Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Wednesday,October 16, 2024, 09:49:55

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
12 May 2024 08:13:51
 I have some F1 Abusemark boards going spare,,,,,,,,,,,,,    ;)    :azn
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:12:29
And with oldskool parts  :D
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:11:57
I must be the only one doing tricopters right now  :laugh:
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:09:30
 :D
Gaza07:
11 May 2024 21:15:16
Domain has been renewed closure has been cancelled  :D
Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,481
  • Total Topics: 20,271
  • Online today: 27
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 20
Total: 20

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Lessons in Love (or how much i annoyed the mrs today :S)

Started by Slayer23, Sunday,July 31, 2016, 14:26:37

Previous topic - Next topic

guest325

Quote from: Slayer23 on Tuesday,August 16, 2016, 15:03:53
lol that';s the thing I noticed about that Darrell he loves to put temptation in your path all the time he is evil
:nananana: :nananana: :nananana:

Slayer23

Ok few observations
1: its ok to fly nano and micro drones round the living room but don';t try to fly a 180 in there

2: 4x4.5 props fly real well when not tethered to your motor

3: finger tight is not quite tight enough :S

4: it is possible to loose a prop nut indoors and realise that these you will need loads of

5: Wife does not understand that it hurts when you get so far then have to order some prop nuts from ebay and not going to be able to do anything till they arrive :S

6: simulators are poo talk about lag

7: oh yeah and that the reason the prop came off in the first place was chans 3 and 4 were mixed up that kind of explains why it just flipped I guess

8: managed to accidently put the CX31 in headless mode never again got so used to using the leds to give me visual indications of alignment could not figure out why I flew into dog, TV, window and worst of all the wife :S
Mr,Mr, Can I have a go
please, please, please
oh did you want to hit that tree
shoulda let me have a go Mr I wouldn't have let it go that far I cant see it past 30m
bet you wish you had let me have a go no Mr
EH ??? Don't You ? Mr

guest325

Quote from: Slayer23 on Tuesday,August 16, 2016, 21:58:34
8: managed to accidently put the CX31 in headless mode never again got so used to using the leds to give me visual indications of alignment could not figure out why I flew into dog, TV, window and worst of all the wife :S
PMSL!!!
Yes headless mode does screw things up a bit if it';s unintentional - been there done that one, also in the house and couldn';t understand what was going on ::)

Slayer23

Oh I now know what is going on I am heading down that road called divorce and all that is slowing me down is the use of my testicles as brakes THANKS YOU LOT lol
Mr,Mr, Can I have a go
please, please, please
shoulda let me have a go Mr I wouldn't have let it go that far I cant see it past 30m
EH ??? Don't You ? Mr

Slayer23

Well after packing her off to Halfords to get me some M5 nuts to secure the props tried to get her to go a little further to screwfix BUT NO so it cost me more for 3 that it would a pack of 100!!!!!

sitting in my little alcove I am thinking ok why do you want to flip instead of lifting off

Black box recordings are the mutts testicles I love that I can monitor virtually every element of the model and display it.

so watching the playback it shows some weird acceleration of motor 1 and 3 and then it just goes screwy so I go back and check everything in clean flight.

Try it again exactly the same so I start altering things one at a time and finally give in too my 2 favourite acronyms

RTFM: Read The FFFFFing Manuals
KISS: KEEP IT SIMPLE S*!THEAD

so start from the first page and follow step by step
I have now read the Cleanflight manual it is not as concise as you would like but it tells you what you need to know!!!
I have read the SPRacing F3 manual (4 what it is worth!!!)
I have watched countless videos
I discovered that the trims on the new digital radios do not match with what cleanflight likes not quite worked out how to alter the values so that they sit between 1030-2030 and will still let me take the speed up to it leaving the floor without it tipping over :( but using the subtrims and end points I have it tuned in.

now all 4 motors spool up together and reach the same speed when sitting on the desk.

Not got the balls to run it up in the living room furthest I can get from them props is 8 foot and I want a little more than that between me and what I can only describe as unshielded lawnmower blades facing you no matter where you stand.

I cant wait to get all the bits I need to build the 450 diatone frame I have but that will not be until after Christmas now unless I win the lottery (FFFFFALL chance of that as I don';t do it lol)

I could always sell of some of my crap but that is effort.

Worst bit is I actually got more pleasure out of the rebuilding of the thing and the problem solving than I did the actual flying of the others now that is worrying.

