Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Tuesday,October 01, 2024, 20:30:32

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
12 May 2024 08:13:51
 I have some F1 Abusemark boards going spare,,,,,,,,,,,,,    ;)    :azn
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:12:29
And with oldskool parts  :D
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:11:57
I must be the only one doing tricopters right now  :laugh:
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:09:30
 :D
Gaza07:
11 May 2024 21:15:16
Domain has been renewed closure has been cancelled  :D
Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,479
  • Total Topics: 20,271
  • Online today: 33
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 25
Total: 26

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Did 'YOU' crash today??

Started by Andy7, Sunday,August 14, 2016, 18:41:41

Previous topic - Next topic

guest325

Quote from: iRobot on Tuesday,August 30, 2016, 19:51:34
And the non rc flying I got in at beautiful Cornwall....
https://youtu.be/gCwOm5Hu0hk
Like it, a bit like human slope soaring; a nice slope soarer would have been superb there!!!
It made my belly churn watching it though - me and heights don';t get on  :laugh:

LuMan

Yes, I bloody crashed today!

Took the STOL and the HJ816 to the Weir Field, but it was a bit too windy. So, I hung about for a bit, but the light was fading too...

After a bit I figured it was calm enough to fly, but too dark for the STOL, so I shoved the Hex skywards... I';ve flown it in the dark before. The LEDs are brilliant!

First pack, no issues. Other than the camera not working, so I got naff all video.

Second pack, all started OK, but after a couple of minutes, the thing stopped behaving. There was still a bit of wind, but not too much. However, I couldn';t get it to go where I wanted. Then I noticed one motor was down... The wind was pushing the thing towards the power lines some distance behind me. I spun the hex around, but I still couldn';t combat the wind, so I did the only bloody thing I could do - cut the power...

It dropped like a stone until it was a few meters off the floor, then I gave it a stab, just to take the edge off, but, with one motor down, the damn thing flipped.
[attach=1]

Luckily, there was no other damage. I tried recalibrating the hex again, but I still couldn';t get the motor spinning..... So I came home  :cry
Potensic F181DH  -  Ghost 250 (blue)  -  Cheerson CX-10/A  -  Syma X11C  -  FQ777-FQ17W  -  Eachine E57  -  BetaFPV 65S  -  Robocat 280 (in build)  -  Ghost 250 LED (in build) - And lots of broken stuff!

insx

Yep. Total beginner error, losing orientation near the edge of a field and having to drop it. Still, arms are only 99p each... plus the long wait from China.

guest325

DrSteeeve

Yup, after weeks of taking a beating i dumped my 210 in to some long grass and somehow managed to break a freaking arm.
Now do i get a replacement bottom plate or admit defeat and get the qavr instead!
Hubsan x4 - weight reduced everything turned up to 11
Phantom 3A

Saleem

Quote from: insx on Sunday,September 04, 2016, 17:41:33
Yep. Total beginner error, losing orientation near the edge of a field and having to drop it. Still, arms are only 99p each... plus the long wait from China.

Either stock up or buy a frame that';s from uk seller in uk where there';s plenty of spare parts,arms etc or you can just keep buying another frame,you will accumulate the spares as you buy frames just to use arms.saying that I seen Chinese sellers selling 250s for £8 rachis have,so just buy 2 at a time?
:smiley:

insx

Quote from: Saleem on Sunday,September 04, 2016, 19:20:42
Either stock up or buy a frame that';s from uk seller in uk where there';s plenty of spare parts,arms etc or you can just keep buying another frame,you will accumulate the spares as you buy frames just to use arms.saying that I seen Chinese sellers selling 250s for £8 rachis have,so just buy 2 at a time?

I bought a bunch of arms for a few quid from China and bought one from the UK warehouse which is costing me about £6 because I';m in a hurry.

We';ll see if I was just unlucky. If they break regularly, I';ll think about a new frame. Being an Eachine Racer, I would need new power distribution stuff too. 

