Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Saturday,September 21, 2024, 06:25:25

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
12 May 2024 08:13:51
 I have some F1 Abusemark boards going spare,,,,,,,,,,,,,    ;)    :azn
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:12:29
And with oldskool parts  :D
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:11:57
I must be the only one doing tricopters right now  :laugh:
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:09:30
 :D
Gaza07:
11 May 2024 21:15:16
Domain has been renewed closure has been cancelled  :D
Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,478
  • Total Topics: 20,271
  • Online today: 20
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 17
Total: 17

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Micro MinimOSD

Started by quadfather, Thursday,January 15, 2015, 15:31:49

Previous topic - Next topic

quadfather

This looks interesting.

http://www.readytoflyquads.com/micro-minimosd

15x15mm sized MinimOSD running KV mod.

EDIT: Updated URL
-rw-rw-rw-  –  The Number of the Beast

teslahed

Very nice - i want one now as well.
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

kilby

What that needs is a short header lead to plug into the regular Sony camera socket.

Then you could tape that osd directly onto the back of the camera
Not much kit, but what I have I like
Armattan Tilt 2, Morphite 180, Quark 150, Decapitated NanoQX
Taranis+

quadfather

Now also available in the UK at http://www.hobbyrc.co.uk/micro-minimosd-for-naze32-with-multiwii-osd-kv-team-mod

If you factor in shipping from RTFQ the UK price isn';t that far off.

ChavasRegal

Vast improvement in size, still haven';t setup my full sized one yet...

teslahed

I couldn';t get the full sized version to fit neatly in my latest miniquad but the mini version is working very well for me.
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

Yellow

So I got one of these, and got the pins soldered on and plugged in fine, got a perfect place for it to sit in the frame, lovely piece of kit.

One thing I managed to do was one of the little solder patches has pulled off the board, as far as I know I soldered all the bits the same way, but this one has come clean off the board. is there a way to fix this, like gluegun it to keep the connection in place? or is it a question of having to buy a new one?

quadfather

Quote from: Yellow on Tuesday,May 05, 2015, 00:28:25
So I got one of these, and got the pins soldered on and plugged in fine, got a perfect place for it to sit in the frame, lovely piece of kit.

One thing I managed to do was one of the little solder patches has pulled off the board, as far as I know I soldered all the bits the same way, but this one has come clean off the board. is there a way to fix this, like gluegun it to keep the connection in place? or is it a question of having to buy a new one?

Has it just lifted off the board or did it completely separate?

They usually come off when you use a too powerful iron (delaminates the pad) or you apply too much pull on the cable once soldered.

Which one did you lose?

Yellow

Quote from: quadfather on Tuesday,May 05, 2015, 00:39:03
Has it just lifted off the board or did it completely separate?

They usually come off when you use a too powerful iron (delaminates the pad) or you apply too much pull on the cable once soldered.

Which one did you lose?

the rssi pad came off, looks like it delaminated like you said. if I could hold it in place might it still connect?

quadfather

Quote from: Yellow on Tuesday,May 05, 2015, 09:51:05
the rssi pad came off, looks like it delaminated like you said. if I could hold it in place might it still connect?

If it';s just bent up but still connected to the board you can put a small drop of CA between it and the board and then clamp it down with a clothes peg.  Make sure the drop is small enough so the CA doesn';t squeeze out and bonds the peg to the board.  :o

If it has completely separated re-attaching it won';t work.  You could try exposing some of the track and solder the wire directly.  But if your iron was the cause for delamination it';s probably not going to work on an even smaller track.

Yellow

Quote from: quadfather on Tuesday,May 05, 2015, 12:54:45
If it';s just bent up but still connected to the board you can put a small drop of CA between it and the board and then clamp it down with a clothes peg.  Make sure the drop is small enough so the CA doesn';t squeeze out and bonds the peg to the board.  :o

If it has completely separated re-attaching it won';t work.  You could try exposing some of the track and solder the wire directly.  But if your iron was the cause for delamination it';s probably not going to work on an even smaller track.

bugger, thanks for the help, any idea if the rest of the board will work with this one pad missing?

DarkButterfly

Still uses the MAX7456 OSD chip, it';s sensitive to variations in voltage, which can and does kill the chip.

Just like its full sized counterpart, you';ll be better powering it from 5v on the mavlink connector, to mitigate this problem.

looks like it could be a very neat solution and fairly easy to tack onto the back of a board cam.

Why use 4 motors when you can use 6?

YouTube channel
[url="https://www.youtube.com/user/RobR386"]https://www.youtube.com/user/RobR386[/url]