Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Tuesday,October 01, 2024, 20:20:08

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
12 May 2024 08:13:51
 I have some F1 Abusemark boards going spare,,,,,,,,,,,,,    ;)    :azn
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:12:29
And with oldskool parts  :D
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:11:57
I must be the only one doing tricopters right now  :laugh:
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:09:30
 :D
Gaza07:
11 May 2024 21:15:16
Domain has been renewed closure has been cancelled  :D
Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,479
  • Total Topics: 20,271
  • Online today: 33
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 19
Total: 20

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Did 'YOU' crash today??

Started by Andy7, Sunday,August 14, 2016, 18:41:41

Previous topic - Next topic

hoverfly

Quote from: Theflyingfreak on Thursday,September 15, 2016, 14:19:34
Does taking a dip in the sea on a nice hot sunny day count as a crash??

No it counts as an indulgance, and will be deducted from your xmas pressie allowance. ::)
Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

Saleem

Thread went 5 pages down,we must be dping well? :blink

Let me be the bearer of bad news and put the thread back on page 1?ok!

I broke an antenna,enough to ground the new xframe till i get another as i dont have
:smiley:

apollo7

Sort of, been trying to get the titus tricopter of the ground and having a few problems, the carbon props are looking a tad "frayed"
Volantex Ranger 1600/2000, Ranger 1200 G2, Phoenix S 1600 AR900 Miniskyhunter, ZOHD Dart 635 and a few 680 batwings plus old faithful C1 chaser and a lot of eagletree guardians

Jazzz

Yes but the drone is fine ..
Best car I';ve ever had not a scratch or bruise

hoverfly

Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

Elmattbo

Quote from: Jazzz on Friday,November 04, 2016, 18:21:06

Sorry to see that mate, what happened there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAKM05Pl2P83gaE9EEVfFvw"]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAKM05Pl2P83gaE9EEVfFvw[/url]

DarkButterfly

Had my first top of tree landing, flew the wing into it, my spotter got it down, the only busted part was the prop ~~
Why use 4 motors when you can use 6?

YouTube channel
[url="https://www.youtube.com/user/RobR386"]https://www.youtube.com/user/RobR386[/url]

Powernumpty

Quote from: Jazzz on Friday,November 04, 2016, 18:21:06
Bet that took some getting down from the tree.

Jazzz

Quote from: Elmattbo on Saturday,November 05, 2016, 10:38:40
Sorry to see that mate, what happened there?

Got hit form the side some one didn';t stop at a junction
And pushed me into a tree .
The car was that smart it rang the emergency services for me and Thay were there in mints
The scariest thing was the airbags went of and I thought the car was on fire with all the stem and smoke
But the car was on top of a fence jamming both doors shut
I think people should be warned about that

Saleem

Quote from: Jazzz on Saturday,November 05, 2016, 14:55:48
Got hit form the side some one didn';t stop at a junction
And pushed me into a tree .
The car was that smart it rang the emergency services for me and Thay were there in mints
The scariest thing was the airbags went of and I thought the car was on fire with all the stem and smoke
But the car was on top of a fence jamming both doors shut
I think people should be warned about that

Just another typical day in sunny bradford is that!its talcuum powder that fills the cabin when airbags gos off.got told by a fireman yonks ago when i cut a pakistani woman out her car after she hit a lamp post,obviously she was on her phone when i got there where another pakistani man was accusing her of using her mobile while driving.i mean we all would hit a lamppost 6ft to the other side of pavement when going down an hill.i never seen a pakistani go red but i did that day.

Should have shoved red bottoms on it and punched harder!its cos you drive like you fly,like a monster!

Only kidding!
:laugh:

Jazzz

No worries I have it all on camera there should be no problems .
But you never know .. I might make a video of it after its all sorted .

Saleem

First big crash with this xframe,hit top bar of goal post,camera came off as it was only hot glued in place,dvr came off,its wire connectir stayed on the quad the dvr came off,i smashed 1 corner of it and i some how managed to crack the sd card in 2 places,so lost a 64gb sd card due to cracking it.

And plenty dirt/mud in front motors.
:angry:

Powernumpty

Crash me? no but nearly did yesterday.

https://youtu.be/4EOQi8Mm2o8

Turn the sound down, sorry for the words.
This is why I have a Mobius on my bike lid.

Jazzz

Quote from: Powernumpty on Tuesday,November 08, 2016, 18:41:41
Crash me? no but nearly did yesterday.

https://youtu.be/4EOQi8Mm2o8

Turn the sound down, sorry for the words.
This is why I have a Mobius on my bike lid.

Ha ha I';m a keen cyclist it happens all the time
You take your life in your hands on a bicycle

Jazzz

Quote from: Jazzz on Saturday,November 05, 2016, 17:32:26
No worries I have it all on camera there should be no problems .
But you never know .. I might make a video of it after its all sorted .
All sorted after sending of the cctv footed he admitted
Liability and the insurance have assessed the care and are happy

Two-Six

Powernumpty, Do you wear any hi-viz stuff?  I cycle a lot and honestly I never assume anybody has seen me cycling whether they are walking or in a car.  Bikes are almost totally invisible to most people.   

I either cycle really slowly on cycle ways and  pavements giving pedestrians absolute right of way or if I cycle on the roads, I cycle really defensively.  Even if somebody does something stupid I won';t be going fast enough to avoid the hazard.  I have a very bright lights that can strobe and I use them if the lighting or weather is even a bit dark and dingy.   In fact I mostly avoid cycling on the roads, its way too dangerous.

