Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Sunday,September 22, 2024, 14:35:12

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
12 May 2024 08:13:51
 I have some F1 Abusemark boards going spare,,,,,,,,,,,,,    ;)    :azn
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:12:29
And with oldskool parts  :D
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:11:57
I must be the only one doing tricopters right now  :laugh:
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:09:30
 :D
Gaza07:
11 May 2024 21:15:16
Domain has been renewed closure has been cancelled  :D
Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,478
  • Total Topics: 20,271
  • Online today: 27
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 26
Total: 26

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

How have you secured the foam on your FC

Started by davethepitch, Wednesday,May 27, 2015, 16:08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

davethepitch

I have got some black open cell foam and i was wondering what different methods people have used to successfully secure the foam over the barometer on the FC board.

I have read that some people have used hot glue and then others say not to use it as it can damage the board when being removed and most say no to CA and a few have used black electrical tape to secure the foam as it helps reduce light even more.

The company that gave me this foam said he would use silicon sealant as it will grip around the foam structure but he was not sure about whether it would affect the FC when being removed.

Dave

bazzerh

Quote from: davethepitch on Wednesday,May 27, 2015, 16:08:11
I have got some black open cell foam and i was wondering what different methods people have used to successfully secure the foam over the barometer on the FC board.

I have read that some people have used hot glue and then others say not to use it as it can damage the board when being removed and most say no to CA and a few have used black electrical tape to secure the foam as it helps reduce light even more.

The company that gave me this foam said he would use silicon sealant as it will grip around the foam structure but he was not sure about whether it would affect the FC when being removed.

Dave

hot glue is easy to remove, just a teeny bit of brake cleaner or any other alcohol based fluid makes it harden and loses its stickyness. havent tried vodka yet but if its the 50% stuff it might work  :beer2:

failing that if your fc is low enough why not stick the foam to the frame so its pressing up on the barometer?
Round By Round Qualifying and Finals For All.

it just makes sense

Chippercheese

I border the baro sensor with double sided foam tape likea square frame, then attach the foam block to that. Tacks well enough to stay on, but comes off nice and easy when needed.
TBS Discovery + ghetto printed gimbal, HovershipMHQ 1 & 2, QAV250, Turnigy Talon V2, chinese Alien500 thingie, 3d Printed Tricopter, Bix 3, [url="//flyingwings.co.uk"]Flyingwings.co.uk[/url] FalconEVO, Venturi EVO 1+2, Hornet Racing Wing, Radjet800 (by the dozen)... Permanent sucker for FPV, and lots and lots of OpenLR

tupoar

As my both my naze are in cases I place the foam over the baro and the put the lid on. Job done.
A new way of buying and selling RC Gear.

[url="//www.rcmungo.com"]www.rcmungo.com[/url]

Craft: RE Decker 180, RE X1, HK Thorax, Hubsan X4, Q4
FC: Naze32, Flip32, Sparky, CC3D, SP Racing F3
VRX: RCD T-Box - 40 Channel Diversity

Gaza07

Using a case has to be the best way  ~~ just dont start gluing stuff to your flight controller you dont know what long term affect it may have on the board and if you get any in the baro its game over  :thumbdown:
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]

Jazzz

I';ve often wonderd wether the glue from my double sided foam tape will cause a bridge between one of the solder joints on the bottom of my fc
hope not

annikk.exe

Quote from: Jazzz on Thursday,May 28, 2015, 06:55:37
I';ve often wonderd wether the glue from my double sided foam tape will cause a bridge between one of the solder joints on the bottom of my fc
hope not

I doubt it would, but if you';re worried you could always test the sticky bit with a multimeter and look for a "short". :>  My guess is you won';t find one, even if the nodes are just a few mm apart.

PaulJC

Quote from: annikk.exe on Thursday,May 28, 2015, 08:25:07
I doubt it would, but if you';re worried you could always test the sticky bit with a multimeter and look for a "short". :>  My guess is you won';t find one, even if the nodes are just a few mm apart.

I have tried, you wont find any, you wont find any from hot glue either, long term effects should be none as it';s often used for the insulation/securing of components...