Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Monday,September 16, 2024, 11:47:37

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
12 May 2024 08:13:51
 I have some F1 Abusemark boards going spare,,,,,,,,,,,,,    ;)    :azn
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:12:29
And with oldskool parts  :D
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:11:57
I must be the only one doing tricopters right now  :laugh:
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:09:30
 :D
Gaza07:
11 May 2024 21:15:16
Domain has been renewed closure has been cancelled  :D
Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,477
  • Total Topics: 20,271
  • Online today: 10
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 22
Total: 22

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Integrated PDB for ZMR 250

Started by quadfather, Saturday,October 18, 2014, 16:32:00

Previous topic - Next topic

mrmurder1975

no email for me yet but he has just posted this.....

';';Packages were send on monday, tuesday and today. I couldn';t send them all together.

Your pdbs are on their way to your homes now, but its true that I didn';t send any messages, that dont want to say that your pdb is not shipped.

For the countries closed to Spain they should start to arrive, others around next week.';';

thats great news. all boards have now been sent and we should get them pretty soon. personally im gagging to find out if the buzzer on batch 2 is better than batch 1. if anyone gets theirs before me and cares to let me know, id be most greatful!
How high can it go?    High!
How far can it go?      Far!
How fast can it go?     Fast!
Can i have a go?        NO!!

barneyg

mrmurder1975

my email arrived too. phew! i was getting worried as everybody was saying they have had their email. ~~

malc

Vortecks

I';m looking forward to the big race to post:

1. A photo of the PDB unpacked
2. Photos of the PDB fitted

Now, where';s the popcorn?  :popcorn:

:smiley:

Trev2971

was getting worried ... got my email too .... there will be no race for me as I usually get everything last lol
TBS Discovery v1 Naza FC / 3d print gimbal
TBS Discovery NazeAcro £100 Special
Alien 500 clone Multiwii
Flamewheel
TBS Discovery Naze32 full
Tbs Discovery aq500pro fc
RCX mini naze acro
Blackout Mini naze acro
HK550 scratch mini nazeacro
building a carbon tri
Hubsan X4 H107L (2)
Hubsan 107D and 10

Dino

Email received - yay!

Haven';t got any other parts yet - boo!

DebianDave

I hear the v2 boards have a louder buzzer, anyone know what it is and can it be swapped out on a v1 board? The only dissapointment for me on a v1 is the buzzer
[url="https://www.facebook.com/pages/North-London-Multirotor-Pilots/835897706429581"]https://www.facebook.com/pages/North-London-Multirotor-Pilots/835897706429581[/url]

Live in and around North London? Please like, share and participate on this page

mrmurder1975

Quote from: DebianDave on Thursday,November 27, 2014, 07:51:09
I hear the v2 boards have a louder buzzer, anyone know what it is and can it be swapped out on a v1 board? The only dissapointment for me on a v1 is the buzzer

ditto. the batch 1 buzzer is useless!!!
i spent a long time looking for a buzzer to replace the one on my batch 1 board but didnt have any luck and gave up. there was one linked to in the pdb thread somewhere which was $22! not including shipping. absolutely stupid price for a little buzzer so i passed on that one.

i had quite a few lipo alarm';s scattered around my bench and in my parts bin and on a few of them i unsoldered the buzzer and then removed the one on the pdb (easy to do, just apply heat to the underside where the pins stick out and sort of shimmy it out, bit of heat on one pin, pull out a little, bit of heat on the other,pull out a little and so on...) but once i soldered them onto the pdb, all they did was let out a muffled,flat squawk. They were loud as a lipo alarm, but useless on the pdb. Not sure why, my knowledge of electronics is limited. I guess they were the wrong voltage or something.

anyway, yes you can remove and replace the pdb buzzer but with which specific suitable buzzer, i dont know. maybe someone on here can help. If i remember rightly the spacing on the pdb buzzer pins is 7.23mm.

I hope the batch 2 buzzer is (much) louder. if it is, i will be removing the buzzer and putting it on my batch 1 board as it will be quicker that way than stripping down the whole quad.
Then again, i like to tinker so i may just strip it down anyway! couple of my solder joints are a bit messy on batch 1 pdb so could tidy those up a bit!

mrmurder1975

for those wanting a pdb that missed the boat on the batch 2 ones, overcraft has just announced there will be a batch 3! with some modifications which are as yet,undecided. you can place your order here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2293247   

also team legit are now accepting pre orders on the batch 2 boards which they are expecting to arrive with them in the next few days (they are in the post)  http://www.team-legit.com/#!product/prd14/2789026941/pdb-board-for-team-legit-250-whiteout

DebianDave

Bah, rebuilt my mini with a V1 PDB already and didn';t take any measurements
[url="https://www.facebook.com/pages/North-London-Multirotor-Pilots/835897706429581"]https://www.facebook.com/pages/North-London-Multirotor-Pilots/835897706429581[/url]

Live in and around North London? Please like, share and participate on this page

topdonkey

Glad i didnt miss it this time, think i';ll get myself a new frame to build this one into and take my time in the new year to build it

quadfather

-rw-rw-rw-  –  The Number of the Beast

DebianDave

That';s the one. The carbon fiber version is arguably better (even for the increased price) but the fiberglass version is fine for a bush whacker

malc

batch 3 open until 14 December --- orders being taken now

deano

Ive got 2 on order. Im going to get a cheap fibreglass frame to see how i get on with it.

