Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,September 20, 2024, 10:58:50

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
12 May 2024 08:13:51
 I have some F1 Abusemark boards going spare,,,,,,,,,,,,,    ;)    :azn
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:12:29
And with oldskool parts  :D
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:11:57
I must be the only one doing tricopters right now  :laugh:
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:09:30
 :D
Gaza07:
11 May 2024 21:15:16
Domain has been renewed closure has been cancelled  :D
Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,478
  • Total Topics: 20,271
  • Online today: 36
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 31
Total: 31

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

250 quad crash - took out my diatone frame and fatshark vtx :(

Started by djmk4, Saturday,May 09, 2015, 12:03:43

Previous topic - Next topic

djmk4

****** off.

Looks like there was a loose solder joint from previous crash on the 250. Went out this morning and of the motors cut

Diatone frame knackered. Antenna pulled from fatshark vtx

Ffs

Can these antennas be fixed back on easy?It looks to have ripped off the pads from the pcb.  Is there a vtx that will perform as good if not better than the fatshark one at a fraction of the cost?

PaulJC

nub

bummer! been there a few times :laugh:

vtx might be repairable, i';ve ripped mine right off only had part of a ground pad was left, but i was able to scrap off some of the PCB coating to expose the signal track, anyways i made a wee link with some wire and fired as much solder on as i could to the ground pin/pad and covered everything in epoxy. seems to be doing the job and has survived 2 further crashes ::)
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

djmk4

TBh the vtx would probably be best not going under my hand with soldering would also need another SMA or what ever it is type connection as the pins on that have snapped

The pads on the contacts have been ripped off.  connector knackered

Can anyone reccomend a good (but cheap)/performs just as well as the fatshark 250mw?

Need a replacement by the looks, something that will have connectivity for a 4S and 3S battery.

quadfather

Snap a couple of close-up pics of the VTX where the connector ripped off.  Make sure they are in focus, please.  :laugh:

Was the battery disconnected in the crash?  If not, how long was the VTX powered after the crash until you pulled the plug?

Regarding cheap VTX, pretty much anything with 32 channels will cover the Fatshark/ImmersionRC frequencies.  If possible double-check that these are listed in the specs
5740, 5760, 5780, 5800, 5820, 5840, 5860 (all in MHz)

Favourites on this here forum are Aomway mini VTX & SkyZone TS5823.  Recently the Eachine ET200 showed up.  Very cheap but I';m not sure many people have tested it yet.  All of these cover the needed frequencies and can take up to 24V.
-rw-rw-rw-  –  The Number of the Beast

djmk4

Was a good 5 mins I think before I remembered to disconnect the power.

Here is the best pics I can get I am afraid

I have also been told about Aomway Micro 200MW, although I heard these get quite hot and people reporting 4S burns it out?

I have a 5000mah 4s battery is the max I use, but the 250 quad I use 3S

Can you also hook up a mobius to these Aomway if you want? I dont at the moment, but was looking at that

quadfather

Quote from: djmk4 on Saturday,May 09, 2015, 13:27:55
Was a good 5 mins I think before I remembered to disconnect the power.

I have also been told about Aomway Micro 200MW, although I heard these get quite hot and people reporting 4S burns it out?

I have a 5000mah 4s battery is the max I use, but the 250 quad I use 3S

Can you also hook up a mobius to these Aomway if you want? I dont at the moment, but was looking at that

That looks like it could be fixed.  Although all solder pads are ripped off, which means a new connector would have to be glued on and will not give the same strength as a soldered one.  This can be alleviated by using a pigtail and mounting the antenna on the frame instead of the VTX, though.

Five minutes without an antenna is a long time.  There';s a good chance the transmitter is fried, but without attempting a repair there';s no sure way to tell.  It might still work as before, it might work with reduced range or it';s toast.

I';ve just powered my Aomway on the bench hooked up to a 3S LiPo.  It';s warm to the touch, and one could argue they are designed to be moved through the air and as opposed to being run stationary at room temperature.  I suppose with increasing input voltage the warmer they will get, because the regulators produce more heat the higher the difference to the output voltage is.

djmk4

I wouldnt know how to fix it to be honest, I am not great when it comes to repairing small things, I failed at trying to solder the pins on a naze board completely messing it up, im ok with soldering bigger items like escs to PCB, so it would be worth just me getting a new one.