I think I might just end up building them for the fun of it lol

I am really itching to fly it and tried to walk out in the garden today much to the mrs surprise well the world tilted and I have never suffered vertigo before I actually got the door opened before I was physically sick and had to medicate myself to stop the panic attack. Believe me that was a big step for me so all I will say is
THANK YOU To all have helped me out thus far and I am making these efforts in order to repay your generosity.

Neil   
BIG HUGS TO ALL
Mr,Mr, Can I have a go
please, please, please
EH ??? Don't You ? Mr

Slayer23

2 quick observations

1 make sure your balance leads are tucked out of the way need to replace one already (so not even flown it and we are already into the repairs :S)

2 Set your modes and try to remember what you have set I guess that will become easier in time

Neil
Mr,Mr, Can I have a go
please, please, please
EH ??? Don't You ? Mr

hoverfly

Re mode settings.
when i was using my DX8  i did a knob conversion (not as painful as it sounds.)
Migrating to the DX9 i put them on two switches, gear switch back, 3 pos switch up, stabilise , 3 pos middle alt hold , 3pos down  loiter,   moving gear switch up  leaving 3pos down  circle, 3 pos mid mission. both switches  up (easy to do with finger and thumb) return to home. Also known as the Oh sh#t  help mode.  The rotary knob was also in the same sequence.   It seemed the most logical sequence,  take off  (stab)get to height (alt hold), fart about, then loiter for photography.
Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

Slayer23

Mr,Mr, Can I have a go
please, please, please
EH ??? Don't You ? Mr

hoverfly

Quote from: Slayer23 on Friday,August 19, 2016, 13:24:04
You kinda lost me after the knob bit
I changed the rotary pot on the DX8 to a 10  position switch.
The switch mode changes were achieved with  2 mixes ,gear and aux2.  :popcorn:
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...

Slayer23

hmmmmmmmmmmmm ok that kinda cleared it from mud to soup lol
I think I get you lol
the worrying thing is I am now worried about all these appendages you need to use like prehapse we need to evolve to have an extra arm because whilst using left hand for throttle and right hand for controlling direction what hand do I use when I get a itchy nose ????
Mr,Mr, Can I have a go
please, please, please
EH ??? Don't You ? Mr

Slayer23

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
now I see what you meant lol
the 2 switches were set in the flight controller software to activate different modes by interacting with each other
See told you I am a nooooobie and to be honest this is a steep learning curve for me lol
so switch 1 down and 2 up = stabilise (similar to angle in cleanflight ?)
    switch 1 down and 2 mid = Alt Hold
    switch 1 down and 2 down = loiter
    switch 1 up and 2 down = circle
    switch 1 up and 2 mid = mission
    switch 1 up and 2 up = RTH

it only took a while but I see now how that is achieved so you could basically access every mode you want just by using mixtures of switches you are not just tied to accessing 1 mode per switch position on my radio I have 2 2way and 2 3way switches so in theory I could set these too 6 modes for each set or even bring a third switch in to affect them even more
if I used one of the buttons at the back I could the alter the output modes like so

button in switch 1 up switch 2 up = alt hold
button out switch 1 up switch 2 up = gps hold
button in switch 1 up switch 2 mid =loiter
button out switch 1 up switch 2 down = RTL
and so on but then I guess it would become more confusing the more switch and button positions you need to use
Mr,Mr, Can I have a go
please, please, please
EH ??? Don't You ? Mr

hoverfly

The limit to the modes is  set by the f/c  ,the above are for A.P.M.
GPS is the same as loiter/position hold. The mix basically devices  the channel up by using offsets.
I don';t think adding more switches or buttons would do anything.

Slayer23

I can see that there is far more to this than just moving 2 sticks around just looking at the possibilities with the flight controller i have here is Bind Moggoling  so i would hate to think what some of these o i have money to burn controllers are capable of. how long untill we have a quad or octo core processor doing all dancing all singing crap ????
Mr,Mr, Can I have a go
please, please, please
EH ??? Don't You ? Mr

hoverfly

Already here ,sings dances, flies,  and the prop wash does B/J';s
http://www.dji.com/product/a3
I';ve been resisting the A2 for weeks,  my Tarot 650 wants one. :whistling:

Slayer23

OMFG that is impressive now where do i find a wealthy old girl who needs a younger man ???

