Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Tuesday,September 24, 2024, 08:17:18

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
12 May 2024 08:13:51
 I have some F1 Abusemark boards going spare,,,,,,,,,,,,,    ;)    :azn
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:12:29
And with oldskool parts  :D
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:11:57
I must be the only one doing tricopters right now  :laugh:
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:09:30
 :D
Gaza07:
11 May 2024 21:15:16
Domain has been renewed closure has been cancelled  :D
Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,478
  • Total Topics: 20,271
  • Online today: 14
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 11
Total: 12

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

New to FPV & already looking to upgrade!!

Started by mattjack, Monday,March 23, 2015, 21:59:42

Previous topic - Next topic

mattjack

Hi guys

This is my first post since signing up a while ago :)

Have been using this forum for some ideas for my first quad and setup.

So i chose a DJI F450, naza lite with GPS, 3s 2200';s, go pro and Spektrum Ultra Micro FPV System with Goggles...

FPV was fitted a weeks ago..... and i';m already wanting to upgrade as the range on that transmitter is just not far enough! about 200 meters before it cuts out!

I';d like to be able to reach maybe 1k+ distance, what would you guys recommend ? As space is limited on the f450.

really love this new hobby... gets me and the dog out from under the wifes feet :D

Matt ( in somerset )

Mark_Felton

Had to Google the specs of the system, by the looks of it you have Fatshark goggles so you can look at Immersion RC tx and perhaps a board cam.  I am running a aomway mini FPV system with Fatshark goggles with the TBS rx, so i can use the aomway, immersion, boscam and several others, including Immersion (to a point).  One thing to note, the Fatsharks arent always compatible with other TX, best check before buying, they may well send and receive over a short distance but at distance you may lose video feed.
Worth looking around the various sellers, try the list on here, as good a place to start.

flybywire

Well, I can only speak from my own experience, but the antenna you use plays a large part in the process.  I';ve been using Gav';s skew antenna';s for some time, and they give a good range, and look very nice as well!   

Practically speaking, range with 5.8 ghz gear will largely depend on how high you are flying.  For instance, there are examples here on MR-UK of a 5km flight using (I believe) standard FS 600mw Vtx, but the altitude always looked like a couple of hundred feet at least.  I prefer to fly low(er) so, I get nowhere near that kind of range.  My 600 mw has got me out just over 1km fairly easily @ around 30-50ft, but that was from a good vantage point in a valley.  Going the other way, on the flat and over trees, it starts to get drop out';s at around 800m, so I';m afraid 5.8 is limited.
Ideally 1.2 or 900 mhz would be used, but they are illegal frequencies here in the UK, so really don';t go there!  In UK, I think we have an ideal freqency of 2.4 ghz (10mw) but of course then you need to start using UHF for your control frequency (which I do on one of my craft).  DJI use 2.4 ghz for their HD downlink, which works with their 2.4 ghz Tx because I believe both systems use spread spektrum tech, so do not interfere with each other, as would a standard analogue vtx on 2.4 ghz.

2.4 ghz is less susceptible to loss of range due to stuff like trees etc, but it still won';t like solids like hills etc, that';s when you need the lower freq';s which unfortunately are illegal in good old UK. 

Andy
Blog: [url="http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff"]http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff[/url]
The spiritual home of fpv large
Keep it emax, capiche?
Hardware? sure, I got hardware!