There is still no confirmation if Aomway mini can handle 4S without blowing it, there are a lot of reports of people frying it when trying to use 4S.

Someone I know on another forums says he uses 4S, but im talking about a 5000mah 4S battery?

I can handle warm to the touch, I mean they are not expensive, but I just want to ensure im not going to use it with my 250 quad, then try it with the 450 where I have a 4S and pop.

djmk4

Think I am going to go for one of these, there are tons of reviews which seem positive, plus a spare camera
even if it is not the best cam, TX seems to be getting lots of thumbs up

http://www.banggood.com/Eachine-700TVL-13-Cmos-FPV-110-Degree-Camera-w32CH-Transmission-p-965760.html

quadfather

Quote from: djmk4 on Saturday,May 09, 2015, 14:08:00
I wouldnt know how to fix it to be honest, I am not great when it comes to repairing small things, I failed at trying to solder the pins on a naze board completely messing it up, im ok with soldering bigger items like escs to PCB, so it would be worth just me getting a new one.

There is still no confirmation if Aomway mini can handle 4S without blowing it, there are a lot of reports of people frying it when trying to use 4S.

Someone I know on another forums says he uses 4S, but im talking about a 5000mah 4S battery?

I can handle warm to the touch, I mean they are not expensive, but I just want to ensure im not going to use it with my 250 quad, then try it with the 450 where I have a 4S and pop.

If you want to stick it in the post to me I';ll assess the damage and let you know the cost for materials.  I have fixed the same VTX for another forum member a little while back.  I think the cost was something around £5, but it depends on availability of the SMA connector.  The repair itself is trivial.

The capacity of the LiPo has no significance for the VTX. You could hook it up to a 10000mAh LiPo as long as you don';t exceed the voltage.

djmk4

Quote from: quadfather on Saturday,May 09, 2015, 14:13:55
If you want to stick it in the post to me I';ll assess the damage and let you know the cost for materials.  I have fixed the same VTX for another forum member a little while back.  I think the cost was something around £5, but it depends on availability of the SMA connector.  The repair itself is trivial.

The capacity of the LiPo has no significance for the VTX. You could hook it up to a 10000mAh LiPo as long as you don';t exceed the voltage.

If you could repair it I dont mind doing that :) I can keep it as a spare then. Or stick it on my 450 DJI as that doesnt get flown around agressivly like my 250 does :) obviously let me know any potential repair costs and some extra after assessment, if its no good you can just bin it I would think, or keep it as an ornament as its useless to me :p

Thanks for offering, unfortunatly I am only good enough to get by on electronics, and usually end up breaking any intricate work :p

Was mainly asking about power as I know on my fatshark kit I have a module where you can stick a 3s or 4s battery balance cable in, I think on some of these they only have the 3S option, but wondering if I can use my existing fatshark battery module thing.

How do I get my address to you? my email is djmk41984 [at] googlemail.com

quadfather

Quote from: djmk4 on Saturday,May 09, 2015, 14:19:55
If you could repair it I dont mind doing that :) I can keep it as a spare then. Or stick it on my 450 DJI as that doesnt get flown around agressivly like my 250 does :) obviously let me know any potential repair costs and some extra after assessment, if its no good you can just bin it I would think, or keep it as an ornament as its useless to me :p

Thanks for offering, unfortunatly I am only good enough to get by on electronics, and usually end up breaking any intricate work :p

Was mainly asking about power as I know on my fatshark kit I have a module where you can stick a 3s or 4s battery balance cable in, I think on some of these they only have the 3S option, but wondering if I can use my existing fatshark battery module thing.

How do I get my address to you? my email is djmk41984 [at] googlemail.com

I have sent you a PM.

I have also conducted a scientific temperature comparison test between the Aomway and the Eachine LT200 transmitters.  After two minutes of power from a 3S LiPo at 18oC with 0 m3/min airflow they have had the same perceived temperature (±5% callosity variance).

djmk4

Quote from: quadfather on Saturday,May 09, 2015, 14:34:21
I have sent you a PM.