Well it is either that or sell a kidney and i dont like injections!!!!!

any age from 85 upwards will do
as long as she wants to spoil me lol
Mr,Mr, Can I have a go
please, please, please
EH ??? Don't You ? Mr

Slayer23

See now this is love just been told that the internet subscription is up the last 18 months tied into a contract where they give me 1000nds of minutes of calls and Broadband for £21 per month inc £16 quid line rental has finally come to an end :D
So in this 18 months the supposed 17Mbps has averadged out to arround 4Mbps :S
Everytime i telephone them saying there is a problem with the line i get some thick twatt in singapore telling me there is a internal fault (I purposefully had the NTE5 face plate fitted because this seperates all your internal extensions from the BB line at the source) so i argue with the idiot on the end of the line and they say "ahhh sowwwy it is ah internahl falt misser we send engineer" So after 6 months of arguing with them and several telephone handsets (Wall always seems to win in the battle of phone v wall) I finally get the astonishing speed of 7Mbps This only occured due to me saying send an engineer because of a crossed line which i was actually told was an internal fault to which i replied how can it be i only have one line coming into my property how can it be internal? The engineer walks in looks at the NTE5 faceplate turns round and asks did you tell them you have this Yes i said so he then proceeds in phoning head office and telling them there is a problem with the info the call centres are sending out but that got no where. So he runs a line attenuation test and says the line is noisy but you should be getting way more than 2.5Mbps (After effects of the crossedline which was not internal but a fault at the cabinet :S)
so he phones the engineers and asks them to do a line reset for which they need my permission to carry out so i answer their daft security questions and say yes i understand i have to leave it switched on for 72 hours yes i understand there is no guarantees blah blah blah so since then i have had the dizzying fast speeds of 7.1Mbps ONLY to get told that my 19 month contract is finally up and they have increased my fees to £29 LMFAO I cancelled that straight away and decided to see what was out there, Well after much looking she foud 35Mbps fibre for £21 so we have signed up for that does anyone think tha i will be shocked when i get something that is 5 times what i am used to you bet your arse i will. And all because she was too tight to pay the extra £8 they wanted per month Wow i have to love her for that
Mr,Mr, Can I have a go
please, please, please
EH ??? Don't You ? Mr

Slayer23

Been a bit lax on my posting put that down to heat and medication

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh dont tell her I have hardly been taking it so living on the edge lol .
Fear levels are under control and have been in kitchen with garden door open had to fight the urge to run but I did it for a whole cup of coffee.
Each day I get that little closer to getting out so I will keep pushing.

Add to this the temptation of the job my brother in law has landed on me well I am in shock.

I have time to push myself towards getting out so it is going to be like Douglas badder "I';m going to move that toe" will become "I';m going to beat this fear "
He has booked a private hypnotherapist to come see me but I am sceptical anyone ever had hypnotherapy ?
Well who knows willing to try anything to get out if this self imposed prison .
Mr,Mr, Can I have a go
please, please, please
EH ??? Don't You ? Mr

LuMan

Hey, Slayer. Not posted in this thread for a couple of days, so I was interested in how you';re getting along.

Glad to see you got close to the back door. Hopefully the hypnotherapy will work and you';ll have the Great British sun beating down on your beaming face before too long  :crossfingers:

Human brains and minds are odd things. So odd that we don';t really know how they work. Give the hypnotherapy a bash, but be sure to consign yourself to it fully - like you would a hex build!!  ;)  The worst case scenario is that it won';t work, but nothing ventured, nothing gained, right? The best case is that you come out the other end a country mile ahead of where you are now and can start posting vids of your flying escapades  :cool:

We';re rooting for you  ~~
Potensic F181DH  -  Ghost 250 (blue)  -  Cheerson CX-10/A  -  Syma X11C  -  FQ777-FQ17W  -  Eachine E57  -  BetaFPV 65S  -  Robocat 280 (in build)  -  Ghost 250 LED (in build) - And lots of broken stuff!

Slayer23

Ok after waiting 20 days for my L.E.D modules to be delivered from the far east they arrived oh I was so excited thought now I can finish the first one to the vision I have in my head :S
Oh no 4 modules sent and not one of them works so I mail the supplier who cant understand the queens English (Damn that country has gone down the pan since we gave them their independence) he offers to send me the manual hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I have pointed out to them that there are 3 connections well 6 if you count the outputs
vcc=5v
gnd=earth
vdd=data signal
They are dead and also they are not what they advertised !!!!!!
The units supplied are using the out dated WS2812(s) chips not the WS2812B chips thay have advertised.