I know cycling on the pavements is something that some people really hate but I figure if I am only going at walking pace if people are about...what';s the freekin problem.  :shrug:

There is no way I would cycle in heavy town traffic and mix it up with the other vehicles like I would do if I was driving.  Insane.  Almost suicidal.

Its because we don';t have proper cycle ways like they do in Holland that forces me onto the pavements.  So the complainers can complain all they want, I really don';t care.  I would rather upset a few people and avoid serious personal injury or death.
Nighthawk Pro, Trex 450 L Dominator 6 cell *FLOWN*, Blade 450-3D, MCPX-BL, MCPX-V2, Hubsan X4, Seagull Boomerang IC .40 trainer, HK Bixler, AXN Clouds fly,, Spektrum DX7, Taranis, AccuRC

Powernumpty

Quote from: Two-Six on Monday,November 28, 2016, 11:59:42
Powernumpty, Do you wear any hi-viz stuff?  I cycle a lot and honestly I never assume anybody has seen me cycling whether they are walking or in a car.  Bikes are almost totally invisible to most people.   

I either cycle really slowly on cycle ways and  pavements giving pedestrians absolute right of way or if I cycle on the roads, I cycle really defensively.  Even if somebody does something stupid I won';t be going fast enough to avoid the hazard.  I have a very bright lights that can strobe and I use them if the lighting or weather is even a bit dark and dingy.   In fact I mostly avoid cycling on the roads, its way too dangerous.

I know cycling on the pavements is something that some people really hate but I figure if I am only going at walking pace if people are about...what';s the freekin problem.  :shrug:

There is no way I would cycle in heavy town traffic and mix it up with the other vehicles like I would do if I was driving.  Insane.  Almost suicidal.

Its because we don';t have proper cycle ways like they do in Holland that forces me onto the pavements.  So the complainers can complain all they want, I really don';t care.  I would rather upset a few people and avoid serious personal injury or death.
High Vis jacket, reflectors on leggings and rucksack, helmet (with mobius) strobing front light and flashing back. This guy would not have seen anything smaller than a transit. If you slow it down (keyboard K and comma or full-stop) you can probably see my reflection in his window.
I ride on the roads where it is normally OK and pedestrians use the path, a specific footpath/cycle path, then main roads. Returning I will use quite a bit of pavement on the uphill main road as nobody is ever on it and there is not enough space for trucks to pass bikes so they either cut close or get frustrated/delayed. It is a nightmare and I will try to be super obvious and get out of the way if I will hold up a long line. Cars round here are generally not too bad, so the roads are risky but not city level dangerous. I don';t have the guts to cycle long distances on the narrow roads out of town as no pavements and blind bends with idiotic fast tractors etc scare the fudge out of me.

Jazzz

On these cold dark nights I use my turbo trainer
In the kitchen bit like a solo spin class In the Sahara
When the wife';s cooking

Saleem

I maidened my 150 lizard today after getting the motors on it,running 3s i tumbled from the sky and found this:

Pulling that much amps it melted the power wire and in turn melted the gnd then they kinda melted together,need to upgrade the power wire,this happened before with me,lucky it was just a little flit out front where i live.

Now on lookout for beefier wire with same adaptor.

iRobot

Lots of crashes today, nothing spectacular or damaging luckily  :smiley:
https://youtu.be/psXQ9C5jFhY
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7R_7Sn4nN_c3CySDiinSdw"]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7R_7Sn4nN_c3CySDiinSdw[/url]

DarkButterfly

Almost,

Flying LOS and luckily standing near the bench, as my knee decided not to let me stand up, so nearly fell over with the Tx, however a crash was averted, immediately sat down, landed the plane, then unlocked the aforementioned knee :-/
Why use 4 motors when you can use 6?

YouTube channel
[url="https://www.youtube.com/user/RobR386"]https://www.youtube.com/user/RobR386[/url]

Powernumpty

Took my little Skymaster trainer out during lunch to test the battery I had completely killed a cople of days before.
It was flying OK then it got a bit noisy, then the motor thing fell of the front.
Generally, and aviation in particular, the motor off falling the front is considered a bad thing.

Luckily I was able to glide it in downwind (it doesn';t glide very well so it was all bit rushed) and on recovery from the field nothing found damged on the fuse or wing (!). I replaced the shortened single blade prop with a more regular two bladed one of the normal size, unwound the motor wires so you could see three wires not one mass and tightened the motor retaing grub screws with a better hex key.

Flew again, but on seeing a dog walker on the path I used that as an excuse to put it away so that I can end the day with as many planes as I started.

Elmattbo

Quote from: Saleem on Thursday,December 01, 2016, 16:44:24
I maidened my 150 lizard today after getting the motors on it,running 3s i tumbled from the sky and found this:

Pulling that much amps it melted the power wire and in turn melted the gnd then they kinda melted together,need to upgrade the power wire,this happened before with me,lucky it was just a little flit out front where i live.

Now on lookout for beefier wire with same adaptor.
That JST connector is only rated for 2A, so you';re still going to have issues. If you need beefier cables then you probably need an xt60 connector.

[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAKM05Pl2P83gaE9EEVfFvw"]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAKM05Pl2P83gaE9EEVfFvw[/url]

Saleem

Quote from: Elmattbo on Friday,December 30, 2016, 01:24:01
That JST connector is only rated for 2A, so you';re still going to have issues. If you need beefier cables then you probably need an xt60 connector.

The quad now has the same wire a xt60 on a battery has,i had some from batteries that were laid to rest,i cut the wire/connector off the battery before salt water bath.so its now got a xt60 and runs 4s.

Powernumpty

And the props are on upside down, unless I';m mistaken, the text should be on the top.