Saleem

Quote from: insx on Sunday,September 04, 2016, 20:19:13
I bought a bunch of arms for a few quid from China and bought one from the UK warehouse which is costing me about £6 because I';m in a hurry.

We';ll see if I was just unlucky. If they break regularly, I';ll think about a new frame. Being an Eachine Racer, I would need new power distribution stuff too.

Pdb/power distribution board is around £5 mark,matek make decent board with 5v/12v Bec onboard.

iRobot

Had my first quad fire today !
I had a nice smooth 180 mini quad fpv session first, about 6 lipo';s flying a mix up of acro and self level,,,great, not one crash. Got a bit of video with the onboard Mobius but nothing special so wont bore you with that lol.
Put a fresh pack on, took the vtx, antenna and cam off (only takes a minute to disconnect and remove for some LOS acro practice) and started with some front and back flips, then left and right roll';s. On the last final back flip had a bit to much throttle on that turned it into a big power loop slamming into the deck. Should of been a bit higher and I would of recovered easily but from about 20 foot I had no chance.
Next thing I knew, flames coming from the quad, I ran over in what could be described as blind panic and the only thing I could think to do was blow it out lol they where only little flames, any bigger I wouldn';t of put my pretty face anywhere near the thing, I would of let it burn !
The lipo hadn';t ejected but the xt60 wires had been ripped clean from the connector, must have arced and sparked lighting up the rubber grommet that the wires pass through the frame to pdb.
So hopefully nothing to major damaged,,,, I hope.
I never seem to get video of the exciting stuff,,,,must remember to keep the video rolling at all times.

[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7R_7Sn4nN_c3CySDiinSdw"]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7R_7Sn4nN_c3CySDiinSdw[/url]

Powernumpty

Proper crash that, flames damage and everything, well done.

iRobot

Quote from: Powernumpty on Sunday,September 04, 2016, 22:05:52
Proper crash that, flames damage and everything, well done.

Twas lovely  :laugh:

Cleaned the black char of everything, soldered a new xt60 on, plugged her in and all seems to be fine  :cool:
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7R_7Sn4nN_c3CySDiinSdw"]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7R_7Sn4nN_c3CySDiinSdw[/url]

Andy7

Yep, but I think I';ll call SUCCESS on this one!

Took ';Zoomer'; out to the field for the first time LOS and boy she';s a beauty!
Got a little cocky and let her get behind me. I lost orientation so did the right thing and ditched. Slight horror when I saw a flurry of orange bits fly up, then remembered that for the FIRST TIME, I';d brought a toolkit and bag of props with me!!

Quad was 100% okay but the two front prop nuts had totally come off; props pinged off, completely undamaged. After a short hunt in the grass for the nuts and a bit of spanner-action, she was up and about and as cheeky as ever.

Hooray for DalProp ';unbreakable props'; and £4.99 bike tool kit from poundland(ish) shop in Abingdon. It';s got a wide range of allen keys, spanners and drivers, all in a pc-mouse sized swiss army knife affair. It';s going to be in my fly-bag every day now.

~~
ZMR200 | EMAX 2206 2300kv | XSRF4PO(BF) | FatShark Dom V3 | Spedix ES25 | 4S 1300mAh | 5045x3 PC HQ Props | FrSky QX7.
Hubsan X4 107 V2
YouTube: [url="//www.youtube.com/user/AndySevern7"]www.youtube.com/user/AndySevern7[/url]

insx

Got the Eachine up and running again and went out for an attempt at tuning. Went fast forward and pulled back on the pitch, over cooked it and slammed the back end into the ground. Only bent one prop though and made do with bending it back for the rest of my lunch break. Oh, it also ejected the battery and the mushroom cover.

Despite the above incident, I am finding that acro mode isn';t quite as scary as I thought.

Andy7

Quote from: insx on Wednesday,September 07, 2016, 15:33:05
Got the Eachine up and running again and went out for an attempt at tuning. Went fast forward and pulled back on the pitch, over cooked it and slammed the back end into the ground. Only bent one prop though and made do with bending it back for the rest of my lunch break. Oh, it also ejected the battery and the mushroom cover.

