Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Wednesday,October 02, 2024, 23:24:39

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
12 May 2024 08:13:51
 I have some F1 Abusemark boards going spare,,,,,,,,,,,,,    ;)    :azn
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:12:29
And with oldskool parts  :D
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:11:57
I must be the only one doing tricopters right now  :laugh:
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:09:30
 :D
Gaza07:
11 May 2024 21:15:16
Domain has been renewed closure has been cancelled  :D
Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,479
  • Total Topics: 20,271
  • Online today: 27
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 21
Total: 21

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Which budget camera: Mobius or Runcam?

Started by linners, Wednesday,January 04, 2017, 14:39:22

Previous topic - Next topic

linners

Hi all

I';ve had a good scour on ';tint';net and come accross these 2 - has anyone on here got any other recommendations for a half decent cheap camera?

TIA

GdLookinMingeR

I have had both but overall I prefer the runcam
This was far better with dark spots when live fpv through it.

IMO
Jay
Carbon Tricopter with KK2 mini because you have to own a Tri and Falcon Evo FPV (rebuild again) with fatshark 600mw vtx & pz2040 cam. New addition (hidden from the missus!) 250 quad.

Cheredanine

Actually there are three, you are missing the foxeer legend,
However no opinion, seen reviewers like all three, I wouldn';t sweat it too much

linners

Quote from: Cheredanine on Wednesday,January 04, 2017, 20:15:55
Actually there are three, you are missing the foxeer legend,
However no opinion, seen reviewers like all three, I wouldn';t sweat it too much

Hmmmm - never came accross that on my search - thanks  ~~
All things being much of a muchness, price will dictate final choice

Revs

The Legend is comparable to the Runcam HD2, being 1080p60, though the HD2 is a bit more costly. The Mobius and Runcam HD are both 1080p30 and are about half the price.

I';d strongly recommend paying the extra and getting a cam capable of 1080p60, you need 60fps for quads IMO.

BlueFlyer

I agree with Revs, you definitely need a 60fps cam on anything that changes direction as quickly as a quad does.

The mobius was a game changer and really paved the way for the likes of the RunCam2 HD.

My personal preference of the three currently in discussion is the RunCam2 HD. It has been flawless for me, and I like that you can actually remove the LiPo easily (hatch on the back, no need to take the whole case apart) and actually use the cam without the battery if you';ve got it hooked up to your aircraft.

Oh, and it can accept at least up to 4S LiPo so there';s no specific need for a dedicated BEC, it has it';s own built in regulator to drop the votage down when powered via the USB port.

Revs

Quote from: BlueFlyer on Wednesday,January 04, 2017, 22:52:48
I agree with Revs, you definitely need a 60fps cam on anything that changes direction as quickly as a quad does.

The mobius was a game changer and really paved the way for the likes of the RunCam2 HD.

My personal preference of the three currently in discussion is the RunCam2 HD. It has been flawless for me, and I like that you can actually remove the LiPo easily (hatch on the back, no need to take the whole case apart) and actually use the cam without the battery if you';ve got it hooked up to your aircraft.

Oh, and it can accept at least up to 4S LiPo so there';s no specific need for a dedicated BEC, it has it';s own built in regulator to drop the votage down when powered via the USB port.

They also tough as old boots. I';ve crashed and broken arms, bent motors, dented lipos and ripped off antenna. The HD2 never misses a beat. I got mine a few days after release so it';s no spring chicken either.

BlueFlyer

RunCam2 HD, now only £53.15 when you use coupon code 22fpv at the checkout

http://www.banggood.com/RunCam-2-RunCam2-HD-1080P-120-Degree-Wide-Angle-WiFi-FPV-Camera-p-1017010.html

It';s a no brainer for anyone looking for this kind of form factor HD cam really.

BlueFlyer

Plus if you register with Top Cashback, you get money back on purchases.

linners

Guys

Thanks for all the info  ~~

@BlueFlyer:  I went for the RunCam on the BG linky that you sent  ~~  ~~

Just got to wait for my replacement props to arrive so I can go fly and get some vids

Two-Six

Good buying tip there Blueflyer.  How did you know about the coupon code?

I have been looking at the Foxeer Ledgend2, I didn';t know the runcam had a version 2 out. 

I would have bought a Foxeer2 already BUT

Neither camera has any PC/Windows available for them....So Far....As far as I can tell and they have been out for a while now.

I don';t have a smart phone and I really don';t want one.  :thumbdown:

So that means that without one I can';t really use the cameras or adjust them by the looks of things.

Any comments about when Windows software will be available for them?
Nighthawk Pro, Trex 450 L Dominator 6 cell *FLOWN*, Blade 450-3D, MCPX-BL, MCPX-V2, Hubsan X4, Seagull Boomerang IC .40 trainer, HK Bixler, AXN Clouds fly,, Spektrum DX7, Taranis, AccuRC

Revs

Quote from: Two-Six on Thursday,January 05, 2017, 11:34:48
Any comments about when Windows software will be available for them?

On the RuncamHD2 many (not all) of the options can be adjusted using the buttons on the cam by using the video out, which has an OSD. Other options are set using an android device.

Firmware updates can be done using the mSD card and a Windows PC.

EDIT:
http://youtu.be/Te5-oBL89JY

philtrum

Quote from: linners on Wednesday,January 04, 2017, 22:08:34
Hmmmm - never came accross that on my search - thanks  ~~
All things being much of a muchness, price will dictate final choice

I';ve just put the legend camera on sale if thats any use to you ?
http://makeitbuildit.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=561

you can also remote start/stop recording using a servo lead into your rx ;)

Cheers
Phil
Many Thanks
Phil
[url="//www.makeitbuildit.co.uk"]www.makeitbuildit.co.uk[/url]