Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,October 17, 2024, 20:31:42

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
12 May 2024 08:13:51
 I have some F1 Abusemark boards going spare,,,,,,,,,,,,,    ;)    :azn
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:12:29
And with oldskool parts  :D
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:11:57
I must be the only one doing tricopters right now  :laugh:
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:09:30
 :D
Gaza07:
11 May 2024 21:15:16
Domain has been renewed closure has been cancelled  :D
Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,481
  • Total Topics: 20,271
  • Online today: 22
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 21
Total: 22

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Quad down

Started by jayjay, Monday,August 29, 2016, 19:11:52

Previous topic - Next topic

jayjay

Ok so I was flying last week by the river, everything was running fine. But then I changed batts from a graphene to a multistar. A lack of punch from a dive meant that I ended up in a dyke about 12 maybe 15 feet wide. In the middle of this dyke is chest deep in water but balls deep in mud/silt. It';s also got very steep sides.  My spotter didn';t have a line on it from where we were sat so we';re looking at a stretch of water about 50 metres in length. I';ve been up and down that stretch a few times with a large net but still not got it back. Im thinking powerful magnet but if anyone has experience of similar willing to share some tips please do so I';m trying to get it back. I';m probably gonna give it one last hit.
Many thanks

Saleem

Just don';t do something silly and risk yours or someone else';s life,it ain';t worth it.if your gonna search,be sure it landed there,you don';t want to be a plant pot and be looking for a quad that someone found yesterday 50metres away.

Makes me wander if loc8tor would have helped if them conditions are what it ended up in?

I got 2 quads and both have loc8tor,it';s helped me a couple of times,at least from walking all over looking for the quad.where you think it landed and where it actually did land can be 2 different things.
:smiley:

Jazzz

I';d buy a £20 quid dingy a cruse up and down till I found it
With a life vest on just in case
And use one of them things litter puckers use or old people
Like me

Saleem

Quote from: Jazzz on Monday,August 29, 2016, 20:14:17
I';d buy a £20 quid dingy a cruse up and down till I found it
With a life vest on just in case
And use one of them things litter puckers use or old people
Like me

Do you use it to fly your quads?thats the main question,cos you fly like a monster (in a nice way)
;)

Jazzz

Quote from: Saleem on Monday,August 29, 2016, 20:21:54
Do you use it to fly your quads?thats the main question,cos you fly like a monster (in a nice way)
;)
A haaaaar I use it to get it out of trees I don';t fly near water eny more

nub

thing is it';s probably no where near where you think it is :(

under water and in mud :hmm:

get a tennis net or something, put some weight along the bottom of the net, take an end each and drag it along the bottom of the dyke.

or get an underwater metal detector.
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

Gav

I can see it now in the local rag...  Year 4016 future man discovers preserved primative man drone device.

jayjay

Loc8tor I';ve had a couple of them in the past I didn';t rate either of them too highly to be honest. If I had close proximity to where they went down they where good. But somewhere amongst dense trees bushes or long grass I found the range collapsed to not much more than zero. The tiny audible beep that gets let off on activation (and regardless of battery condition) probably was its best asset for me. Would it work under water? that would be interesting.

Tennis netting that';s a good idea. Broom handle through the top and bottom and drag it through that may work. that top player of silt is ultra soft. The water is only chest deep at its  maximum and I will be mindful  of any dangers
Many thanks

kilby

I would consider a couple of those bloody big magnets that they use for searching rivers.

The magnets in the motors should create an reasonable attraction.

Failing that you may recover enough scrap to finance a new machine (Iv';e lost 2 machines so I know how crappy it feels)
Not much kit, but what I have I like
Armattan Tilt 2, Morphite 180, Quark 150, Decapitated NanoQX
Taranis+

Slayer23

When i used to go fishing we cleared bottom weed from difficult swims using a large metal rake head and rope it was heay enought to sink into the mud a few inches and robust enough to pull out the worst of the weed so maybe that would work for you
Mr,Mr, Can I have a go
please, please, please
oh did you want to hit that tree
shoulda let me have a go Mr I wouldn't have let it go that far I cant see it past 30m
bet you wish you had let me have a go no Mr
EH ??? Don't You ? Mr

jayjay

Cheers guys were hitting it one final time tomorrow. We';ve got a few big magnets (sea seachers) nets, snorkels and masks and a rake come fork. This will be the second one I lost too. It';s been about a week under water now so I';m not expecting anything from the quad just hoping the session has survived.
There';s hardly any weed there, just very runny mud and about 2 ft of water above it.