Despite the above incident, I am finding that acro mode isn';t quite as scary as I thought.

It';s good when crashes start to get more ';recoverable'; isn';t it?
Yeah, I was terrified of acro at first but found that it';s a piece of cake once I got the bottle to give it a go.
ZMR200 | EMAX 2206 2300kv | XSRF4PO(BF) | FatShark Dom V3 | Spedix ES25 | 4S 1300mAh | 5045x3 PC HQ Props | FrSky QX7.
Hubsan X4 107 V2
YouTube: [url="//www.youtube.com/user/AndySevern7"]www.youtube.com/user/AndySevern7[/url]

Fletch

I learned a huge lesson today.

Going away tomorrow and all my batteries were charged .... So rather than have the charger drop the voltage I fly them in the back garden LOS until the voltage is close to storage.

So was doing a few flips and rolls nothing mad ... Drop the quad and went to grab it out the air.  I obviously upset the flight controller and/or knocked the throttle as it shot up and away from me at a crazy rate if knots.

Long story short I found it upside down less than a metre away from a very busy main road!

Hozza

Quote from: insx on Wednesday,September 07, 2016, 15:33:05

I actually find that if I have accidentally knocked my mode switch and take off in any other mode other than acro I';m quickly going "****** ****** wtf"

insx

Someone prefixed a tutorial on learning to flip with this:

- ***when you';re ready to break your quad into a million pieces***

They weren';t kidding.

I think most of this is salvageable except for the motor but I';m really cursing these plastic arms now.

guest325

Oops, looks like you should slow down a bit and not pressurise yourself too much, it takes a while to progress and progress is quicker if you are more patient - more air time is what you need not more time doing repairs!

insx

But it sounded so easy in principle!

guest325

My first attempt with my 450 in its previous incarnation resulted in a bl@@dy great loop that ended with it embedded in the ground at the bottom of the loop, hadn';t increased stick scaling ::)

LuMan

Potensic F181DH  -  Ghost 250 (blue)  -  Cheerson CX-10/A  -  Syma X11C  -  FQ777-FQ17W  -  Eachine E57  -  BetaFPV 65S  -  Robocat 280 (in build)  -  Ghost 250 LED (in build) - And lots of broken stuff!

guest325

insx

I';m actually finding the repairs quite therapeutic, but not the strain on my wallet or the waiting for stuff from China. 

Elmattbo

Two things I';ve learned today:
1. Carbon fibre frames slowly cut through battery straps over time.
2. A quad flies a lot like a bolus when it has no battery strap.

Who';d a thought it?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAKM05Pl2P83gaE9EEVfFvw"]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAKM05Pl2P83gaE9EEVfFvw[/url]

guest325

iRobot

Crashed a few times !
Its been a funny week or so,,,,I';ve had a quad fire, ripped  power & video wires from the vtx on one quad. Ripped antenna with connector clean off the vtx board on no.2 quad :-( killed one motor and one esc.
Lots of soldering under a magnifying glass and all is fixed and flying again.
Switched one of the vtx';s over from 25mw to 200, and range plus reception seems really good.
Both my babies flying again !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhUtAy-99PM

hoverfly

Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

Saleem

Battery let go while on ground,flew 2 batteries,spent most of time setting up new run cam I recieved today,so puts another battery on the quad,straps it down and walks away to hear a big fizzzz sound.

Luckily I ripped it off the quad,it melted the strap a bit but I still flew the quad to check everything was OK.

Looks like just a single cell let rip,smoke or ejectile only,looked like right t@@t cos 2 lots of people looked at me.

Overheard do walkers "so it could catch fire in the air and fall down causing fire"

Makes me wander what the crack would be if it been in middle of a field with long straw etc,I just grabbed it by power wires and flung it about 6ft away.

I carried it home,it';s now in a jar of salt water.

insx

I';m going to try not to but if I do, I now have a piece of foam and stronger standoffs!

Theflyingfreak

Does taking a dip in the sea on a nice hot sunny day count as a crash??