I have also conducted a scientific temperature comparison test between the Aomway and the Eachine LT200 transmitters.  After two minutes of power from a 3S LiPo at 18oC with 0 m3/min airflow they have had the same perceived temperature (±5% callosity variance).

Recieved thanks, just sent you a reply :)

Like you say they are going to have airflow over them anyway so all good, I just thought I would give the Eachine a try (although this one http://www.banggood.com/Eachine-700TVL-13-Cmos-FPV-110-Degree-Camera-w32CH-Transmission-p-965760.html) as it comes with a camera so I may test it out and use it if its any good. Some people saying its not too bad, but I will still be using the camera which came with the fatshark.

quadfather

Quote from: djmk4 on Saturday,May 09, 2015, 14:39:32

Recieved thanks, just sent you a reply :)

Like you say they are going to have airflow over them anyway so all good, I just thought I would give the Eachine a try (although this one http://www.banggood.com/Eachine-700TVL-13-Cmos-FPV-110-Degree-Camera-w32CH-Transmission-p-965760.html) as it comes with a camera so I may test it out and use it if its any good. Some people saying its not too bad, but I will still be using the camera which came with the fatshark.

I bought the very same kit simply because it was so cheap, but my temperature test just now was the first time I had the VTX out of the box.  I read elsewhere that the camera is a bit naff, but what can you expect from a deal of that value.  The VTX doesn';t look too bad, I like that it has a push button to change channels and LEDs to show you the band and channel it';s on.  ~~

djmk4

Quote from: quadfather on Saturday,May 09, 2015, 14:44:29
I bought the very same kit simply because it was so cheap, but my temperature test just now was the first time I had the VTX out of the box.  I read elsewhere that the camera is a bit naff, but what can you expect from a deal of that value.  The VTX doesn';t look too bad, I like that it has a push button to change channels and LEDs to show you the band and channel it';s on.  ~~

Apparently some say its managable (the camera now) although looking at test results in the sun there does seem to be a bit of blackout towards the ground when the sun comes in to play, but quickly changes back.

I dont make a habit of flying in to the sun anyway. I will continue using the fatshark camera anyway as it generally is better. but still the VTX seems to be getting nothing but praise. Not bad :)

I will do a review and post it up when I get it, and my quad is back up and functioning  :laugh:

djmk4

My new VTX and camera arrived today, this one

http://www.banggood.com/Eachine-700TVL-13-Cmos-FPV-110-Degree-Camera-w32CH-Transmission-p-965760.html

Looks good :)

Although I am wondering if I want to use this with a 4S set-up, how do I connect the 4S battery? on my fatshark I had a 3 way connector which included a slot for the 4S battery this doesnt appear to have one but has one for 1 / 2 / 3 Cell

ChavasRegal

It look like its designed to run off a 3s balance lead, couldn';t you trim off one side wall and connect it to your 4s balance lead (GND, cell 1, cell 2 & cell 3) skipping cell 4 as its only using 2 wires, GND and I assume cell 3.

Otherwise you may need a BEC http://www.banggood.com/buy/Bec-12v.html

djmk4

I only use a 4S on my 450 quad, so if I can do that as a get around, cut off the side wall and just connect 3 pins? is there any downside to doing this?

or can I somehow not utilse that power module connector that came with my fatshark kit?

Stalker

I see you';ve already got a replacement vtx, but when my IRC one breaks, I';ll get one of these probably. Has the same input sockets as the IRC, so should be a direct replacement. http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/store/__72576__The_Aomway_5_8G_500mW_Video_Transmitter.html

djmk4

Yeh, I will go for a 500mw one but will buy one sepertly, just wanted a good cheap 200mw for now, but just need a way to hook it up to my 4s if I need to

philtrum

Sorry to hear about your crash mate, I';ve never seen a frame break like that before on the top plate, did it go in hard to concrete ?

if your not sorted for another frame, I have this now back in stock, similar look, but a lot stronger

http://makeitbuildit.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=30&product_id=135

hope thats of some help
Cheers
Phil
Many Thanks
Phil
[url="//www.makeitbuildit.co.uk"]www.makeitbuildit.co.uk[/url]

djmk4

Quote from: philtrum on Wednesday,May 13, 2015, 11:25:06
Sorry to hear about your crash mate, I';ve never seen a frame break like that before on the top plate, did it go in hard to concrete ?

if your not sorted for another frame, I have this now back in stock, similar look, but a lot stronger

http://makeitbuildit.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=30&product_id=135

hope thats of some help
Cheers
Phil

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the link, I was going to go for something like that, but ended up going for another Diatone, reason being is because I grabbed a load of spare parts off my now (broken) frame, have a bottom plate, some standoffs, 3 legs spare.

