doing tricopters right now  :laugh:
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:09:30
 :D
Gaza07:
11 May 2024 21:15:16
Domain has been renewed closure has been cancelled  :D
Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,478
  • Total Topics: 20,271
  • Online today: 14
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 18
Total: 18

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Out of channels, options?

Started by tipsy trucker, Thursday,November 15, 2018, 21:24:27

Previous topic - Next topic

tipsy trucker

Using a flysky fsi6x and the receiver supplies with it ia6b? I have 10 channels

I'm using naza which I think uses 7 channels

I'll be fitting a buzzer (may need to change from sbus to pwm for that).

Landing gear's another channel

Then the 3axis gimbal which apparently has 4 channels but I'll probably only use 3.

So what can I do? I'm considering another set of radio gear just for the gimbal... or is there a better way?

ched

I think the naza uses just 5 channels but the mode switch is on ch7!!!
I used the ia10 rx I use pwm (1 servo cable per channel) 5 for direction and modes then 2 for my 3 axis gimbal (pitch and yaw, I don't need roll) and 1 for my 3 way video switch. So I use 8 channels using the pwm servo cables.

So as you don't need 3 way video sw and want an extra 2 for gimbal, no idea what the 4th is for, plus landing gear and buzzer so you need 11ch? I would drop the 4th for the gimbal as I can't think what that does unless it's for camera control of some sort, then you need 10ch and that's what you have.

Other than that you are stuck with the i6 tx as it only has 10 controls!!!! You can get extra channels out but I am not sure how you can control them.

If you really do need 11 or more channels you are going to have to go for a 16ch Taranis radio https://goo.gl/1veP6h at about £150 but as I don't know FrSky I have no idea what rx you would need.
I try :-)

mo_miah

The x9d+ is a great radio. Im no pro pilot but its great to use and setup. I got the spec ed carbon fibre pattern and it looks good. Got sliders on the front and sides which would be good to control the gimbals

tipsy trucker

The extra channel on the gimbal is for modes; lock/follow which I'd like to try but like you said - I don't need roll. Maybe I'll be lucky and squeeze in with 10

Bad Raven

Lateral Thinking.

Could you put the buzzer on a used channel that does not really matter in the event of needing buzzer, for example, the undercarriage is not down with quad armed for long, and if it has crashed extending the gear for a brief burst of buzzer might not be an issue.

Buzzer set to fire during disarm?

Must be a workround there somewhere.

apollo7

Naza only uses 5 chans, having a second TX for gimbal really complicates things, really you need 2 people, for a start i would forget retracts, yes they look cool but just imagine the damage from an unplanned landing with no gear down
Volantex Ranger 1600/2000, Ranger 1200 G2, Phoenix S 1600 AR900 Miniskyhunter, ZOHD Dart 635 and a few 680 batwings plus old faithful C1 chaser and a lot of eagletree guardians

tipsy trucker

Quote from: Bad Raven on Friday,November 16, 2018, 06:41:15
Lateral Thinking.

Could you put the buzzer on a used channel that does not really matter in the event of needing buzzer, for example, the undercarriage is not down with quad armed for long, and if it has crashed extending the gear for a brief burst of buzzer might not be an issue.

Buzzer set to fire during disarm?

Must be a workround there somewhere.

If I end up needing 11 channels, I think that may be the solution  ~~ I'm hoping to set the receiver's failsafe to put the gear down - which will also start the buzzer going, I'm also hoping to set it up so when I put the naza to f/s (rth) it'll put the gear down - could be a little irritating as it comes in to land but not the end of the world - if I can't live with it I'll maybe consider the taranis  :whistling:

ched

Just had a thought!!! There are only 2 rotary controls on i6 so surely that is gimbal pitch and yaw, so you don't really have a control for the 3rd axis of the gimbal!!!
So 4 for flight directions, 1 (3way) Flight modes, 2 rotary for gimbal, 1 for landing gear, and 1 for buzzer, so you have 1 switch left over!!!!!
Or have I missed something?

tipsy trucker

That's right, pitch and yaw - plus a switch for this lock/follow mode - I've no idea how well it'll work but I'd like to try it out. Is there a way to turn ioc off in naza?

ched

My memory of the Naza is a bit rusty but I think you can turn ioc off. I seem to remember it being in one of the screens but without getting my F450 out of it's box in the loft and plugging it in I can't see the assistant pages.

The Follow/Lock sounds interesting but I am not sure how that would work. i.e. I believe the way the DJI quads work is by looking at the camera image and tracking the movement. So a gimbal without a connection to a camera and some image analysis might be interesting.

tipsy trucker

My guess is it uses a gyro or compass to "see" when the aircraft is turning and does whatever it needs to to keep facing the same direction. We'll see.

Considering it's price, I think at best all I can hope is that it smoothes out my orbiting (and similar) a bit while I polish my technique

tipsy trucker

I bought the taranis!

First question though; is there a way to turn the neck strap eye 90 degrees?

I'm sure I can figure something out but always better to ask than risk breaking something; I've got a phone holder on the way that attaches to it but it needs to be vertical for that.

ched

Quote from: tipsy trucker on Tuesday,November 27, 2018, 09:15:04
I bought the taranis!

That counts me out  ::)
I know very little about Taranis but have a search on utube might help.

mo_miah

Quote from: tipsy trucker on Tuesday,November 27, 2018, 09:15:04
I bought the taranis!

First question though; is there a way to turn the neck strap eye 90 degrees?

I'm sure I can figure something out but always better to ask than risk breaking something; I've got a phone holder on the way that attaches to it but it needs to be vertical for that.

Which one did you get?
The eye can be rotated. Will need to loosen it by opening up the taranis. Pretty easy to do. And you can adjust the spring tension in the gimbals to how you want it while you have it open

tipsy trucker

Quote from: mo_miah on Tuesday,November 27, 2018, 21:03:07
Which one did you get?
The eye can be rotated. Will need to loosen it by opening up the taranis. Pretty easy to do. And you can adjust the spring tension in the gimbals to how you want it while you have it open

Thought that'd be the case, thankyou

I got the x9d plus, I really liked the carbon effect one but couldn't justify the extra cost - maybe I'll get the cover sometime.

I'm tempted to get the 900mhz bits too but, again, that can wait for now

mo_miah

Quote from: tipsy trucker on Wednesday,November 28, 2018, 11:23:00
Thought that'd be the case, thankyou

I got the x9d plus, I really liked the carbon effect one but couldn't justify the extra cost - maybe I'll get the cover sometime.

I'm tempted to get the 900mhz bits too but, again, that can wait for now

If you do go long range het the tbs crossfire. Every review I've seen that compares to two always ends with get the crossfire if you can