Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Saturday,October 05, 2024, 10:22:17

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
12 May 2024 08:13:51
 I have some F1 Abusemark boards going spare,,,,,,,,,,,,,    ;)    :azn
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:12:29
And with oldskool parts  :D
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:11:57
I must be the only one doing tricopters right now  :laugh:
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:09:30
 :D
Gaza07:
11 May 2024 21:15:16
Domain has been renewed closure has been cancelled  :D
Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,479
  • Total Topics: 20,271
  • Online today: 21
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 16
Total: 17

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Zipline drones

Started by hoverfly, Friday,October 14, 2016, 13:28:45

Previous topic - Next topic

hoverfly

Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

Powernumpty

Had thoughts about "targeted delivery" and "laser guided suppositories" but then remembered this a family friendly forum so thought better of it.

Great to see robotics being used for good, we';ll get the "Terrorist deterrent" ones first, I predict everything inside the M25 will be blanket monitored in five years, we';'; know about it in ten.

Cheredanine

I wander how they will keep them under 250g, 50ft, closer than 100ft and under 52kmh? Oh the can';t? Oh well EASA must be right, gues the people will have to die through lack of medication

hoverfly

Quote from: Powernumpty on Saturday,October 15, 2016, 10:52:36
Had thoughts about "targeted delivery" and "laser guided suppositories" but then remembered this a family friendly forum so thought better of it.

Great to see robotics being used for good, we';ll get the "Terrorist deterrent" ones first, I predict everything inside the M25 will be blanket monitored in five years, we';'; know about it in ten.
Suppositories, (laser guided or otherwise) are useless, my doc told me to bung one up the back passage every morning .
Well we don';t have a back passage so i put them on the kitchen windowsill, for all the good it did i might as well have shoved them up my @rse. :embarrassed
Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

Two-Six

Looks like there is mega cash going into this project judging by all the SUV';s at that landing demo they had in that video.  That recovery system and the launcher  look really expensive too.

Why not just give that aircraft wheels and scratch a strip in the dirt with an old mattress at the end of it?  Much cheaper.

How much for a one delivery?  A couple of thousand creds?

Why not jut put that cash into a proper blood delivery network?

I guess cos its poor-old Rawanda.  They obviously don';t need conventional public infrastructure.

No they need a multi-million cred investment in a ridiculously over-blown sci-fi solution not boring old 4x4';s, electricity, refrigeration and roads. 

It must be much easier to funnel huge amounts of cash into the hands of a small number of people with this super-fancy solution.    ~~

Nighthawk Pro, Trex 450 L Dominator 6 cell *FLOWN*, Blade 450-3D, MCPX-BL, MCPX-V2, Hubsan X4, Seagull Boomerang IC .40 trainer, HK Bixler, AXN Clouds fly,, Spektrum DX7, Taranis, AccuRC

guest325

It looks a quite nice way of doing it to me. The Launcher is not difficult or expensive to make, it could be made from a quite simple air powered cannon to drive the launcher platform; but I agree that the arrestor system is a bit OTT, it only really needs to be Cargo net.
The use of a simple parachute to deliver the goods is OK provided it has enough range for the return trip. Using a fixed wing with two small(ish) motors will be more efficient than a Multi-rotor especially if it has intelligent use of the motors i.e. powers down when it can glide.
The biggest hurdle I see a has already been said is making it legally useable.