Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Sunday,September 22, 2024, 22:34:08

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
12 May 2024 08:13:51
 I have some F1 Abusemark boards going spare,,,,,,,,,,,,,    ;)    :azn
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:12:29
And with oldskool parts  :D
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:11:57
I must be the only one doing tricopters right now  :laugh:
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:09:30
 :D
Gaza07:
11 May 2024 21:15:16
Domain has been renewed closure has been cancelled  :D
Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,478
  • Total Topics: 20,271
  • Online today: 27
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 17
Total: 17

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Naze32 altitude hold i think i am getting somewhere

Started by davethepitch, Thursday,May 28, 2015, 15:25:59

Previous topic - Next topic

davethepitch

I have spent most of yesterday and today trying to get the altitude hold to work on the Naze32 and i think i may be getting somewhere now and i have been watching videos and reading different forum comments about the naze32 altitude hold and it seems others have come across the same problem as me.

I have tried the default Naze32 settings which i think are P= 5 I=0 D=0 and i had no barometer control at all with those settings and the quad went its own way so after watching a video on another Naze32 thread of mine i used his settings which were P= 23.5 I=.255 D=230 but those did not work either and my quad threw a wobbly.  :o

It was a bit to windy today but i have got the Naze32 to sort of work in altitude hold but either because of the wind or other variables the quad sometimes goes up or down anything from 6 inches up to about 2 feet but it is more stable in altitude mode indoors and goes up and down about again 6 inches up to maybe a foot if that so I will wait for a calmer day and tweak the PID settings to see if i can get it better for outdoors.

I attached open cell foam over the barometer and after a telephone call to Phil i was advised as a test to cover the Naze32 in cardboard to cut out prop wash and light so i made a small cardboard box to cover the Naze32 and i guess there seems to be about a 20% improvement outdoors with the cardboard box over the Naze32 than without it so i am going to try a case for the Naze32.

I will now wait for a calmer day and have another play with the PID settings and i have done a video for your perusal and all past advice has been appreciated.

Thanks Dave

http://youtu.be/jC1LfjlIzGA

Panther

Yep, I know where you are at. Been struggling with mine and wondered if the Baro was working at all.
RTH is working fairly well but Hold is a different story but the last 2 times I tried it it seems to be trying to work but in a large-ish circle. I just wish I could tighten it up to, say, 10 feet. I would be happy then.
Keep us posted mate.

davethepitch

Quote from: Panther on Thursday,May 28, 2015, 23:41:37
Yep, I know where you are at. Been struggling with mine and wondered if the Baro was working at all.

I have received some parts from Phil today and one of them is a case for the Naze32 so i had to strip down the top and bottom parts of the quad and remove the board re soldered the main power wires and re routed them as i wanted to sit the Naze32 case direct on the frame instead of using mounting it on stand offs and then back to rebuilding.

I am about an hour from finishing it so i will see how it performs.

Dave

davethepitch

Quote from: davethepitch on Friday,May 29, 2015, 15:23:53
I have received some parts from Phil today and one of them is a case for the Naze32 so i had to strip down the top and bottom parts of the quad and remove the board re soldered the main power wires and re routed them as i wanted to sit the Naze32 case direct on the frame instead of using mounting it on stand offs and then back to rebuilding.

I am about an hour from finishing it so i will see how it performs.

Daved

It didnt perform because I crashed 2ft from the ground on launch bent frame bolts, skids, two props.  :(

bazzerh

Did you reinstall the flight controller the same orientation as it was before?
Round By Round Qualifying and Finals For All.

it just makes sense

davethepitch

Yes mate fc all the same no excuses it was pilot error.

Panther

quadfather

An example why I';m apprehensive of the baro on the Naze, or its suitability to maintain stable altitude.  This is my test board sitting on my desk.  No sunlight, no prop wash or draft.

If this had been on a quad it would have ploughed into the ground from two feet as well.  This is based on my assumption that the quad would have thought it raised at the beginning of the graph which would have made it drop the throttle to maintain altitude.

Perhaps I';m expecting too much, but I did expect the graph to be flat and at 0 given the conditions it';s currently in.  What gives?  :shrug:

More reading required I think.  :hmm:
-rw-rw-rw-  –  The Number of the Beast

Panther

Quote from: quadfather on Saturday,May 30, 2015, 00:04:56
An example why I';m apprehensive of the baro on the Naze, or its suitability to maintain stable altitude.  This is my test board sitting on my desk.  No sunlight, no prop wash or draft.

If this had been on a quad it would have ploughed into the ground from two feet as well.  This is based on my assumption that the quad would have thought it raised at the beginning of the graph which would have made it drop the throttle to maintain altitude.

Perhaps I';m expecting too much, but I did expect the graph to be flat and at 0 given the conditions it';s currently in.  What gives?  :shrug:

That is interesting quadfather.  Thanks for posting that info.
I really am thinking the baros are not much chop on the Naze.

forest

mine does the same qf , the ez ground station tells me it 2m off the ground when it is sat on the ground  and the baro is well covered with open cell foam
In the hanger: Husban X4, Syma X3, 
DIY wooden H quad 450
Emax night hawk 250 low rider, 4s
Qav 250 4s
Fat bee 180 4s

davethepitch

Quote from: quadfather on Saturday,May 30, 2015, 00:04:56

I am not sure if i am on the same screen as you or even if i have set something wrong in Baseflight but this is my Raw Sensor Data screen showing the barometer at the bottom.

I have got the 250 connected inside with no draughts, wind or prop wash and i hope this should give a similar test comparison to yours.

Dave