Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,October 17, 2024, 02:48:43

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
12 May 2024 08:13:51
 I have some F1 Abusemark boards going spare,,,,,,,,,,,,,    ;)    :azn
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:12:29
And with oldskool parts  :D
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:11:57
I must be the only one doing tricopters right now  :laugh:
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:09:30
 :D
Gaza07:
11 May 2024 21:15:16
Domain has been renewed closure has been cancelled  :D
Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,481
  • Total Topics: 20,271
  • Online today: 11
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 18
Total: 18

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Comments

Started by Rafter, Saturday,August 27, 2016, 21:12:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Rafter

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/14670964.VIDEOS__Stunning_drone_footage_reveals_Bolton_s_green_and_pleasant_land/

I like the comments  "I sent the drone off and crossed my fingers"  "I tend to set it off and go back in the house and watch the cricket until it comes back" 
He';s not even flying fpv, he just lets it disappear and hopes it comes back.
I think we';ll be hearing more of this guy.  .  or am I being too critical?

shawdreamer

theres go';s another tit with more money than brains, buying a over the counter quad and doing something stupid with it that';ll see all the rest of us dedicated builders and law respecting fly';ers grounded by even more harsh laws. :rolleyes:

If he posts up when he';s next doing it Im nippin to bolton with my tough250....... no amount of finger crossing will see it coming back to him again.
550 custom H-copter (redesigned)
zmr250
gLowRider250
SlimBuild250
zmrReaper250
250 Twinboard
Project Sparkie
[url="https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs"]https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs[/url]

Slayer23

Is that not how you are meant to fly them I mean there are times I fly round the living room and it does just what it wants to wether I like it or not
Mr,Mr, Can I have a go
please, please, please
oh did you want to hit that tree
shoulda let me have a go Mr I wouldn't have let it go that far I cant see it past 30m
bet you wish you had let me have a go no Mr
EH ??? Don't You ? Mr

Rafter

I';ve  added some comments on his facebook page.  Facebook.com/socialassistuk, pointing out the errors of his way.
I dont usually do this but his comments were so way off base.

Slayer23

After the drone disaster in tonights casualty and idiots like this how long until I have to licence my toy ????
What happened to LINE OF SIGHT ??????
and how can he film a cricket match without breaking the CAA guidelines ????
or do they not count in Bolton ???
Mr,Mr, Can I have a go
please, please, please
shoulda let me have a go Mr I wouldn't have let it go that far I cant see it past 30m
EH ??? Don't You ? Mr

orfordness

waste of time as he';ll just delete them from his page, just send the link to the CAA....

Harsh but fair for a complete idiot I';d say...
DJI Mavic Pro
Tarot 680 Pro Hex
450 (Flamewheel clone) x 4
Hubsan X4
CS022 Mini Quad

LuMan

Jeez! What an utter tw*t!! If the story was about a barbecue, and the nimrod had put, "I just put the sausages on, then go and drink beer until they';re done," then the entire world would call him out for what he is. A tw*t!

I just watched Hidden Britain By Drone on Channel 4. It was interesting as a documentary anyway, but even more so because of the media that was chosen to record the footage. It showed what could be done with an AP platform in professional hands. I was happy. Then I read the story about D*ckhead From Bolton! TBH, I think stronger laws may be the answer. If it means ';proper'; flyers can fly without scorn, then it';s a small price to pay.

Actually, perhaps not ';stronger';.. But certainly more punishment to idiots like this. :angry:

Now I need to boil my head a bit.......
Potensic F181DH  -  Ghost 250 (blue)  -  Cheerson CX-10/A  -  Syma X11C  -  FQ777-FQ17W  -  Eachine E57  -  BetaFPV 65S  -  Robocat 280 (in build)  -  Ghost 250 LED (in build) - And lots of broken stuff!

shawdreamer

Ive got a better idea, Ill take it out the sky, then add a few dodgy pedo files to the sd card he';s recording on.

then as a good citizen I drop it off at his local police station saying I found it, Ill nonchalantly mention that "I think it records video and stuff" so they might be able to find the owner if they check its sd card.

:whistling:
zmr250
gLowRider250
SlimBuild250
zmrReaper250
250 Twinboard
Project Sparkie
[url="https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs"]https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs[/url]

Powernumpty

"The series of videos were created by Mr Kernick for Social Assist – a Bolton company which helps businesses manage their social media output. "

So commercial use then....

This has got to deserve a public slap on the wrist, ejit.

hoverfly

Quote from: Powernumpty on Saturday,August 27, 2016, 21:59:29
"The series of videos were created by Mr Kernick for Social Assist – a Bolton company which helps businesses manage their social media output. "

So commercial use then....

This has got to deserve a public slap on the wrist, ejit.

