Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Monday,October 07, 2024, 22:20:40

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
12 May 2024 08:13:51
 I have some F1 Abusemark boards going spare,,,,,,,,,,,,,    ;)    :azn
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:12:29
And with oldskool parts  :D
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:11:57
I must be the only one doing tricopters right now  :laugh:
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:09:30
 :D
Gaza07:
11 May 2024 21:15:16
Domain has been renewed closure has been cancelled  :D
Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,479
  • Total Topics: 20,271
  • Online today: 28
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 6
Total: 6

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Bringing cases before the jury.

Started by nate80, Thursday,September 15, 2016, 15:14:35

Previous topic - Next topic

nate80

Flight cases that is!   ::)

I quickly got fed up with my quads sliding and bashing about the boot of my car so I decided to build each one its own home.  Makes them real easy to store in the house too, which is another bonus.

I looked about and realised that pre-built cases for my quads either didn';t exist at all, were expensive, or were actually universal cases and often didn';t offer the shapes I wanted.  So many cases advertised for a specific quad were just standard cases that were actually a one-size-fits-all - except they didn';t fit.  And loads expected you to take the quad apart (guards, legs and props off) to be able to close the lid, which I couldn';t be dealing with every time I wanted to fly.  So I decided to make them myself using empty flight cases from eBay and Maplin (they had a sale on) and a load of various thicknesses and sizes of packing foam, both flat and egg-box shaped.

Here';s the results.   :smiley:

Revell Micro Quad

[attach=1]

[attach=2]

Syma X5SC Quad

[attach=3]

[attach=4]

Walkera Google2';s

[attach=5]

[attach=6]

I bought a pre-made case for my Walkera Runner 250 and Phantom 3 Advanced, so I haven';t bothered showing them here.  And I made a case for my Cheerson CX-20 a while ago and shared it in an old thread, so I haven';t shown that either.  Oh, and the Black Widow 260 came with it';s own case, so I';ve ignored that one here too.

Slayer23

I want a wooden packing crate for mine i can always double it up as a coffing for she who must be obeyed
Mr,Mr, Can I have a go
please, please, please
oh did you want to hit that tree
shoulda let me have a go Mr I wouldn't have let it go that far I cant see it past 30m
bet you wish you had let me have a go no Mr
EH ??? Don't You ? Mr

Bajadre

Looking good mate  ~~ may have to check out maplins, really need a case for my fatsharks and tx  now
Emax nighthawk 280,Emax x4,Blade 350qx3,dx6 (gen2),fatshark doms v2.

Two-Six

Good cases from Maplin, tidy work too.  How do you cut the foam?  I find cutting foam neatly really hard. 

However, I have just acquired some more estate agent signs (I asked first  ;) ) so I might make a case for my quad with them.

Its quite a good material for this, strong and light.

Nighthawk Pro, Trex 450 L Dominator 6 cell *FLOWN*, Blade 450-3D, MCPX-BL, MCPX-V2, Hubsan X4, Seagull Boomerang IC .40 trainer, HK Bixler, AXN Clouds fly,, Spektrum DX7, Taranis, AccuRC

nate80

Quote from: Bajadre on Thursday,September 15, 2016, 16:00:28
Looking good mate  ~~ may have to check out maplins, really need a case for my fatsharks and tx  now

Cheers mate.  They had a sale on the set of 3 flight cases and a couple of single carry cases a few weeks back.  Otherwise eBay, hobby king and bang good can usually hook you up.

Quote from: Fletch on Thursday,September 15, 2016, 17:02:50
This is the one i want - http://store.lowepro.com/quadguard-bp-x2

"Let';s do this!"    :rofl:

That';s a nice looking backpack for carrying about daily.  I';m sure if I threw it in the back of the car quad would get mangled in no time though.

nate80

Quote from: Two-Six on Thursday,September 15, 2016, 17:36:49
Good cases from Maplin, tidy work too.  How do you cut the foam?  I find cutting foam neatly really hard. 

However, I have just acquired some more estate agent signs (I asked first  ;) ) so I might make a case for my quad with them.

Its quite a good material for this, strong and light.

The cases were £25 for a set of 3 I think.  The Goggle2';s are in the smallest case and the Syma is in the largest.  I kept the middle sized for a new project.   :azn   They';re nice and strong.

I just cut the foam by hand with a snap-off craft knife from the pound shop!  It took patience and a very steady and straight hand, but it was worth it I reckon.  The glueing was the hardest part tbh.  I used a foam fabricators spray glue that comes out the can like unbelievably sticky webbing.  Once two glue-coated pieces of foam have touched together it';s almost impossible to get them apart without tearing them.  Sticks good and proper.

What a great idea - estate agent signs!   :cool:   I can definitely see Plexi board working well.  Might try that in the future.  Let us know how you get on.   ~~

Fletch

Quote from: nate80 on Thursday,September 15, 2016, 17:38:36 That';s a nice looking backpack for carrying about daily.  I';m sure if I threw it in the back of the car quad would get mangled in no time though.

It';s a Lowe Pro case, I promise you it won';t get bashed up, I';ve used then for my laptop';s and SLRs for years and used them for going offshore where they just get abused, your car boot will not be a big challenge for it!

nate80

Quote from: Fletch on Thursday,September 15, 2016, 18:34:12

It';s a Lowe Pro case, I promise you it won';t get bashed up, I';ve used then for my laptop';s and SLRs for years and used them for going offshore where they just get abused, your car boot will not be a big challenge for it!

I';m talking about the quad being positioned on the outside of the bag - like in the video.  London public transport would be a challenge for it!

Fletch

It';s not ... That';s for a third quad!  You can fit one inside with props, 2 inside without ...

nate80

Sorry but, yes, it is.     :laugh:   ;)

The majority of my quads wouldn';t fit inside the lowepro bag.  I';d need to utilise the outer strap area, and then the quad would get damaged.  So for my needs it isn';t any good.

It looks like a good bag for those it does suit though, and I';m glad it works well for you.   ::)

raptorman0

Droneguard may be the one for larger quads.
I really want to get hold of a quadguard BP-X2 but they aren';t available in Europe at all
Contacted Lowepro Uk who said they would not be selling them

Bad Raven

I use cheap transparent food containers with snap on lids, lined with small bubble wrap.  There';s a huge range of sizes.  I keep the cheaper Tx';s in them, too.

Before that I used shoe boxes, boot boxes, etc.............   ;)