There were a few issues from a previous crash, I had a crack in the bottom frame which I epoxied up, but I also didnt spot a hanging solder joint, so next time I took it out, one of the motors cut out, sending it spinning over, must have landed weird, took out the top and leg with the motor where the solder joint had failed

I may be building another one though soon and plan to go for that frame.

ChavasRegal

Quote from: djmk4 on Wednesday,May 13, 2015, 10:01:47
I only use a 4S on my 450 quad, so if I can do that as a get around, cut off the side wall and just connect 3 pins? is there any downside to doing this?

or can I somehow not utilse that power module connector that came with my fatshark kit?

Is the fatshark module a UBEC? If so that should work, do you have a pic?
As far as connecting it to your balance lead I can';t see a problem, maybe someone else will have some insight.

djmk4

ChavasRegal

That should work as long as its outputting the right voltage for your new kit, the fat sharks take 6-17v where as your new kit needs 11.1v, if you have a multimeter you could test it.

djmk4

Quote from: ChavasRegal on Wednesday,May 13, 2015, 12:31:37
That should work as long as its outputting the right voltage for your new kit, the fat sharks take 6-17v where as your new kit needs 11.1v, if you have a multimeter you could test it.

I dont have a multimeter. So from that module, not sure how it all conneds, will have to look later.

djmk4

Hi all,

testing the new VTX and I am getting no output, the closest I can get is some kind of black with wavey lines, tried all the channels, tried it with the camera that came with my fatshark, and also the camera that came with this kit, tried NTSC and Pal, no go

This is with a 3S battery. So used the channel selector on the VTX and also the channel selector on my fatshark goggles

Is there something special here that im missing ? or is this unit faulty.

It does get hot, but heard this is normal..

Great, just reading this, so its NOT compatible with fatshark????

http://forum.banggood.com/forum-topic-43722.html

djmk4

Bah ignore, didnt realise on the VTX aswel as a quick button push for a channel swap, there is a longer button push to get to the next set of channels after the first 8 have been changed.

Still trying to figure out if I can connect this to a 4S battery though

Although cant find the answer anywhere, I cant even find anyone asking the question

quadfather

Quote from: djmk4 on Wednesday,May 13, 2015, 18:10:59
Bah ignore, didnt realise on the VTX aswel as a quick button push for a channel swap, there is a longer button push to get to the next set of channels after the first 8 have been changed.

Still trying to figure out if I can connect this to a 4S battery though

Although cant find the answer anywhere, I cant even find anyone asking the question

The specs say the VTX is good for up to 24V.  You can snip the big connector off and solder directly to a PDB or if you want flexibility use something like a JST RCY connector.  Female end to the PDB and male end to the VTX.

djmk4

Quote from: quadfather on Wednesday,May 13, 2015, 20:38:33
The specs say the VTX is good for up to 24V.  You can snip the big connector off and solder directly to a PDB or if you want flexibility use something like a JST RCY connector.  Female end to the PDB and male end to the VTX.

This is what I have at the moment. So the black thing stuck to the foam is the power board that came with the fatshark. You can see my new vtx, and that red and black wire is not plugged in to anything. This came with my fatshark kit and would have plugged from the fatshark in to its power board.

So basically your on about shipping the 3s balance connector that is part of the bunch of wires on my vtx and connecting the JST which then plugs in to my fatshark power board? And then I plug my battery in to the fatshark power board?

Sorry if I';m not getting this

There only one thing i can connect to the vtx. Its a longish white connector, and doesn';t look like the JST one you mention

Not like the fatshark has