Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Wednesday,October 16, 2024, 09:54:13

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
12 May 2024 08:13:51
 I have some F1 Abusemark boards going spare,,,,,,,,,,,,,    ;)    :azn
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:12:29
And with oldskool parts  :D
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:11:57
I must be the only one doing tricopters right now  :laugh:
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:09:30
 :D
Gaza07:
11 May 2024 21:15:16
Domain has been renewed closure has been cancelled  :D
Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,481
  • Total Topics: 20,271
  • Online today: 27
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 17
Total: 17

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Lessons in Love (or how much i annoyed the mrs today :S)

Started by Slayer23, Sunday,July 31, 2016, 14:26:37

Previous topic - Next topic

guest325

It';s normal for the model to drop when you change direction because two motors slow down and two speed up but the nett effect is less upward thrust, practice helps once you know what';s happening and know how much to compensate for it.

nub

will be easier with a proper Tx etc though but aye practice as Darrell says.
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

Slayer23

I am an adept at parking it on the ceiling or down the back of the sofa lol
Mr,Mr, Can I have a go
please, please, please
oh did you want to hit that tree
shoulda let me have a go Mr I wouldn't have let it go that far I cant see it past 30m
bet you wish you had let me have a go no Mr
EH ??? Don't You ? Mr

guest325

Quote from: Slayer23 on Monday,August 08, 2016, 22:42:12
I am an adept at parking it on the ceiling or down the back of the sofa lol
I think we';ve all been there, done that, got the badge to prove it  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Slayer23

Word of warning or what I learnt today

Don';t fly around living room at 4 in morning and wake the Mrs !!!!!!

Lucky I got that crash kit unlucky she remembered where tennis racquet was in cupboard :(

It was horrifying a forehand lob just like she was swatting a fly direct hit and I only just ducked. Not a word said just turned round and casually walked back to bed still not a word and I have not dared to fly it since.

So new learning experience and warning observe flying times

Neil :(
Mr,Mr, Can I have a go
please, please, please
shoulda let me have a go Mr I wouldn't have let it go that far I cant see it past 30m
EH ??? Don't You ? Mr

guest325

Ha ha mine Mrs is just the same except we';ve got something potentially more of a problem - she uses the Bug racket, not managed to fry anything electronic yet but......

LuMan

@Neil - Tennis racquet? Well, you need to get one of these. It';ll make you both happy:

[attach=1]

I wonder if the tennis player comes with it.....
Potensic F181DH  -  Ghost 250 (blue)  -  Cheerson CX-10/A  -  Syma X11C  -  FQ777-FQ17W  -  Eachine E57  -  BetaFPV 65S  -  Robocat 280 (in build)  -  Ghost 250 LED (in build) - And lots of broken stuff!

Slayer23

keep the rest I would take just the player damn if my mrs looke like that I would not need a hobby

Hope she cant get on here :S
Mr,Mr, Can I have a go
please, please, please
EH ??? Don't You ? Mr

guest325

Quote from: Slayer23 on Tuesday,August 09, 2016, 12:34:01
keep the rest I would take just the player damn if my mrs looke like that I would not need a hobby

Delete browsing history is your friend!!! And if you';re that concerned don';t have the site as a favourite  :beer2:  :beer2:  :beer2:

LuMan

Quote from: Slayer23 on Tuesday,August 09, 2016, 12:34:01

A-N-D the blackmailing can start... How much to NOT send that brown envelope to Slayer';s missus!!  :rofl: :rofl:
Potensic F181DH  -  Ghost 250 (blue)  -  Cheerson CX-10/A  -  Syma X11C  -  FQ777-FQ17W  -  Eachine E57  -  BetaFPV 65S  -  Robocat 280 (in build)  -  Ghost 250 LED (in build) - And lots of broken stuff!

Slayer23

hmmmmmmmmmmmm kinda shot myself in the foot here aint I ok whats it gonna cost ???
Mr,Mr, Can I have a go
please, please, please
EH ??? Don't You ? Mr

Slayer23

Ok after a day of staying out of the way and licking my wounds (repairing the Q4)I have watched about 20 you tube vids on building and trouble shooting I could probably recite what each pin does on my FC in my sleep I have loaded every type of FC configurator there is and mucked about with them. Made SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) countless cups of tea and taken them to her on bended knees. I am now just itching to be able to start building my first toy I have near enough all the parts now minus the TX and RX ordered from Hobbykings international DOH did not realise it was going to take like forever :(
So my best buys so far
3 x 3s li-po ÂŁ15 from a chap on shpock like new (thanks to bro for collecting them for me)

imax B6 ÂŁ6 on ebay with 2.50 postage thanks fatfingers for finding that

various other bits from Far East thanks paypal for protecting me

Damn now all I need to do is learn patience
is it here yet ?

no seriously is it here yet ?