Is the naza suitable for a 250 frame. Ive got a spare without gps i could use
dji f330
q450 hk clone
3 whitesheep

Vortecks

Quote from: deano on Monday,December 01, 2014, 12:08:26

I wouldn';t. I tried a Naza in a 250mm and it didn';t really know what to do.
Buy a Naze32, they';re less than £20.

If you buy the fibreglass one and decide to upgrade to the carbon fibre version, please be careful - some of the listed ';carbon fibre'; ones are G10 core with a carbon fibre overlay.

Your best bet is use Phil';s shop - www.makeitbuildit.co.uk - he lists them exactly as they are!

Hands0n

Quote from: deano on Monday,December 01, 2014, 12:08:26

No. Just no. All that Vortecks said ::)  Dunno why though, Naza M works well on larger air frames.

With Naze32 just be sure what you want though. Naze Acro is about £20.  Naze Fu Fly or Full is going to cost around £40(ish).

--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

mrmurder1975

Well the good news is mine has arrived.

The bad news is its broken.

After waiting all that time for it to arrive, i cant even use it.

Not impressed to be honest.

The thin envelope it was sent in was never going to allow it to get from spain to the uk without being damaged.

Its no big deal the buzzer is not soldered on, thats a 30 second job and within my capabilities. The capacitor (?) trace and the capacitor itself however are not. My hands are not steady enough and my soldering ability is not refined enough to repair something as delicate as the trace.

So, that was a waste of time and money.

Dont mind admitting im totally gutted and completely p*ssed off.

Hands0n

Hey Dal, gutted for you also mate. But that does look very repairable to me.  Just need someone confident and handy with an iron near you who';ll solder that back for you.
--
Danny

Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

mrmurder1975

Quote from: Hands0n on Tuesday,December 02, 2014, 12:43:21
Hey Dal, gutted for you also mate. But that does look very repairable to me.  Just need someone confident and handy with an iron near you who';ll solder that back for you.

yeah that would be good mate, unfortunately i don';t know anyone around here to ask. not really sure what to do with it. I dont even know how to repair a trace. i assume its not just a case of sticking a blob of solder on it and holding it down,which would be the way i approach it  :rolleyes:  also, and it does not show up too well in the pics, some of the trace is stuck to the leg of the capacitor as well.

guess i need to get on google and see if i can find an idiots guide on how to repair it  :-/

deano

Have you contacted the seller? Gotta be worth a try
dji f330
q450 hk clone
3 whitesheep

Hands0n

It may not be elegant, but you can replace the trace with a jumper wire from the nearest suitable soldering point wherever the trace runs to.  A small bit of solid-cored telephone wire would do the trick, then fix it down and paint it black with enamel or nail varnish. it won';t be an invisible repair but it would be back in action.

If you';re stuck for a local then I';d be happy to take a look at it for you mate.   PM me if you like and i';ll send you my address to send it to. 
--
Danny

kugabooga

sad to see it dude, hope that';s not the shape of things to come , was it delivered by Royal Mail ? , was it in a padded envelope ? .

Hope you get it sorted mate .

Gaz

mrmurder1975

Quote from: deano on Tuesday,December 02, 2014, 12:55:30
Have you contacted the seller? Gotta be worth a try

no not yet. to be honest im going to leave it for a while as i am royally peeved off about it and i dont want to end up sending a less than polite email to him about it. i was under the impression the board would be all soldered up and ready to use, instead the buzzer was not done ( not a massive big deal, but wouldnt of hurt to inform us its not been done, wont be much cop to somebody that has never soldered before) and the envelope it was sent it was less than adequate.  all in all, what with the long wait and finally receiving it broken, it was all a bit of a cluster ****!

hopefully im the only one that receives theirs broken.

mrmurder1975

Quote from: Hands0n on Tuesday,December 02, 2014, 12:58:43
It may not be elegant, but you can replace the trace with a jumper wire from the nearest suitable soldering point wherever the trace runs to.  A small bit of solid-cored telephone wire would do the trick, then fix it down and paint it black with enamel or nail varnish. it won';t be an invisible repair but it would be back in action.

If you';re stuck for a local then I';d be happy to take a look at it for you mate.   PM me if you like and i';ll send you my address to send it to.

that would be great, thanks very much Danny. it would be amazing if i could get it repaired by someone who knows what they are doing. to be honest if i tried to do it, i would probably just knacker it completely. will drop you a pm now mate. thanks again.

mrmurder1975

Quote from: kugabooga on Tuesday,December 02, 2014, 13:47:12
sad to see it dude, hope that';s not the shape of things to come , was it delivered by Royal Mail ? , was it in a padded envelope ? .

Hope you get it sorted mate .

Gaz

Thanks Gaz. yeah it was in a padded envelope. but it was woefully inadequate to protect the pdb. way too thin. maybe if he had wrapped the pdb in bubble wrap, even one layer would of helped, then put it in the envelope it may of been ok. if you all get the same envelopes i received mine in, you will see what i mean. hopefully others make it to their destinations without similar issues. but to be honest, if they are packed the same way mine was, i wouldnt be surprised to see other reports of them arriving broken.