Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,September 20, 2024, 11:31:13

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
12 May 2024 08:13:51
 I have some F1 Abusemark boards going spare,,,,,,,,,,,,,    ;)    :azn
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:12:29
And with oldskool parts  :D
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:11:57
I must be the only one doing tricopters right now  :laugh:
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:09:30
 :D
Gaza07:
11 May 2024 21:15:16
Domain has been renewed closure has been cancelled  :D
Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,478
  • Total Topics: 20,271
  • Online today: 36
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 25
Total: 25

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

SP F3 PID

Started by Steve Farrimond, Saturday,January 30, 2016, 21:10:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Farrimond

Hi all,

I have a QAV210 running a Seriously Pro F3 and cleanflight v1.11.0 and on the first takeoff I suffered real bad oscillation of the PID';s. safely landed. off back to the computer and check there was nothing wrong with the model, seemingly this is a common issue with this version of cleanflight see;

https://youtu.be/iHQE6fHiozk

I changed one of the ';P';s from 9 to 2 as stated in the comments and I had a refly, much better, but still not perfect.

the problem is I don';t seem to understand the PID tuning menu of cleanflight and can';t seem to get the information I need, can anyone help?

I understand what a PID is, I just don';t understand the menu.

what are the 3 profiles used for? multiple rates?

what are multiwii 2.3, multiwii rewrite and luxfloat? which is best?

thanks in advance, sorry to be so vague

Fletch

The three profiles are so you can have 3 different sets of PIDs, and PID controllers and you can switch between them using your phone and ezgui, stick commands or your PC.

I just put the latest Betaflight and cleanflight on my mates ZMR and got the same issues.  Including the change, its still a bit ******!

I believe rewrite is the most tolerant controller, and will work well with a very wide band in the PIDs

I find luxfloat looks nicer through a camera!  I can';t explain it better than that!

I';m using the naze32 but much and such the same

Steve Farrimond

thanks for attempting to help Fletch.

I have been speaking to Annikk on the forums chat page and he has been a whole world of help.

I am going to use LuxFloat, and try to manually dial the PID';s. he has explained the whole PID tab in clean flight and I already know how a PID works, so hopefully i';m going to be able to get it sorted.

I';ll let you know. If you';ve got any questions fire away as I might be able to answer?

many regards, Steve.

Cheredanine

Just to be clear, different PID controllers are not there to give you different profiles, the mathematics is different between PID controllers.
Luxfloat was generally considered to be the best if you had a camera, it uses floating point math and f3 chips have a separate fpu so it did not tie up processing power on the gpu.

HOWEVER BorisB has stated that there is no longer any difference between rewrite and luxfloat and since the incremental S on lux float are constrained to a single decimal place, this presents much less ganularity than the increments in rewrite. Accordingly rewrite is now generally accepted as the better controller (this is all in the cleanflight/betaflight docs)

So I would say go with rewrite

Fletch

Quote from: Steve Farrimond on Saturday,January 30, 2016, 23:49:03
thanks for attempting to help Fletch.

I have been speaking to Annikk on the forums chat page and he has been a whole world of help.

I am going to use LuxFloat, and try to manually dial the PID';s. he has explained the whole PID tab in clean flight and I already know how a PID works, so hopefully i';m going to be able to get it sorted.

I';ll let you know. If you';ve got any questions fire away as I might be able to answer?

many regards, Steve.
I';m a big fan if luxfloat as well although on my latest minis its been a little twitchy ... I need to sit down with Luke and get him to help me with PIDs

Steve Farrimond

Quote from: Fletch on Sunday,January 31, 2016, 09:07:02
I';m a big fan if luxfloat as well although on my latest minis its been a little twitchy ... I need to sit down with Luke and get him to help me with PIDs

I need also to sit down with someone and see if i can learn this all. it';s a little hard when someone in the know can';t see what i';m seeing. I could be missing something really obvious to someone else

Fletch

Quote from: Steve Farrimond on Sunday,January 31, 2016, 11:34:09
I need also to sit down with someone and see if i can learn this all. it';s a little hard when someone in the know can';t see what i';m seeing. I could be missing something really obvious to someone else
I';ll happily connect to your pc with teamviewer and see if I can help ...

Steve Farrimond

teamviewer?

is that something that can be done with a mac?

to be fair, i don';t want someone to just do it for me, I want to understand the software and the process on the quad

Fletch

It would appear so ... It lets me see and control your screen ... I';m no guru but should be able to give basic info

I';ll pop in the chatroom this evening around 8