Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Sunday,September 29, 2024, 12:16:15

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
12 May 2024 08:13:51
 I have some F1 Abusemark boards going spare,,,,,,,,,,,,,    ;)    :azn
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:12:29
And with oldskool parts  :D
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:11:57
I must be the only one doing tricopters right now  :laugh:
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:09:30
 :D
Gaza07:
11 May 2024 21:15:16
Domain has been renewed closure has been cancelled  :D
Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,478
  • Total Topics: 20,271
  • Online today: 23
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 15
Total: 15

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Locators? Fly away / crash etc

Started by ched, Friday,December 02, 2016, 20:15:41

Previous topic - Next topic

ched

Just tried a quick search for locators and nothing seemed to jump out.
I was wondering if there is anything decent, hopefully cheapish,  to assist in locating a fly away or a hidden quad after a crash?

Cheers
I try :-)

Saleem

Loc8tor mate,as long as its fastened where it wont get smashed or split open and you check it at the site your gonna fly at to be sure its working it will locate your quad as long as your close to where it came down.it will help you locate your quad where you didnt think it came down,just google it and youtube,i got it for £40 off ebay with 2 tabs,saved my bacon couple of times.

Also flytron strobon standalone,its ultra bright standalone strobe,it will catch your eye as long as its not hidden so place it tacticaly to get seen,also serves as warning.also brighten up your quad with colorful shrink wrap,white tape,flying is the enjoyment,you cant see the quad while flying so get garish!

Eye catching prop colors!
:smiley:

shawdreamer

550 custom H-copter (redesigned)
zmr250
gLowRider250
SlimBuild250
zmrReaper250
250 Twinboard
Project Sparkie
[url="https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs"]https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs[/url]

kilby

There';s a few choices.

I didn';t find loc8tors that useful when our cat went missing for a while (less that 100 metres away) and prefer something with a better range

I have one of these http://rcbeacon.com/

And there are these too which are especially useful for those machines with GPS onboard https://youtu.be/pahVCV534NY

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Not much kit, but what I have I like
Armattan Tilt 2, Morphite 180, Quark 150, Decapitated NanoQX
Taranis+

richardg6paj

I also have an RCbeacon. Very good. But these are brilliant.
http://tbeacon.org/

nate80

For long range flight, typically fitted with GPS, such as my Phantom I use a ReachFar rf-v16 gps tracker. I put a giffgaff pay as you go sim in it and it allows me to track it by cell tower triangulation and gps position via an app or by texting it. It also keys you call it and speak over it, or silently listen in. And it has an sos button incase a passer by finds it. One press has it call, text and send it';s Gps location to my phone.

For local closer proximity flying I use a standard audible alarm that I can set up to initiate if the signal to the tx is broken or when I flick a predetermined switch on the transmitter.

Never had any issues with either solution and both are cheap. Just got to remember to text the giffgaff sim once every 6 months to keep it active and keep my one off £10 top up in place.

Saleem

The idea of loc8tor isnt to help you find a quad or item from 100m away,its mainly for use in your home or close vacinity,so if you know your quad went down in a field you can walk the filed,activate the handset,as long as the tab is functioning,as soon as you get within an acceptable distane,might be 10m or more,it will activate the tab,then it gives you directional indicator,it will definately find the quad.i have found the wuad 10mish from where i actualy thought it went down.

Its not for locating itema at long range,its for finding them at close range,which makes sense realy.
:smiley:

kilby

Well aware of what loc8tors are supposed to do and they aren';t great at it, a couple of hedges and some long grass is enough to put out cat into undetectable mode 50 feet away.

After 2 flyaways I have become a firm believer in having something that covers my ass ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Not much kit, but what I have I like
Armattan Tilt 2, Morphite 180, Quark 150, Decapitated NanoQX
Taranis+

hoverfly

I have a Loc8tor and found its range  to be quite good, i dumped a Funjet in the middle of a rapeseed crop, plants were chest high but the  tracker picked up the bug at about 40 yards , worst bit was getting scratched to bits fighting my way through th stems, shorts and a t-shirt is no protection.  :cry
Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....