Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Tuesday,October 22, 2024, 09:34:49

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
12 May 2024 08:13:51
 I have some F1 Abusemark boards going spare,,,,,,,,,,,,,    ;)    :azn
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:12:29
And with oldskool parts  :D
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:11:57
I must be the only one doing tricopters right now  :laugh:
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:09:30
 :D
Gaza07:
11 May 2024 21:15:16
Domain has been renewed closure has been cancelled  :D
Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,482
  • Total Topics: 20,271
  • Online today: 12
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 10
Total: 10

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

New Octo Build / Best Camera

Started by boblakelly, Friday,March 31, 2017, 22:46:59

Previous topic - Next topic

boblakelly

Hi ladies and gents,

Thought I would join a forum to maybe get some ideas. I have been a avid DJI fan from day literally day one, I have owned and flown near enough every single DJI from phantoms upto the Inspire range.

This time however for our great welsh summer weather (LOL) I decided to go and build my own Octocopter as was sick of being limited, I liked the idea of getting a better camera in the air. So I went and purchased a Tarot X8 airframe which may I ad is frigging massive, I got all my motors, props, ESC all 8 of everything unfortunately, upgraded all the screws to stainless steel as the factory ones are poopy. I have a DJI A2 controller and I am going to get the DJI Lightbridge 2 with controller to fly it for ease as that is the controller I am use too.

My main question is has anyone got any ideas on what is the best camera to get up in the air, I would like a dslr or something similar, was looking at something in the canon range with about £5-600 to spend on it that has the capability to have remote shutter etc.

Any help would be appreciated

#imayhaveaskedtoomuchinmyfirstnewbiepost

Regards
Bob   

JeremyE

Will you be taking still shots mainly or video?

boblakelly

Mainly stills, but if the cameras could hold up to short video clips then the option is there,

JeremyE

With the lightbridge 2, you have the options of using the following:

- DJI X3
- DJI X5

But if you already have a gimbal, then you have the options the Sony mirrorless range too.

boblakelly

Yeah I have a gimbal already, it has the ability to take multiple cameras. My question was, I am not sure what camera to stick up in the air which is compatible and has hdmi out, the ability to take remote shutter etc.

I can only assume that most DSLR have that ability, looking at something in the range of the following as I dont want massively expensive but enough MP to get nice clear shots:

Nikon D3300
Nikon D3400
Nikon D5300

Not quite sure what would be best.

JeremyE

Most go with the Sony mirrorless as their video quality is exceptional in comparison. The likes of the A6000 or A6300 (a bit more than your range) would be great. Their burst mode is also bettar than the nikon budget range.

I have the Nikon D7000 but would probably change it for a mirrorless if i was gonna spend the cash.

boblakelly

Ahhhh ok, thank you for your help, very much appreciated, already looking in the ones you suggested :)