What about now ???

OOOOO the postie is coming is it for me  ????
Mr,Mr, Can I have a go
please, please, please
EH ??? Don't You ? Mr

Slayer23

Ok so I have been good so far today lol no naggin at least

so after watching painless360s video of trouble shooting his new build I have decided that when I build my first one I am going to make sure that everything is flashed with the latest firmware does anyone forsee this as being a problem ? or an advantage ?

Waiting is not one of my strong points HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR HOBBYKING STUFF TO ARRIVE ???? Sorry you can see my impatient side is showing lol

Why are my meds not helping with this damn anxiety anymore ???

Oh and if my ramblings offend anyone tough I pay my internet bill and you do not have to read this drivel

I do not think I have ever typed so much in all my life lol

What should I do with the rest of my day ?
Answers on a postcard please.

And I bet you they could build a perfect flying quad on Blue Peter with just a empty washing up bottle some card and sticky back plastic!!!!

Did anyone ever find out just what sticky back plastic was ?
Mr,Mr, Can I have a go
please, please, please
EH ??? Don't You ? Mr

LuMan

Heh. I feel your pain re: impatience, Slayer. When I ordered my HJ816 from HK it took about a week or so to arrive. You can check on the item listing which warehouse holds the stock and try to pick the closest.

Sometimes, if you know what you';re after, Amazon can be a quicker solution... although not necessarily the cheapest... I end up balancing speed of delivery against cost... And then I still complain!  :laugh:

In the meantime, keep flying what you got and to hell with the light fittings!!  :rofl: It';s all good practice and takes your mind off the wait for HK..

Slayer23

Well I guess it will be worth the wait I ordered the new i6s radio with the 2 receivers one is the std Ibus and the other is the new Sbus i6c I think it is so the 46 quid inc postage was worth it as the version with a single receiver is 45 quid and you have to mod it to remove the spring on the throttle these come done add to that they have just released another software update for it so it is getting better and better as the days go by lol
at least my charger arrived today just waiting for the XT60 plugs for 2 of my bats to arrive and I will charge them have got 2 charged already so can set up quad as soon as radio arrives.
Might have to do a master class on soldering as so many people seem to have trouble with that it takes a decent iron and decent solder to do it. Don';t go buying a 10 quid iron and expect it to do a fantastic job lol
and if you really struggle use solder paste but again get the heat to it.
It takes more than the temp you boil an egg at but some of the soldering I have seen pics of my old instructor would roll in his grave lol.
Mr,Mr, Can I have a go
please, please, please
EH ??? Don't You ? Mr

LuMan

I was on soldering duty last night. My tips would be:

1. Make sure the tip is REALLY clean
2. Use flux, thinner or tip cleaner
3. Use a sponge (a proper soldering sponge - not a bath sponge or a Victoria sponge!)
4. Order a load of spare iron tips. They don';t last for ever
5. No need to go above 40W in most cases.. Unless you';re really good at it
6. Use crocodile clips or similar to drag heat away from the business end of the wire
6a. DON';T use a real crocodile!
7. Don';t try watching TV at the same time!

Finally - take pics and post your progress  :smiley:

Slayer23

I am a little rusty but I was trained to repair boards to MOD standards I wish I still had my little micro weller iron it was great but they do not even make it no more :(

So I am stuck with a 48w solder station at 320 degrees lol

I wish I could find the spool of micro solder I have somewhere but hell if it gets too much I will have to use the paste need to unsolder everything off the PDB first so I can tidy the wiring a little more
Mr,Mr, Can I have a go
please, please, please
EH ??? Don't You ? Mr

LuMan

Have you not got a de-solderer? Those things that are like a spring-loaded sucker? I';ve got 2 of them - one I bought for about 7 quid, the other for 2 quid. The 2 quid one is miles better. Just get the solder soft and >sloop< gone!  ~~

You should be OK with a 48W. The actual power doesn';t matter too much, as it should be the ability for the iron to quickly re-heat again once you cool it down with solder.

I';ve got a 15W, a 30W and a 40W, but I';m looking at a nice, variable-temp jobbie at the mo... I';ve really got to stop spending all my pocket money so quickly...

