Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,September 19, 2024, 00:31:10

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
12 May 2024 08:13:51
 I have some F1 Abusemark boards going spare,,,,,,,,,,,,,    ;)    :azn
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:12:29
And with oldskool parts  :D
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:11:57
I must be the only one doing tricopters right now  :laugh:
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:09:30
 :D
Gaza07:
11 May 2024 21:15:16
Domain has been renewed closure has been cancelled  :D
Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,478
  • Total Topics: 20,271
  • Online today: 30
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 31
Total: 31

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

QAV 250 clone build

Started by James.D, Sunday,January 25, 2015, 18:20:00

Previous topic - Next topic

bazzerh

for improved COG you probably want the arms under the middle plate
Round By Round Qualifying and Finals For All.

it just makes sense

James.D

Quote from: bazzerh on Friday,February 13, 2015, 11:32:36
for improved COG you probably want the arms under the middle plate

Thats the way I was thinking too, I';d rather have better COG and a bit of a faf to replace a broken arm. Hopefully that won';t happen much  :crossfingers:
The design is not the best to begin with having all that battery weight high up.  :hmm:

bazzerh

some others on here have pointed out that the battery on the top deck is pretty good as it counteracts the motors being under the props. the cog ideally would be dead centre of the 4 props  centres. quick and nasty way to assess this on your frame is just gently grab a prop and hold the quad up against a vertical line and eyeball where the centre of the quad is hanging on both axis. if u wanted to get precise use string and take pictures
Round By Round Qualifying and Finals For All.

it just makes sense

Hands0n

Although ... to completely be the team Heretic here ... CoG on these little quads is not particularly important or significant.  Unless you';re wildly out of whack.    Looking around at so many of the mini-H builds the CoG is all over the place and yet has no impact on flight performance that seems to trouble the pilots.

On the bigger gear, 450 and above, it is more possible to get CoG out - but even then, with some severe and very deliberate abuse of CoG rules on Old Planky (my KK2.1.5 powered arrangement of Wickes finest Pine) I have yet to experience any truly detrimental impact of CoG rule breakage.
--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

Dino

Quote from: James.D on Friday,February 13, 2015, 07:33:25
I want to mount some more LED lights on the tops of the arms so I want the motor wires to wrap around.
Yes I did drill the case for the bolts to pass through, Just make sure it';s the correct size drill bit and not to big or the FC will lose it';s seating position.
LEDs, got ya.
I CA glued M3 nylon nuts to the bottom of my CC3D case which works nicely, I didn';t fancy the faff with drill versus case lol.  It';s a shame that the holes in the bottom of the case aren';t M3 threaded already.

Nige

Coming on nicely James. The day we get to meet up and fly together is getting closer.

I wouldn';t worry too much with CoG or with battery being on top. Not effected mine in any detrimental way like Handson said. I have balanced mine to fly with 1600 nano techs. But if Ive gone through my 3 1600s I have 2 2200s I stick on. The only CoG issue is they sit a little far back and cause it to dift backwards ever so slightly. Not an issue when you gunning it FPV styley.

I have everything crossed that your motor/esc issue is resolved.

Nige
Alien 500 AP Rig with APM 2.6
ZMR 250 w/ Acro Naze + Emax ESC + Motors DIY Quanum FPV goggles.
Pink lobster 230 quad full Naze, DYS motors & ESC

James.D

Quote from: Nige on Saturday,February 14, 2015, 00:15:57
Coming on nicely James. The day we get to meet up and fly together is getting closer.

I wouldn';t worry too much with CoG or with battery being on top. Not effected mine in any detrimental way like Handson said. I have balanced mine to fly with 1600 nano techs. But if Ive gone through my 3 1600s I have 2 2200s I stick on. The only CoG issue is they sit a little far back and cause it to dift backwards ever so slightly. Not an issue when you gunning it FPV styley.

I have everything crossed that your motor/esc issue is resolved.

