Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Tuesday,October 22, 2024, 19:08:21

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
12 May 2024 08:13:51
 I have some F1 Abusemark boards going spare,,,,,,,,,,,,,    ;)    :azn
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:12:29
And with oldskool parts  :D
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:11:57
I must be the only one doing tricopters right now  :laugh:
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:09:30
 :D
Gaza07:
11 May 2024 21:15:16
Domain has been renewed closure has been cancelled  :D
Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,482
  • Total Topics: 20,271
  • Online today: 12
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 15
Total: 15

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Newbie - prop fitting and removal

Started by Hereinmyownskin, Saturday,March 25, 2017, 18:54:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereinmyownskin

Hi,
I';m new to quadcopter flying. I';ve got an Eachine 250 and have been getting used to flying it. I';ve got King Kong props which don';t seem to fit on the motor shaft. I have been enlarging the inside of the prop with a drill piece. However I';m still finding the fit tight. Is this normal to need to increase the bore of the prop?
Then when I';m taking the props off they are so tight I';m using a screwdriver and wedging it into the motor in order to be able to get enough leverage to unscrew. I';m definitely damaging the motor and I';m hoping I';m doing something wrong! Can anyone offer any advice?
Thanks!
Phil.

Elmattbo

Try a different set of props. Usually prop shafts are 5mm but the tolerances on some brands are quite tight. I';ve not used King Kong props but I started out with gemfans and I used to cut my hands to ribbons on broken prop hubs as they were so tough to get off. Dal props are cheap and work fine - have a look at surveilzone.com.
You won';t be doing any damage but it';s not ideal as the tiny little chips of paint and metal off the motors will drop into the windings. It';s unlikely to cause a short but they will find them selves onto the the magnets and cause wear in the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAKM05Pl2P83gaE9EEVfFvw"]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAKM05Pl2P83gaE9EEVfFvw[/url]

hoverfly

Bin the props and get some with the correct bore. Props can be reamed  out but if not done very carefully its easy to get them out of balance.
Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

Bajadre

agree with the guys I usually buy DALs or HQs and never had to ream them etc remember buying packs last year they came with spacers but never used them.
Emax nighthawk 280,Emax x4,Blade 350qx3,dx6 (gen2),fatshark doms v2.

Ern Stock

Yes , agree , dals seem to have a nice bore these days.
Previously have used a 3/16 (4.8mm) file , gently passed through the bore once or twice .
Available as std (325) chainsaw file at garden machinery store for £1

Hereinmyownskin

Thanks guys for your super fast replies! Any recommended sites to buy from in the UK?

Bajadre

Usually buy from

fastlads
makeitbuildit.co.uk
electricwingman.co.uk

and www.hobbyrc.co.uk do some great deals on props  ~~
Emax nighthawk 280,Emax x4,Blade 350qx3,dx6 (gen2),fatshark doms v2.

Ern Stock

xxpitt

rather than just trying to pull the prop straight off try unwide it off, does help if you get a particularly stubborn prop