Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Sunday,October 20, 2024, 13:56:09

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
12 May 2024 08:13:51
 I have some F1 Abusemark boards going spare,,,,,,,,,,,,,    ;)    :azn
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:12:29
And with oldskool parts  :D
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:11:57
I must be the only one doing tricopters right now  :laugh:
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:09:30
 :D
Gaza07:
11 May 2024 21:15:16
Domain has been renewed closure has been cancelled  :D
Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,481
  • Total Topics: 20,271
  • Online today: 14
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 12
Total: 13

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

How to Diagnose a problem? Wobble.

Started by Cynabal, Monday,February 20, 2017, 20:43:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Cynabal

Hi guys my drone has developed a mild wobble, at first I thought it was ground effect, so I went higher and it was still doing it, then I thought it might be the wind so I took it in the house and its still got a little wobble going on, its not bad but it wasn';t there last time I flew, I';ve attached 2 videos so you can see.

whats the best way to go about diagnosing the problem?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRzmHSxc1dU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSVCEmX7RFM  <-- 16-21 seconds it does it clearly in front of the door.

dirtyharry

stick it in your hand , autolevel on , 1/4 throttle and then pitch each corner down to see if you have a vibration problem.

If its got cleanflight  or similar software you can also do this on the "motor" page.

Cheredanine

Some of these are gonna seem basic, but they catch us all

1. Have you changed any config ?
2. Have you changed anything physical?
3. If the answer to above is both no, check the build, there is high frequency oscillations in a quadcopter, bolts and nuts can very easily come lose, check EVERYTHING is properly tightened (to be honest this would be my first gues)
4. Wear and tear - are the props unbalanced? Are the motors unbalanced/ is there any vertical play in the bells?
5. Do you have a bb log?

Cynabal

Checked over everything seems tight, the motors are pretty crummy tho loads of play in the bearings, Vibration doesn';t feel that bad tho, ive got some rubber FC mounts I';m going to fit and see if that helps. I watched my older video and it was kinda doing the same thing. so I';m just going to fly it until something gives out or I crash it, then get some new motors.

Cheredanine

Soft mounting will help, if you had a bb log you could also adjust soft filters to compensate.
Potentially stripping and reseating the bell may help or replacing the bearings but if your motors have play they are gonna increasingly cause this issue. If cash is the issue something cheap and cheerful like racestars may be the way to go, delivery would take a while but 22 quid for a set of 4

http://www.banggood.com/4X-Racerstar-2205-BR2205-2300KV-2-4S-Brushless-Motor-2-CW-2-CCW-For-QAV250-ZMR250-260-Multirotor-p-1066837.html?rmmds=search

nub

Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

Cynabal

They look pretty decent, Cash isn';t really an issue I just don';t want to pay a lot for something I';m possible going to break while i learn to fly better  :smiley:

Changing the bearings is another idea i might try.

Quote from: nub on Monday,February 20, 2017, 23:34:42
is that in autolevel mode?

Yes it is bud.

Cheredanine

Trust me even when you get better you break a lot :)

nub

that';s probably part of the problem, though crappy bearings won';t help matters but auto level mode in my experience when i used to use them always seemed to have a little wibble wobble about then when hovering about.
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

Cheredanine

Quote from: nub on Monday,February 20, 2017, 23:40:14
that';s probably part of the problem, though crappy bearings won';t help matters but auto level mode in my experience when i used to use them always seemed to have a little wibble wobble about then when hovering about.
Absolutely agree mate but wouldn';t expect that to change between flights without a config for firmware change

nub

true, forgot aboot that part after watching the video, what is it a nighthawk or something?

just buy a 1/2 decent set of motors instead of replacing the bearings, not worth the hassles.
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

Cynabal

Ok just got done stripping the motors down, pretty funny the bearings weren';t even pressed in flush :huh, and to make matters worse the Stators weren';t even pressed into the housing flush either lol, so I got some small sockets put it in my mini vice and gently pressed everything flush, my god what a difference, the play and wobble in the bell has almost gone! crazy how much difference it has made. Oh and the set screws holding the bell into the shaft were coming loose too!

nub

fs sounds like they were about to fall apart :laugh: lucky to catch it before something happened in flight.
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

Cynabal

Quote from: nub on Tuesday,February 21, 2017, 09:44:40
fs sounds like they were about to fall apart :laugh: lucky to catch it before something happened in flight.

Pretty much lol, Turns out it was some dodgy props also not helping matters, it settled down alot with better props.

Cheredanine

Lol well cheap isn';t always bad but shout when you want something decent.
Good job