Nige

It';s good to know COG does not effect these quads to much, I might swap the spacers and arms round and leave off the extra LED';S  for now.
Hopefully I might get to finish the build this weekend to test the motor and esc.

James.D

Tested the esc & motor.  Esc worked fine but the motor was still having intermittent trouble so may need a new motor but going to try resoldering the wires first.
All my FPV gear is now ordered  ~~ so hopefully will have it flying before it turns up.

James.D

After resoldering the motor wires it';s still having problems so must have been a duffer from the start  :rolleyes: .
Will order new one today and swap it out asap.

Paul01

You say it';s not spinning correctly, have you tried the motor with a different ESC and also have you checked that the screws are not shorting the motor?
TBS Tango 2
FatShark Dominator V3 with RapidFire Module
Armattan Chameleon-BF3.5.7
TBS Source One, KL100 Micro, Mobula7 HD
DJI Mavic Pro
[url="https://www.youtube.com/c/paul01"]https://www.youtube.com/c/paul01[/url]

James.D

Quote from: Paul01 on Sunday,February 15, 2015, 12:43:16
You say it';s not spinning correctly, have you tried the motor with a different ESC and also have you checked that the screws are not shorting the motor?

Yes thats the reason I';ve rebuilt and rewired from scratch. Must be a dodgy motor winding.

Paul01

Well, hope you get flying soon, nice looking build. Also, it';s not a QAV250 clone it';s a blackout 250 clone (ZMR 250). Only mention as i though it was QAV clone until I was looking for spare parts for mine.
TBS Tango 2
FatShark Dominator V3 with RapidFire Module
Armattan Chameleon-BF3.5.7
TBS Source One, KL100 Micro, Mobula7 HD
DJI Mavic Pro
[url="https://www.youtube.com/c/paul01"]https://www.youtube.com/c/paul01[/url]

James.D

Quote from: Paul01 on Sunday,February 15, 2015, 13:54:30
Well, hope you get flying soon, nice looking build. Also, it';s not a QAV250 clone it';s a blackout 250 clone (ZMR 250). Only mention as i though it was QAV clone until I was looking for spare parts for mine.

Oh yes so it is a ZMR copy  :slap:
Should be sorted soon enough thanks.

Nige

Glad you finally found the problem James.. hope the new motor is OK.. well chuffed to hear you ordered FPV gear.. we will have to meet up at some point when your finally airborn and learn/crash together lol

Nige

James.D

Quote from: Nige on Monday,February 16, 2015, 19:03:59
Glad you finally found the problem James.. hope the new motor is OK.. well chuffed to hear you ordered FPV gear.. we will have to meet up at some point when your finally airborn and learn/crash together lol

Nige

Cheers Nige, sounds good.
Can';t wait for new motor and FPV gear to arrive so I can finally get it finished.

Nige

James.D

Quote from: Nige on Monday,February 16, 2015, 19:52:02
what FPV gear did you go for?

I went for the Quantam goggle kit from HK, didn';t want to spend a fortune till I know I get on okay with goggles.

Nige

Funny coz I';ve just sold my fatsharks and bought the same as you. After trying Tupoar';s On Sunday I realised i liked the bigger screen.

James.D

Hmmm thats interesting that you prefer the bigger screen. What camera and vtx are you using?
Also my thinking was if I couldn';t get along with goggles I';d take the screen out of the goggles and fix it above my transmitter on a bracket like this

Nige

I';m using a Piot HD V2 camera and fatshark 250mw vtx.

The thing with goggles is you have to keep at it.. it will be very very strange and disorientating at first.. but keep at it.. because once to start to get the hang it is amazing..

