Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,September 19, 2024, 22:17:41

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
12 May 2024 08:13:51
 I have some F1 Abusemark boards going spare,,,,,,,,,,,,,    ;)    :azn
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:12:29
And with oldskool parts  :D
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:11:57
I must be the only one doing tricopters right now  :laugh:
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:09:30
 :D
Gaza07:
11 May 2024 21:15:16
Domain has been renewed closure has been cancelled  :D
Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,478
  • Total Topics: 20,271
  • Online today: 34
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 36
Total: 36

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Advice for FPV Monitor Setup

Started by NorcoT, Monday,June 01, 2015, 23:24:11

Previous topic - Next topic

NorcoT

Hey all, I';ve been flying quads for a couple of years now and had a few months flying FPV using FatShark Predator V2 on my F450 build. However after a few months I decided I really didnt like the goggles and the inability to easily look around. Felt claustrophobic.. So I sold them.

So i recently built myself a 250 with the primary aim to expand my flying abilities, my 450 is stable and smooth with its 450, I wanted something more nimble and that cost less to fix if/when I crash it. After watching some 250 FPV videos I feel like I want to try FPV again, but this time with a screen and a 250.

Any recommendations on where to start with a monitor/VTX/RX/Camera setup? On a budget would be good, under £100 to £150 would be good, or perhaps sub £100?!... My only previous FPV gear (FatSharks) came as a kit so i';ve no idea where to start with specing out my own setup..

NorcoT

That';s about £150, would do the trick thanks. Any experience with any of that kit? Know if it';s any good?

NorcoT

Also I just noticed it has dvr in that monitor. Is the video quality any good? I do like making videos from flying but tend to put my gopro onboard.

bazzerh

I can speak for the cam and vtx which i both use. the monitors are all pretty much of a muchness i think. skyzone is a reputable brand but it';s pay your money and take your choice really. the video it will capture will be direct from the fpv cam and vtx. wont be great quality but viewable for yourself to relive some moments of epicness. some fpv videos on youtube mix the HD and dvr recorded footage if you want to compare. borisb vids usually have a dvr sequence included. also good if you lose a quad too as you can rewind a few times to pinpoint the crash site.

you';ll also need a tripod of some sort for the monitor, and batteries to run it.

a cheaper option would be a basic screen and separate vrx. more wires trailing around but you can hike up the rx on a tripod or pole away from yourself and that';s always useful for best reception.
Round By Round Qualifying and Finals For All.

it just makes sense

NorcoT

Revs

I wouldn';t go for that camera, its fov is a bit wide. Most people use 2.8mm lenses, giving 86* fov. Also Sony SuperHAD II CCDs are better IMO

NorcoT

what about the 110deg version of the eachine then? They have that on BG too, nice and cheap!

Also is the Diversity receiver worth the extra £';s? Boscam do a single receiver too which is half the price.

quadfather

Quote from: NorcoT on Tuesday,June 02, 2015, 22:09:15
what about the 110deg version of the eachine then? They have that on BG too, nice and cheap!

Also is the Diversity receiver worth the extra £';s? Boscam do a single receiver too which is half the price.

The 110 degree version I bought came with the LT200 VTX which had a slightly higher output than the 148 degrees one (ET200). http://www.multi-rotor.co.uk/index.php?topic=13917.0.  The camera is the same for both kits and it';s a bit naff.

The PZ0420 based cams are generally well regarded for FPV and there are now a few sizes and configurations available.  I recently ordered the RunCam SkyPlus, but haven';t received it yet.  But there are plenty others.  Oscar Liang has written a good primer for choosing what sensor, angle, IR blocking or not, etc here http://blog.oscarliang.net/best-fpv-camera-quadcopter.

Diversity on such a small footprint makes sense if you mix antenna types, for example helical and clover, or two helicals at offset angles.  If you just slap rubber ducks on them they will be too close to make a difference.

It appears that Eachine are now reselling a lot more Boscam/Skyzone kit cheaper than they do.  For example the RC832 VRX for £18.
http://www.banggood.com/Eachine-FPV-5_8G-32CH-Wireless-AV-Receiver-RC832-p-975426.html
-rw-rw-rw-  –  The Number of the Beast

NorcoT

Thanks for the feedback. I went ahead and ordered the 110 eachine kit, at £16 it will get me going at least! And I decided to go basic Boscam rc305 at £18. Plus I managed to use a voucher code for UK stock and saved 7%. So all in all I got tx rx camera and monitor for about £60!

From what I could find on YouTube the bits of kit ordered are basic but work, at that price if it gets me 200m range and I can fly FPV I';ll be happy. I';m sure I will upgrade in future but that spare kit can be used on my 450 for lining up camera shots or alternatively as a viewing station for friends.