Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Monday,September 30, 2024, 16:34:30

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
12 May 2024 08:13:51
 I have some F1 Abusemark boards going spare,,,,,,,,,,,,,    ;)    :azn
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:12:29
And with oldskool parts  :D
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:11:57
I must be the only one doing tricopters right now  :laugh:
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:09:30
 :D
Gaza07:
11 May 2024 21:15:16
Domain has been renewed closure has been cancelled  :D
Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,478
  • Total Topics: 20,271
  • Online today: 12
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 14
Total: 14

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Advice - Opportunities

Started by Mooch, Monday,November 21, 2016, 14:31:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooch

Hi all.

Obviously I';m new here and wanted to get some advice form you all.

I run a small yet successful recruitment company and I am always looking for something new that is kind of neglected I guess you could say.

From what I understand there could well be a boom in the UAV jobs market in the next few years. I have heard figures ranging from 1000 to 3000 jobs being created in the UK. I take it all with a pinch of salt.

Im keeping this brief but do you feel that your industry would benefit from a UAV Recruiter, a bridge from client to candidate, contract and permanent positions?

I am at the early stages at the moment hence me being here but I am considering creating a division within my organisation that is dedicated to this.

I look forward to reading your comments.

Cheredanine

I doubt a career in UAVs would match my earnings as a technical architect so without any agenda, I have seen professional pilots on here whose opinion I trust and who frequently help others say unless you are at the top of the list there is not really enough work to keep people fully employed.

As such it would seem to be a very small marketplace and you are probably looking at part time or contract

jamesb72

I suspect the majority of employers would look to train existing staff to add uavs to business as they already have domain experience.

The market for full time uav technicians is super niche and probably always will be as the choice and capabilities available from off the shelf easy to fly uavs is growing so fast.

It could get you some publicity to be the first uav recruitment agency which could be enough of a reason to do it but i doubt it will be a source of much commission.

Mooch

Thanks both.

I totally appreciate that many people on here will have other trades/careers that will always be the main if not only source of income.

For example, A key area we recruit for is fintech. We see a trend now where more and more employers look to contractors to fulfil certain work rather than develop current staff. This is simply because we are not in the 1960';s where people had a job for life and were loyal to there own company. Im not saying all organisations are the same but many do not develop a team for what could be a competitors benefit in the not so distant future.

I as a Director look at trends and take on board what is being said amongst some of the larger organisations. I hear more and more of construction and agriculture wanting to integrate the use of UAVs more. Media is old I know but its becoming the norm. Environmental/Conservation, Engineering, Delivery.

You can probably list more than me but do you see the use of UAVs becoming more common in commercial use and "good" pilots in more demand than say they was only 18 months ago?

H_Simpson

This is off the core of your post mooch I know, but it';s one of my main criticisms of modern workplace ethics, is to expect somebody else to pay for your trained staff.  Speaking as somebody who has shown 10 years of loyalty to an educational establishment (cash strapped) and has received precious little training, one has to wonder how one is meant to progress in life without boat hopping through ones career?  In my opinion, loyalty is worth rewarding, which will always yield benefits for any employer, but perhaps I';m just old fashioned.

P.s back on topic, I welcome folk who engender careers in this industry, at whatever level, and there will be openings in the future (if we can find countries to trade with ;-)) for careers in all levels from operators to R&D.  I suppose that for a lot of media companies, existing trades will fill most of these opportunities though?

orfordness

Quote from: H_Simpson on Tuesday,November 22, 2016, 11:32:58
This is off the core of your post mooch I know, but it';s one of my main criticisms of modern workplace ethics, is to expect somebody else to pay for your trained staff.  Speaking as somebody who has shown 10 years of loyalty to an educational establishment (cash strapped) and has received precious little training, one has to wonder how one is meant to progress in life without boat hopping through ones career?  In my opinion, loyalty is worth rewarding, which will always yield benefits for any employer, but perhaps I';m just old fashioned.

P.s back on topic, I welcome folk who engender careers in this industry, at whatever level, and there will be openings in the future (if we can find countries to trade with ;-)) for careers in all levels from operators to R&D.  I suppose that for a lot of media companies, existing trades will fill most of these opportunities though?
IT in Education? same here NM for a large secondary Grammar in Kent
DJI Mavic Pro
Tarot 680 Pro Hex
450 (Flamewheel clone) x 4
Hubsan X4
CS022 Mini Quad

H_Simpson

Quote from: orfordness on Tuesday,November 22, 2016, 14:07:10
IT in Education? same here NM for a large secondary Grammar in Kent

Ye-ep!  I';m snr IT tech, or was until they demoted me a few months ago.  They';ve just dispensed with our NM, just drifting into oblivion now.  Oh well, it';s a job I suppose!