Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Tuesday,September 24, 2024, 10:11:19

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
12 May 2024 08:13:51
 I have some F1 Abusemark boards going spare,,,,,,,,,,,,,    ;)    :azn
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:12:29
And with oldskool parts  :D
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:11:57
I must be the only one doing tricopters right now  :laugh:
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:09:30
 :D
Gaza07:
11 May 2024 21:15:16
Domain has been renewed closure has been cancelled  :D
Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,478
  • Total Topics: 20,271
  • Online today: 14
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 20
Total: 21

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Thinking about getting fpv googles. Some questions.

Started by Rustydiver, Sunday,March 22, 2015, 19:03:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Rustydiver

Thinking about getting some fpv googles got a budget about £200/250.

Are fat shark any good I see they do a few kits in that range?
I';m a glasses wearer will I struggle to see?

Is it best to connect to a small camera rather Han go pro?

My son wants to get a tv screen, do I listen to him?

Friskle

i have the Predator V2 goggles, do like them, nice and clear, i dont quite need glasses all the time yet, but do require reading glasses, but i have no problem with the predators.
Yuneec Q500+
Yuneec Typhoon H
Nano QX2
Nano QX3D
Blade 180QX
Blade 200QX
DJI 450 frame + Naza M V2 = GPS
ZMR 250
250 Pro - Dys 2300kv motors , Naze32 Acro
300 Folding Frame sporting a Naza Lite + GPS

Rustydiver

I need glasses all the time I';ve got an astigmatism. Funny shape eye balls.

Rustydiver

Another question
Reading some websites they reckon 5.8ghz needs a radio ham license to use it. Yay or nay.

kilby

No ham licence required in the uk though the legal max power is 20mW.

A ham license doesn';t although permitting you higher power (apparently) does no permit you to make it airborne
Not much kit, but what I have I like
Armattan Tilt 2, Morphite 180, Quark 150, Decapitated NanoQX
Taranis+

Ben

As Kilby says, a ham licence doesn';t allow you to broadcast from the air, you';d need to be ground based.

A larger, say 600mw, VTx isn';t actually legal to use, but there';s not much done about people using them...
Inspire 1. Sky Hero X8 with Wookong. Spanky 6 with Naze32. TBS Pro. 2 x TBS Disco with Vector FC. Waterproof Tupperware quad with underslung GoPro. Vortex ordered..

stickboy

The resolution is pretty much the same with all of them so I';d assume the cheaper ones are only different for not offering diversity and all the other perks. I use the skyzone diversity goggles and still get static here and there so not sure I';d feel safe with a single antenna.

As far as cams, I definitely recommend a GoPro or similar quality. I';ve used the little Fatshark cam with the sd card slot but the quality is not comparable. Plus having the ability to change aspect ratio to fit your goggles screen gives you a better view. I think most the goggles out there are 4:3 so if you';re using 16:9 you';re cutting off the tops and bottoms of the view.

And you';re son may be onto something. Monitors are nice to have something so others can look over your shoulder. And being able to switch from line of sight to fpv flying is the best in my opinion.

kilby

What you really need to do is to try the goggles and there is really no substitute.

Fatshark are the mist common brand but Skyzone seem to be good and their new ones are apparently much improved.

Fatshark do diopter inserts so check if their values would suit your requirements.

I have been told that you can wear the skyzone ones with glasses but that can only be counted as 3rd hand info.

One if the important things is the field of view, I have tried the fatshark Base model (25° FOV) but feel the image us too small and looks like a smallish TV on the other side of the room and 32° to 35° is a decent balance.

Some people really like the Monitor based headsets as they are very immersive.
Not much kit, but what I have I like
Armattan Tilt 2, Morphite 180, Quark 150, Decapitated NanoQX
Taranis+

flybywire

As far as I am concerned, goggles are king.  I';ve had my Attitude';s for a few years, and they are pretty good, not sure if the v2';s are any better?  I can';t use a screen, tried it, was awful, even with a shade on, it was a real faff.  The goggles eliminate any distracting light from outside, in all but the brightest sunlight, it';s the closest you';ll get to real immersive flying.
When HD downlinks are more affordable, that';s when I';ll upgrade, although I hear the Dominator HD';s are decent.  BTW, I find the Hero 3 Black VGA output is pretty good, with nominal delay, but you wouldn';t really use it for a 250.
Blog: [url="http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff"]http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff[/url]
The spiritual home of fpv large
Keep it emax, capiche?
Hardware? sure, I got hardware!