How is it after  publicly admiting to breaking the law,  he hasen';t    felt a tug on the collar ?
Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

Slayer23

bet you with my luck if I went over local playing field and flew it 30 foot away someone would complain and I would get a visit
Mr,Mr, Can I have a go
please, please, please
EH ??? Don't You ? Mr

LuMan

Quote from: shawdreamer on Saturday,August 27, 2016, 21:58:41
Ive got a better idea, Ill take it out the sky, then add a few dodgy pedo files to the sd card he';s recording on.

BLOODY HELL, SHAWDREAMER!! Where will you get the ';dodgy p3d0 files'; from????????  :rofl:

I just spat wine all over my laptop!! You god!!  :rofl: :notworthy:
Potensic F181DH  -  Ghost 250 (blue)  -  Cheerson CX-10/A  -  Syma X11C  -  FQ777-FQ17W  -  Eachine E57  -  BetaFPV 65S  -  Robocat 280 (in build)  -  Ghost 250 LED (in build) - And lots of broken stuff!

shawdreamer

Quote from: LuMan on Saturday,August 27, 2016, 22:58:03
BLOODY HELL, SHAWDREAMER!! Where will you get the ';dodgy p3d0 files'; from????????

Hack your hard drive?
zmr250
gLowRider250
SlimBuild250
zmrReaper250
250 Twinboard
Project Sparkie

Powernumpty

Yeah I smarted at the p3do thing as it';s along the same lines as this idiot, get someone with any kind of camera to look as if they are doing something dodgy and it just feeds the "Daily Fail" readers concepts, all photographers must be doing that.

E.G.
I took some shots at a local skate park event and they got noticed by some German gay bloke into jeans, he kept commenting and linking the images I was gutted as it';s hard enough in the UK using a camera without suspicion but when the comments are basically around how some teenagers backside looks in jeans it put me off photography as I was uncomfortable with the camera, be into what you want but down';t hijak otherwise positive images (they were trying to fund raise for a new skate park). The dodgy German comes back every time I block his current identity and there must be a "Scene" as nothing happens on my flickr account other than a few strange german guys favouriting normal images (bookmarks?). Toss3rs.

Sorry for the off-topic rant.

LuMan

Jazzz

I love Bolton

hoverfly

Anyting to help, will these do? Hard shell stuff.
Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

Rafter

Well he replied, this from his company facebook page

2 shares
Comments
Peter Parker
Peter Parker I think you should familiarise yourselve with CCA Regs before they come knocking on your door, espcially after your comments about just sending it off and going to watch tv. You';re not doing the serious flyers any good. Do you put your details on your quad for when, not if, it crashes so people can claim off your insurance. You can';t be licenced with the CAA because you wouldn';t fly like this. Please look at the CAA web site to see just what you';re doing wrong, before you get into trouble. It doesnt take long for them to latch on to things like this, espcially when you broadcast it newspapers. There have been several prosecutions, suggest you google CAA presecutions.
Like · Reply · 27 August at 21:24
Social Assist
Social Assist Peter the Drone is in sight all the time , the comment about going inside was flippant, as in its that good you could literally go inside and have a coffee....

the CAA is only interested in commercial flights and this drone is a personal drone for fun not for business.

However in future we may use it for commercial purposes and have looked at the CAA site and familiarised ourselves with commercial rules.

Thanks
Like · Reply · 1 hr
Peter Parker
Peter Parker According to your comment, it does go out of sight "before letting the device disappear out of sight 70 metres above ground." Your comment about going inside has been read my the thousands of uninformed readers, who will believe everything they read in the newspaper. Crossing your fingers doesn';t instill confidence. You say in the article that the videos were taken for your web site, so you are using it for commercial purposes. The CAA are not only interested in commercial flights, have a look at the 3 instances of prosecutions for flying over football grounds, Blackpool Tower and BAE at Barrow. You';ve still got them up on here now. You need to consider the consequences of where and how you fly. Does your insurance cover you properly, that';s if you have insurance. These comments are designed to try and get it out there that there are responsible flyers who abide by the rules and there are flyers like yourself, who don';t even know the rules. I suggest you get yourself down to a flying club near you or go on the BMFA web site https://bmfa.org/ and get some advice before you make the papers again for the wrong reason.

British Model Flying Association
The BMFA is the body delegated by the Royal Aero Club to be responsible for all aspects of...
BMFA.ORG

LuMan

Good going, Rafter. He needs to be told. Perhaps the CAA should have a word with him. If nothing else, it';ll educate him in the areas that the CAA are interested in - which isn';t just commercial flying. I';ll not go on about how leisure pilots needs to have licences and how the CAA spend a lot of effort keeping the skies safe...  :smiley:

I also baulked at his ';flippant comment'; defence. Has he not used air travel in the last 20 years? Making ';flippant'; comments, like, "I hope you don';t find the b0mb in my case.." will get you arrested. Admitting any form of misdemeanour to a newspaper is asking for it.