Trev2971

Im still torn between my goggles and a 7" quanum screen (which is amazing), not used the screen for over 2 weeks as I really want to use the goggles,

we will see who wins in a few weeks I suppose
TBS Discovery v1 Naza FC / 3d print gimbal
TBS Discovery NazeAcro £100 Special
Alien 500 clone Multiwii
Flamewheel
TBS Discovery Naze32 full
Tbs Discovery aq500pro fc
RCX mini naze acro
Blackout Mini naze acro
HK550 scratch mini nazeacro
building a carbon tri
Hubsan X4 H107L (2)
Hubsan 107D and 10

James.D

Quote from: Trev2971 on Tuesday,February 17, 2015, 08:15:55
Im still torn between my goggles and a 7" quanum screen (which is amazing), not used the screen for over 2 weeks as I really want to use the goggles,

we will see who wins in a few weeks I suppose

I';m sure most people must go through the same thing eh. I';ve never flown FPV yet so going to be in the same boat pretty soon I guess  :o
What do you think are the good and bad points of goggles/screens?

Friskle

For myself personally, Re: goggles, i can see fine with them, but dont like the feeling of being totally blinkered, being completely closed off is hard to get used to.
Yuneec Q500+
Yuneec Typhoon H
Nano QX2
Nano QX3D
Blade 180QX
Blade 200QX
DJI 450 frame + Naza M V2 = GPS
ZMR 250
250 Pro - Dys 2300kv motors , Naze32 Acro
300 Folding Frame sporting a Naza Lite + GPS

James.D

Quote from: Friskle on Tuesday,February 17, 2015, 11:59:23
For myself personally, Re: goggles, i can see fine with them, but dont like the feeling of being totally blinkered, being completely closed off is hard to get used to.

Hmmm I fear this is the problem I will have too as I like to know whats going on around me, A bit like riding a motorbike with no mirrors  :o
I just won';t do it.
I';ll give the goggles a go though see how it feels.

Nige

With a screen you can FPV but then look up and see the quad at any time. This is a comfort blanket for some. Thing with goggles is they give you that real immersion into the quad. You can imagine your sat right there on the front of the quad flying it. Not with a screen.
I guess tho some people don';t like that feeling of being vulnerable while flying their quad. Personally the more immersive the better. 

kilby

Depends on the kind of flying you are doing too.

Chris';s helmet mounted screen is a useful compromise of immersion and being able to get some view of your surroundings.

Skyzone have a camera mounted on theirs so you can switch to an external view
Not much kit, but what I have I like
Armattan Tilt 2, Morphite 180, Quark 150, Decapitated NanoQX
Taranis+

James.D

Got the new motor changed now and finished the build but for FPV gear that I';m waiting for.

Marty852

Mate, great to see your posts and pictures.

I';ve been searching everywhere for details and tips, so the input on this forum is great. I';m a HK based Brit, but happen to be in China as we speak. Just found a supplier who has sorted everything except the radio gear and FPV. Waiting for delivery, eta 1 day. :)

The esc';s and props are the exact same as what u have, everything else seems different at least packaging wise. Can';t wait to get into it as well as see how urs goes. Good luck with the first flight.

Nige

aww man!!! saw there was an update on your build log James, crossed my fingers and hoped to read you had it airborn at last..  :shrug:

I';m all excited for you.. you must be close now!!

Nige

James.D

Quote from: Nige on Saturday,February 21, 2015, 14:41:21
aww man!!! saw there was an update on your build log James, crossed my fingers and hoped to read you had it airborn at last..  :shrug:

I';m all excited for you.. you must be close now!!

Nige

Thought I had it sorted a few days ago finished the build, connected with laptop to setup on GCS everything went as it should, all motor spin up going the correct direction. Tryed a test fight in kitchen and it just flipped over straight away.
Tried a few times now with the same result   :shrug:
I';ve give up on it to be honest as it was becoming stressful the exact opposite of what it was meant for. I';ve decided I';ll move back to a plane as I';ve had much better results and I can use my newly purchased FPV kit on that.

I was hoping for more fun out of this hobby but all I get is headaches  :laugh:

I wish you luck Nige setting up your flying club and thanks for your help.  ~~

Anyone want to buy a 250 quad?  ;)