Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,September 27, 2024, 03:23:10

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
12 May 2024 08:13:51
 I have some F1 Abusemark boards going spare,,,,,,,,,,,,,    ;)    :azn
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:12:29
And with oldskool parts  :D
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:11:57
I must be the only one doing tricopters right now  :laugh:
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:09:30
 :D
Gaza07:
11 May 2024 21:15:16
Domain has been renewed closure has been cancelled  :D
Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,478
  • Total Topics: 20,271
  • Online today: 14
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 13
Total: 13

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

RX5808 modules

Started by bazzerh, Wednesday,February 25, 2015, 08:40:28

Previous topic - Next topic

bazzerh

I';ve recently bought a few of these with a view to doing some projects, namely the RX5808 pro arduino GUI with channel scanner, spectrum analyser and perhaps also a diversity project (although i have also just ordered a FR632 vrx so that pretty much covers a lot of things!

what I';d like to do first though is build a simple dip switch operated 8 channel receiver.

first and noob question...

is it ok to run a small jumper between the board and the antenna base? pictures i';ve seen of opened up receivers have them soldered directly i think. but i cant see how i can do this as the legs dont line up easily. only thinking 20mm or so of jumper, would make the build a lot easier, how much would that degrade the signal?
Round By Round Qualifying and Finals For All.

it just makes sense

atomiclama

First off, I';m no expert in RF magic.

I';m planning on a diversity hack myself with those modules. I was going to mount them on a daughter board where the SMA connector would be. I think as long as you keep to connection short and also run the GND either side of the ANT signal you should be fine.
Wasdale X, Ow that hurt

bazzerh

Quote from: atomiclama on Wednesday,February 25, 2015, 09:01:07
First off, I';m no expert in RF magic.

I';m planning on a diversity hack myself with those modules. I was going to mount them on a daughter board where the SMA connector would be. I think as long as you keep to connection short and also run the GND either side of the ANT signal you should be fine.

I';ve got some veroboard I can chop up, is it important to use at least 2 of the ground legs on antenna base then?

it just makes sense

atomiclama

There are two GND pads on the module either side of the ANT I was just going to connect those to the vero board and down to the SMA. Not sure if this will help or hinder matching the impedance  :-/.
But as it will be short I hope it will make much difference  ::)
Wasdale X, Ow that hurt

dirtyharry

I soldered my sma connector directly to the case and output, it points directly up if the module is sitting flat  down and metal cover up , pins were spot on
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SMA-PCB-Straight-End-Launch-/321674127018?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4ae545a6aa

but probably a better idea is to get a bulkhead pigtail and just solder the cable directly to the module and the bulkhead goes where ever you want .

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-PCI-U-FL-to-RP-SMA-Antenna-WiFi-Pigtail-Cable-UK-seller-/220709111448?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item336349c698

bazzerh

:hmm: I bought the antenna bases with the 4 legs on the corners, havent seen the straight launch ones before. they look the ones to get.

well im cracking on with it with what ive got today, using veroboard and some pins. all seems lined up ok so gonna pop the soldering iron on in a mo. tea first

it just makes sense