Jazzz

I went to school with a Mr kernick an ok lad I';m sure it';s just a one of mistack

guest325

Quote from: Jazzz on Tuesday,August 30, 2016, 12:54:50
I went to school with a Mr kernick an ok lad I';m sure it';s just a one of mistack
May have been then but obviously not now - what he has said and done should result in him getting his collar felt - not being funny, just stating the obvious  ~~

Jazzz

Quote from: DarrellW on Tuesday,August 30, 2016, 13:03:31
May have been then but obviously not now - what he has said and done should result in him getting his collar felt - not being funny, just stating the obvious  ~~
I';m supprized

Rafter

Jazz, are you sure it';s the same one?

Jazzz

Quote from: Rafter on Tuesday,August 30, 2016, 17:39:51
Jazz, are you sure it';s the same one?
No I';m not sure but kurnick is an unusual name
And he lives in the same area the kurnick I new would be 50
Now not 45 ..
I';m not bothered if he gets dun but most of us have flown
Illegally .at some time or another and a parrot drone
Is prity small realy .
Almost a toy grade exept for the price

Jazzz

Nearly every video I see is braking the law in one way or another
Trespass .no spotter . Out of line of sight .to close to othere people';s. Property .you name it .
It';s hard not to brake the law thease days

Rafter

That';s true Jazz, but we don';t get our little indiscretions plastered all over a local newspaper with crass/flippant remarks.

shawdreamer

what Rafter is trying to get across in a more civilized and subtle fashion is.....

Ignorance to the laws regarding multirotor use can to some extent be understood in a newcomer to the arena (though tbf ignorance isnt an excuse and wont save your neck in court either)

however being a unrepentant arse after being informed gently of his faults and errors is an entirely different matter.

personally I hope he gets his ring-piece well and truly reamed in court..... thats my "not so civilized" version.

I tried to do the exact same thing Rafter is doing with the bloke who did the blackpool flights when he first posted them up on youtube, he hopped straight on his high horse and tried to shout me down with verbal abuse (along with his cronie trolls who also hopped on the wagon), after giving up trying to be civil I exercised the natural creativity with the english language which my heritage instills into my genes at birth.... Im Scouse btw....... therefore......I returned the favour in kind.

shortly after he was prosecuted, at which time I revisited his youtube video and made my delight at his "bad luck" plainly evident, much to his dislike (still makes me giggle seeing him blow his lid through a monitor) :whistling:
zmr250
gLowRider250
SlimBuild250
zmrReaper250
250 Twinboard
Project Sparkie

kilby

The problem with numpties like those guys is they are hauled out as evidence when twaddle like this is hauled out.

Claims of drones at 7000 feet around Heathrow http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/08/30/heathrow_drone_near_misses_airprox/

Every fool that lives up to the stereotype in the press makes it harder for half way sensible people not to be treated like criminals
Not much kit, but what I have I like
Armattan Tilt 2, Morphite 180, Quark 150, Decapitated NanoQX
Taranis+

teslahed

Quote from: Jazzz on Sunday,August 28, 2016, 08:27:04
That';s the great thing about Bolton you can fly your drone
We';re ever you like and no one cares.
And if Thay did care Thay wouldn';t no how to complain
Because Thay don';t speak English
The last time I flue on the car park who hole street dived
For cover.
Ps
Infact I recommend if your from Bolton get yourself a drone
Because when the local samalian gangs are rampaging
through the streets kicking in doors vandalising the cars
Your only hope is that the drone will scare them because
A crime number does nothing

I';m still trying to work out if this is a joke or a comment worth taking seriously...
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

LuMan

WRT all of us breaking the law in some way or another; I can';t disagree. It';s true that we all do things that we perhaps shouldn';t - whether it be going ';slightly'; over the speed limit, riding bicycles on footpaths, flying less than 50m from people or buildings....

The issue is, if you get caught, then you need to serve your punishment. If a copper finds you riding a bike without lights, he';ll probably nag you a bit and send you on your way, pushing the bike. Give him grief and he can sting you for the full fine.

If you go flying your drone in an irresponsible manner, and someone complains, then apologise, say you were mistaken and pack it in. Don';t go popping your stack by saying that you';re right, when clearly you';re not. This just alienates us more, gets us bad press, forces knee-jerk policies from ignorant local councillors and politicians, and, generally, bangs another nail in the coffin of a perfectly safe (if done properly) and grown up hobby.

Just takes a bit of common sense.

Here endeth the lesson...  ;)