Surprise surprise they are refunding me after 2 emails and don';t want the non working units back may have to unsolder the chips and see if any work

Neil :D
Mr,Mr, Can I have a go
please, please, please
EH ??? Don't You ? Mr

LuMan

I';d take that as a win, Slayer!!  ~~

One of the great things about this hobby is the hacker aspect! Get hacking and re-purpose those chips!!!!!  :laugh:
Potensic F181DH  -  Ghost 250 (blue)  -  Cheerson CX-10/A  -  Syma X11C  -  FQ777-FQ17W  -  Eachine E57  -  BetaFPV 65S  -  Robocat 280 (in build)  -  Ghost 250 LED (in build) - And lots of broken stuff!

Slayer23

Ok after spending the evening (6 hours) much to her disgust wiring my buddys APM micro 3.1 and seeing all the things that these little toys can do I think my shopping list is now being populated with either the APM2.8 or the pixhawk4. Well the poor soldering iron has never been used so much in anger and it has been yet another steep learning curve.

So I have created wiring harnesses so far for the power, the radio, the gps/compass the esc';s I still have no idea what else he is adding but hope he comes and gets it this afternoon cant afford to have another row with her as she already thinks I am ignoring her lol

This weekend was meant to be a nice peacfull one but oh no I gone and blown that now lol

Going to start my 450 build in the week but where shall I start ???
Mr,Mr, Can I have a go
please, please, please
EH ??? Don't You ? Mr

guest325

Quote from: Slayer23 on Saturday,August 27, 2016, 12:49:52
Going to start my 450 build in the week but where shall I start ???
A good place to start is to put the motors onto the frame (once you have put it together) then see where the esc';s need to be to get the wiring tidy. You will see then how much to shorten the power leads before you solder them to the pdb. I didn';t shorten the output esc leads I shortened the motor leads, it';s easier I think.
The next thing is to decide how to mount your fc and then to make sure that you can keep power wires away from signal wires, this is important if you want a reliable fc performance; from there on it';s just a matter of keeping things tidy.

orfordness

If you made it to opening the door, try to do just that, open the door and go no further, maybe you might feel more comfortable knowing you have no intention of actually going out?

Then when you are comfortable with that sit on the step, again with no pressure or intent to go any further.
Over time you will hopefully feel more comfortable with each situation.

Small steps my friend,make sure we get pics of the 450 build....

Best Wishes

Steve
DJI Mavic Pro
Tarot 680 Pro Hex
450 (Flamewheel clone) x 4
Hubsan X4
CS022 Mini Quad

Slayer23

Well it is all booked :S
appointment is next Thursday but the best part is I am bricking it already and now they tell me I cant have any meds 2 days before.
That only prompted me into taking more meds do people not understand the knock on effects
I cant have meds in 2 days time so I panic and want meds now grrrrrrrrrrr I am so angry at myself but hey ho must try I guess
Mr,Mr, Can I have a go
please, please, please
EH ??? Don't You ? Mr

guest325

You';ve got nothing to loose, Hypnotherapy will help if you believe that it will. The biggest component of it is relaxation and changing your mindset on what';s troubling you. I took part in an NHS trial to find out how effective hypnotherapy was for what was then diagnosed as IBS.
It helped me a great deal (even though the diagnosis was wrong).
Be open minded about it and want it to help is my advice, CBT  is also a helpful technique for similar issues, again the aim is to change your mindset.
Good luck, don';t expect miracles you have to work with your therapist to achieve what you want to; hope you benefit as much as I did.

Slayer23

Thank you all for your support and I do hope that this will be the first step to getting out of this self imposed prison :D

Well I think it is time for another controversial topic to get you all talking again :D
Mr,Mr, Can I have a go
please, please, please
EH ??? Don't You ? Mr

LuMan

Quote from: Slayer23 on Sunday,August 28, 2016, 17:45:27
Well I think it is time for another controversial topic to get you all talking again :D

Quite right, Slayer. What about all them bleedin'; Mode 1 flyers, eh!!?? We should ship ';em all out, along with left-handers and control-liners!!!  :wack0

guest325

Quote from: LuMan on Sunday,August 28, 2016, 20:42:53
Quite right, Slayer. What about all them bleedin'; Mode 1 flyers, eh!!?? We should ship ';em all out, along with left-handers and control-liners!!!  :wack0
Oy :slap: you lot with the broken left sticks should be the ones to go for following our American cousins  :laugh:

Slayer23

I fall into 2 of those categories thank god its not the control 1
Mr,Mr, Can I have a go
please, please, please
EH ??? Don't You ? Mr

guest325

I wish I could fly mode 2, it';s much easier to get rtf toys.
Tried it and had too many breakages ::)