Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Monday,September 16, 2024, 11:58:51

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
12 May 2024 08:13:51
 I have some F1 Abusemark boards going spare,,,,,,,,,,,,,    ;)    :azn
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:12:29
And with oldskool parts  :D
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:11:57
I must be the only one doing tricopters right now  :laugh:
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:09:30
 :D
Gaza07:
11 May 2024 21:15:16
Domain has been renewed closure has been cancelled  :D
Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,477
  • Total Topics: 20,271
  • Online today: 22
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 26
Total: 26

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Integrated PDB for ZMR 250

Started by quadfather, Saturday,October 18, 2014, 16:32:00

Previous topic - Next topic

quadfather

MrMrdr,

sorry to hear of it being broken. I';d also like to offer my services to fix it.

I have some experience in repairing ripped pads and such, to get a device going again.  I';ve only ever done it to get it operational, not to look pretty, however.

If you can get us a close-up picture with top-down view of the delaminated trace?
-rw-rw-rw-  –  The Number of the Beast

mrmurder1975

Quote from: quadfather on Tuesday,December 02, 2014, 14:23:08
MrMrdr,

sorry to hear of it being broken. I';d also like to offer my services to fix it.

I have some experience in repairing ripped pads and such, to get a device going again.  I';ve only ever done it to get it operational, not to look pretty, however.

If you can get us a close-up picture with top-down view of the delaminated trace?

Thanks a lot Tim, thats really kind of you to offer. i love this forum. ive not been on for ages and as soon as i post about a problem, people are offering help. cant fault it can you. ~~

i have already pm';ed Danny about it mate, but if he decides he can not do it once he has had a look, i will gladly take you up on the offer.

And dont worry, im not after pretty, functional is perfectly good for me. wont really see it once its populated with everything else and mounted on the frame anyway.
Thanks again, i really appreciate you being willing to help me.
How high can it go?    High!
How far can it go?      Far!
How fast can it go?     Fast!
Can i have a go?        NO!!

Hands0n

Dal, fortunately Tim is only down t';road from me by about 8 miles and we both know where we live. So if push comes to shove we can collaborate on getting the board tickaboo for you.

Oh, and welcome back fella - I did occasonally wonder where ya went. ::)  Good to see you back.
--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

flybywire

Is that part not going to be vulnerable in actual use?  Even Royal Mail can';t impose as much brute force as a 250 hitting a tree surely?
Blog: [url="http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff"]http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff[/url]
The spiritual home of fpv large
Keep it emax, capiche?
Hardware? sure, I got hardware!

Hands0n

Isn';t the object of the exercise to *not* hit trees?  I think if we';re doing that then all bets are off anyway, even for the purdy things :laugh:

--
Danny

Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

mrmurder1975

Quote from: Hands0n on Tuesday,December 02, 2014, 14:39:36
Dal, fortunately Tim is only down t';road from me by about 8 miles and we both know where we live. So if push comes to shove we can collaborate on getting the board tickaboo for you.

Oh, and welcome back fella - I did occasonally wonder where ya went. ::)  Good to see you back.

ah sweet! so i just doubled my chances of getting it fixed then!  :laugh:

thanks for the welcome back Danny. i did drop in now and then to keep a toe in, but didnt really have anything constructive to post about. my mum always told if i have nothing useful to say, shut the **** up! lol :laugh:

DebianDave

[url="https://www.facebook.com/pages/North-London-Multirotor-Pilots/835897706429581"]https://www.facebook.com/pages/North-London-Multirotor-Pilots/835897706429581[/url]

Live in and around North London? Please like, share and participate on this page

quadfather

Quote from: flybywire on Tuesday,December 02, 2014, 14:40:09
Is that part not going to be vulnerable in actual use?  Even Royal Mail can';t impose as much brute force as a 250 hitting a tree surely?

Never underestimate RM';s resolve to squeeze something through the letterbox!  :banghead:

The components are near the centre of the place.  But you';re right, a well placed branch would still be able to shear off the SMDs.

malc

Vortecks

Quote from: DebianDave on Tuesday,December 02, 2014, 14:53:07
Wait, what?!

Ditto... all my local trees have an emblem dug into on the bark and props, randomly sticking out of them. Everyone who visits the site I';ve flown at, think it';s Autumn in the summer  :smiley:

Dino

mrmurder, sorry to hear about your board - hope you get it sorted without too much hassle.

Mine turned up safe today, but also with the buzzer not soldered in place.  I don';t remember reading that they would come unsoldered in the thread, but hey ho, I';m sure that 2 more solder joints won';t kill me (when I get around to ordering some more parts)!

I was surprised that it was in one piece with just a jiffy bag for protection though!