Slayer23

Lol mine is a professional variable temp station with smd rework lol

hate them solder suckers you would get shot using one of them where I learnt to solder I use desolder braid just not sure if I got any left :S

The biggest mistake people make when soldering is they put their irons back into the holder with the tip touching that big metal spring which is also a great big heat conductor and only cools down the iron and causes the bit to melt due to the heating element continuously heating it

I have cut the spring down on mine so the tip is clear I can turn on the station and in 2 mins the tip temp is at 320 which is great for cheap solder paster use around 280 micro solder I use 300 never have a problem

I can get a perfect solder flow on most surfaces I never use extra flux as it tends to cause more problems than it solves half the time but if you have the right temp the rosin flux in the multicore solder should do its job before burning off

:)

Always remember to heat what you want to apply the solder to not apply the solder then heat
Mr,Mr, Can I have a go
please, please, please
EH ??? Don't You ? Mr

LuMan

Yep. My solder station has a clear end section, so I can rest the iron without it touching anything.. except the errant finger when I';m daydreaming....

Flux is an odd thing. I know as many hobbyists who love it as hate it. I always recommend it initially, as it can help tidy up messy solderers. But I agree that the multicore stuff is easier once you get the swing of it.

For my Hex build I soldered without any flux, using a 30W iron, holding a tip that I washed in the kitchen sink and then ';tidied'; up with a knife sharpener  :laugh: Seems to be OK, though!

As for solder suckers... We';ll have to agree to disagree  :laugh:

Slayer23

Yayy the new batteries for the Cx 31 arrived so I have been abusing that today add to that they will fit in the Aviax F5C that is sitting on my desk just not got the balls to fire that one up in here the props are huge compared to what I am used to flying and I think I might decapitate the dog with it.

Might wait till she goes over her sisters tomorrow and fly it in the bedroom the bed will make a nice soft landing lol

before anyone suggests flying it whilst she is in bed NO WAY

the Q4 got used for tennis practice
the cx 31 got a pillow launched at it
I dread to think what she would do to this one
Mr,Mr, Can I have a go
please, please, please
EH ??? Don't You ? Mr

LuMan

Cover it in the same wallpaper as you have in the bedroom. It';ll be camouflaged and missus won';t be able to get a target lock on it ;)

Slayer23

Are you joking she has terminator abilities !!!!!

Even if sh could not get a bead on the quad what about my appendages and anatomy ????

Would rather not take the risk lol

Before you ask am I a man or a mouse
Show me the cheese

Mr,Mr, Can I have a go
please, please, please
EH ??? Don't You ? Mr

LuMan

Good point, Slayer! If he breaks your thumbs you';re scuppered for flying!!  :laugh:

Slayer23

Yup my thoughts entirely I am thinking of working on one of those thought control bands do you think it would be worth doing ???
Mr,Mr, Can I have a go
please, please, please
EH ??? Don't You ? Mr

LuMan

Not with my thought process.... The drone would end up trying to sh*g something.......!!  :-/

So long as you have clean thoughts, you should be OK!

Slayer23

Now thanks for the visuals my drone humped the neighbours dog sounds like a headline from the SPORT lol how I miss that paper
Mr,Mr, Can I have a go
please, please, please
EH ??? Don't You ? Mr

Slayer23

Today I discovered the joys of simulators
They are poo they don';t fly nothing like the real thing and unless you got some kind of super computer they are laggy as hell
the best bit is I got to use my radio to get used to it a little :D
now all I got to do is build something to fly with it lol

still there is plenty of time lol
Mr,Mr, Can I have a go
please, please, please
EH ??? Don't You ? Mr

LuMan

Heh. Sims will never be as good as the real thing (refrains from saying obvious dirty joke..), but they are good for getting used to which direction a drone goes when you waggle the stick a certain way.

I';m using my sim mainly for getting used to smooth movements. If I use the F550 Flamewheel with gimbal in Heli-X6 it handles about the same as my Pathfinder 2 Hex, if I fly both on low rates. I';ve also been using it for FPV, but I crash loads. I';ve not flown UAV in real life yet, so I don';t know how accurate it is.

Thanks to Darrell ( :laugh:) I';ll be getting a CX-33 soon and I';ll have a play with FPV.

Slayer23

lol that';s the thing I noticed about that Darrell he loves to put temptation in your path all the time he is evil
Mr,Mr, Can I have a go
please, please, please
EH ??? Don't You ? Mr