DebianDave

One would hope they';d survive a trip through the post. You are about to screw it into a flying brick, after all:)
[url="https://www.facebook.com/pages/North-London-Multirotor-Pilots/835897706429581"]https://www.facebook.com/pages/North-London-Multirotor-Pilots/835897706429581[/url]

Live in and around North London? Please like, share and participate on this page

Dino

Quote from: DebianDave on Tuesday,December 02, 2014, 20:55:33
One would hope they';d survive a trip through the post. You are about to screw it into a flying brick, after all:)
True, just need to find out if it';ll  survive a trip into a post now!  :laugh:

mrmurder1975

Quote from: Dino on Tuesday,December 02, 2014, 20:42:01
mrmurder, sorry to hear about your board - hope you get it sorted without too much hassle.

Mine turned up safe today, but also with the buzzer not soldered in place.  I don';t remember reading that they would come unsoldered in the thread, but hey ho, I';m sure that 2 more solder joints won';t kill me (when I get around to ordering some more parts)!

I was surprised that it was in one piece with just a jiffy bag for protection though!

Thats good news mate. hopefully nobody else will receive theirs broken,especially if you are unable to fix it yourself.

sending mine off today to Danny so hopefully between him and Tim, they will manage to sort it for me.

as for the buzzer overcraft has said he did not have them soldered on because some people were complaining of it messing with the mag on the full naze board and some people simply wanted to use their own buzzer. the good news is he has confirmed the batch 2 buzzer is not the same as the batch one and is louder than the latter. im yet to test that (obviously!) but if it is, that will be so much better.

Hands0n

Dal, would you like the buzzer on a flying lead or some pins fitted so you can use a JST plug for the buzzer?  Or shall we just mount it on the board and be done with?  I';ve got a bundle of JST leads I can substitute for hard soldered to the board, then you can place the buzzer where you like.

--
Danny

mrmurder1975

Quote from: Hands0n on Wednesday,December 03, 2014, 10:09:29
Dal, would you like the buzzer on a flying lead or some pins fitted so you can use a JST plug for the buzzer?  Or shall we just mount it on the board and be done with?  I';ve got a bundle of JST leads I can substitute for hard soldered to the board, then you can place the buzzer where you like.

i didn';t put the buzzer in the envelope mate. i didnt want to take liberties and include it in the hope you would solder it for me!

its no big deal though,i will just mount it to the board. i don';t use the full naze so no issue with it messing with the mag for me. if you could fix the trace and reattach the capacitor for me that would be a massive help as those are a little beyond what im comfortable attempting really.

the board went off at lunchtime today mate so hopefully it will be with you tomorrow :crossfingers:

Thanks Danny

Hands0n

OK fella, I didn';t think of that beforehand, but as you say its going on an Acro thats not so important.

Will keep you posted on developments and get the board winging its way back to you as quick as poss.
--
Danny

mrmurder1975

am i the only one on this forum that has received theirs so far?!!!  :hmm:

quadfather

Quote from: mrmurder1975 on Sunday,December 07, 2014, 15:08:56

Me and two other guys I spoke to haven';t received it yet.

Allen Williams

I ordered 2 off him and not  received them, but I did read it would be unlikely to get before Christmas. 
BNUC-S PILOT WITH PFAW

barneyg

quadfather

Quote from: Allen Williams on Sunday,December 07, 2014, 15:20:30
I ordered 2 off him and not  received them, but I did read it would be unlikely to get before Christmas.

They were dispatched two weeks ago.  Unless you refer to his third batch?

Vyizis

I got mine safe and sound on Wednesday.

malc

Trev2971

still waiting here too .... a Christmas build is good for me (please!)
TBS Discovery v1 Naza FC / 3d print gimbal
TBS Discovery NazeAcro £100 Special
Alien 500 clone Multiwii
Flamewheel
TBS Discovery Naze32 full
Tbs Discovery aq500pro fc
RCX mini naze acro
Blackout Mini naze acro
HK550 scratch mini nazeacro
building a carbon tri
Hubsan X4 H107L (2)
Hubsan 107D and 10

Dino

Quote from: mrmurder1975 on Sunday,December 07, 2014, 15:08:56
I received mine at the same time as yours, posted on the previous page!

karlak

topdonkey

I';ve ordered 2 boards for a new build in the new year from build number 3, these look ideal, my current wiring loom took ages to build

Hands0n

You';ll like these - there';s plenty of wiring taps all over the place for all manner of stuff, including the FPV gear - although I do worry a bit about EMI. Nothing a Low Pass filter wouldn';t help out with.
--
Danny

Hands0n

Here';s @mrmurder';s board repaired and powered up for demonstration.  This is what you can expect yours to look like  :smiley:

http://youtu.be/2OCSZDKHFsk
--
Danny